006

Our school's president is a gangster?

HyunSeung POV

  Here I am, standing backstage waiting for my turn to be on stage. Thinking about going on stage with who knows how many pairs of eyes staring at me, I felt my heartbeat increase once more, heat rushing to my cheeks. What if I messed up? What if they don't like my dance? What if I lose? Would Hyuna still  encourage me? Would she still see me or will she just leave? 

   I clenched and unclenched my fists, hoping that it would calm me down somehow. I could hear the audience cheering loudly for the previous dancers, the dancer that recieved the loudest cheers was probably the dancer dancing now. Lee Howon. The quiet male that I always saw sitting with six other guys during lunch. After his turn, it would be mine. How am I supposed to win him? The booming of Omarion's O resonated through the entire assembly hall. I could faintly hear the squeals and screams of girls from where I was standing. 

    After the music died down, the mc of the competition said a few words and introduced me. I found myself on stage, looking at the people in the assembly hall, my eyes scanning the entire place, searching for that one person, Hyuna. My eyes finally landed on her form, she was smiling brightly at me, she nodded her head when I looked at her, as if she was encouraging me. A small smile made its way to my lips. 

    I bowed slightly, the music then started playing, my body started moving on its own. After the many practices, I remembered the dance by heart. 

    When it ended, I bowed once more, the students were cheering for me. I instantly felt relieved. My eyes once again went to find Hyuna, she was cheering for me. 

    I sighed, sitting at the edge of the stage, my legs dangling over the edge. I couldn't help but feel disappointed when they announced the winner. It wasn't me, it was Howon. I looked at the now empty hall, everyone had left by now. Leaving my alone to my disappointed feelings. I was disappointed at myself. I couldn't impress Hyuna. I felt useless. Dancing is the only thing I could do well, I'm not particularly smart. I'm not particularly good at anything else for that matter. Dancing was the only thing, and that option was gone. I let out another sigh. 

  "Hey!"

    A voice resonated through the empty hall, startled, I looked up. It was Hyuna. I opened my mouth to reply, but no words seemed to form. Instead, tears took it's place, rolling down my cheeks. Great, she must think I'm weak now, doesn't she? 

   I could hear her gasp, I lowered my head, trying to saved what dignity i had left. Guys are not supposed to cry. I was expecting her to leave. Instead, she held my hand, pulling me from the stage, so I was standing on the floor. Hyuna then hugged me. Closing my eyes, I buried my face in her neck, letting out another sigh. One of her hands went to the back on my head, the other patting my back gently. She was shorter than me so I was bending slightly. 

   "It's okay. You tried your best. I think you did great. To me, you were the best though." 

   My eyes flew open at her last sentence. She thought I was the best. Although I didn't win. I only joined because I wanted her to notice me abit more.  I wanted her recognition. A smile formed on my lip, I started laughing. I pulled away from the hug, smiling. 

    "Thanks." 

    She smiled back , " There's still next year." 

     Both of us the sat at the edge of the stage, none of us said anything else. Just enjoying each others company. As long as she's here, nothing matters anymore. As long as she smiles, I would be willing to do anything.

~

     We bid our goodbyes at the school gate, she was heading left while I was heading right. 

      "Bye then. See you tommorrow?" Hyuna said first. 

       "Yeah." I replied simply, watching her turn her back towards me and she started walking. I stared at her for a while before I did something that I normally wouldn't dare to do. 

       I ran up to her and grabbed her arm. 

      Hyuna turned , "Wha-" 

      Her words were cut off by my lips, I pressed my lips to hers gently. Pulling her a little closer, I felt my heart beating quickly and loudly against my chest, as if it could stop at any moment. If it was any louder, Hyuna could hear my heartbeat. I wish time would stop. 


JunHyung POV.

      "Where is Hyuna? Aish." Pulling the jacket closer, trying to shield myself from the cold wind. It was getting colder nowadays. I walked nearer the school, hoping that she would be there, it was getting late and she wasn't home yet. I was worried. 

      From afar, I saw two figures by the gates. As I walked closer, I recognized them. It was Hyuna and Hyunseung. There were kissing. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat. I felt my heart breaking. What was she doing? Didn't she say she had to clean up after the dance competition? What was she doing now? 

      My heart hurt, as if the was stabbed a few times then got stepped on. I backed away slowly, tears forming in my eyes. 

      "." I cursed, my hand flew to my eyes, wiping the tears away immediately. Clenching my fists, I turned and ran. I didn't know where I was running to, I just ran. Hoping that the pain would go away. I came to a stop at an old playground. I sat on one of the swings, looking up to the starry night sky, trying my best not to let tears fall, but I failed. I closed my eyes. 

      Hyuna. Please don't. 

    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally updated this story~ Gahh. This is turning out slightly weird. D: