The Voice

Immortalized- Collection of Taeny shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The voice.

 

 

~Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back.~
Plato 
 

 

Tiffany stood on the peculiar bridge overlooking the Han River, allowing the breeze to wrap around her shivering body and run its fingers through her brown locks. She hugged herself, pulling the thin layers of her hoodie together in a futile attempt to warm herself up. Her gaze was riveted on the steady lapping of the serene water on the banks, which seemed to provide her with solace.

Look at how much you've influenced me…

She turned around, leaning against the railings as she stared at the steady stream of cars rushing past her. Scrunching her nose up, she fidgeted with her beats headphone hanging around her neck, before finally succumbing to the temptation and placing them carefully over her head. Her brown locks sailed in front of her, caressing her cheeks as her meticulously styled hairstyle was messed up with the breath of wind. Tiffany, however, was not bothered at all, instead fishing out her pink ipod shuffle and selecting her favorite song. A small smile graced her lips as she heard the melodic voice echo in her ears and she closed her eyes, relishing the sound of her voice.

Her voice. The one which filled Tiffany up on her melancholic days, bringing light to her dark days and making her heart swell. The one that had dragged Tiffany out of her hole of self-pity, uncovering her eyes to the light of life she had forgotten.

Her.

Her taetae.

Tiffany felt tears welling up in her eyes and she instinctively looked up to the sky, trying to prevent them from rolling out. The sky was dotted with an infinite amount of stars, the image getting blurred by her forthcoming tears. She choked out a sob and finally let herself go, bringing a trembling hand to as her emotions flooded over her. There was a big gaping hole in her heart, and her whole body shook, longing for Taeyeon’s touch to comfort her. She needed Taeyeon’s warm embrace to fill up the rising emptiness in her whole being, her warm hand to interlace into her own, filling up the empty spaces just like two puzzle pieces. Tiffany legs gave way and she sunk down, the music still blaring in her ears, leaving her as a helpless wreck, mentally calling for the girl she loved.

The one who didn’t return her feelings.

The one who was her best friend.

So this is it, Tiffany being broken again, by the one who had helped her up. Ironic isn’t it?

She smiled bitterly through her tears, her hand clutching her chest as she tried to relieve the immense pain growing inside her heart. The first few drops of rain fell, soon escalating into a huge downpour, soaking the crying girl to the bone. Tiffany reached out her hand, staring at the raindrops pelting against her skin, still dwelling in her own helpless world. She lifted her hood in a futile attempt to cover herself only to protec

Please log in to read the full chapter