Kisses

EDITING | Tangled Ball of Red

Hi guys! Just wanted to say sorry for the late update! I'm still a bit busy this week with school so this chapter is a bit short; I just wanted to give you guys something. I'll try to update next chapter as soon as I can. Hope you enjoy this one :)

 

Gina sat in Ailee's shop, watching her two best friends work. She wanted to help but Ailee insisted that Gina sit and that she'll join Gina shortly. Ailee was packing up a few slices of cake for a customer and Hyungsik was setting up coffee espresso machines behind the counter. Starting next week, the shop wil become a cafe and Hyungsik will work as the barista.

Waiting, Gina squeezes her eyes shut and rubs her temples as her headache gets worse. Slowly, memories of the night before flashes through her mind. There was a little girl. She said something... but what? Gina thought harder, feeling that her message was important but was unable to recall what the girl whispered. She did manage to remember a painting.

"The painting," Gina yells out.

"You scared me!" Ailee sits down and wipes the tea that spilt over her hands when she flinched from Gina's outburst.

"The painting, where is it?" Gina asks as Ailee passes her a cup.

"Huh? What painting?"

"Last night, wasn't there a painting with me?"

"Ahh, that thing. You kept hugging it so I wasn't even sure what it was. Hmm now that you mention it, after laying you down on your bed, I went to get you a change of clothes. When I came back, it wasn't there anymore so I thought Hyungsik took it away from you. Why?"

"I- I don't remember. I'm trying to remember what happened last night and the painting is all that I can remember, and the little girl that was selling it," explains Gina. "There was something she said while pointing to the painting but I don't remember."

"Let's ask Hyungsik- oh, Dong Woo!" Ailee stands up and waves. Dong Woo walks over with a friend towards Ailee. Reaching the table Dong Woo greets Gina and introduces his friend to the girls.

"You guys talk, I'm going to help Hyungsik," Gina says, leaving the three of them to talk. Up at the counter, Hyungsik was helping a customer.

"Hey Hyungsik, last night did you take the painting from me?" Gina asks when the woman leaves with her purchase.

"What painting," he asks back, confused. 

"Weren't I holding on to something when you guys found me last night? Ailee saw it but thought you took it away."

"Ahh, that. No, when Ailee went to get a change of clothes for you, I went to the washroom to get a bucket in case you vomit. I didn't notice that painting much."

Gina was confused. If no one took it, where could it be?

"Is that that Dong guy?" Gina looks at Hyungsik, who was looking toward Ailee's table.

"He has a lot of free time for a teacher." Gina gives him a glare.

"Sorry. I don't mean you- I- I don't know."

"Haha I'm just playing. Here, I'll help you," says Gina, going back behind the counter.

For the next two hours, Hyungsik finished setting up the machines and cleaned up while Gina helped sell some bakery goods until closing. Gina noticed Hyungsik glancing over at Ailee and Dong Woo a few times and even giving a glare when Dong Woo and his friend got up to leave. Ailee rushed up to the counter, apologizing. 

"Dong Woo invited me to Club X tonight. There will be dance performances," Ailee raises her fists to her cheeks, making a cute face. "Please come with me?"

"Yeah," Hyungsik replies before Gina.

"I wasn't asking you," Ailee sticks out her tongue. "What do you say Gina?"

"Yeah, why not."

"Woo! Let's go home!!"

"I don't care! I'm coming," Hyungsik exclaims.

~ - ~

Entering Club X, Ailee found Dong Woo and his friends right away. She dashes ahead of Gina and Hyungsik to the booth.

"Do we have to sit with them?" Hyungsik asks, irritated, which Gina notes.

"No, not if you don't want to. Let's sit over there?" Gina asks Hyungsik, pointing two booths down where Dong Woo was sitting.

"Sure."

Sitting down, Hyungsik orders a few drinks right away. The host asks Gina if she wanted anything to which she said no; she had enough last night.

"Care to share what's been bothering you? You mentioned it last night if I remember correctly," she begins her question. "Is this about A-"

"Family problems and-," says Hyungsik as he downs shot after shot.

"If you don't mind me asking... is there something going on between you and Dr. Lee?"

"Sigh, yes," Hyungsik takes another shot. "But not what you think."

"What do you mean?" Gina asks but wasn't able to hear the answer. Ailee appeared pulling Gina toward the dance floor. Ailee gestures Hyungsik to join then but he raises his palm up and does a shooing action.

"Ailee, I- Hyungsik-"

"Don't worry, he knows his limit."

Gina dances with Ailee, but took occasional glances at Hyungsik worriedly. Soon after, Dong Woo and his friends joins them. Dancing too close, Gina began to feel uncomfortable so she slowly leaves until the music volume lowers, making her stop in her track. The DJ makes an announcement about the week being bboy week. Throughout the week, the groups were going to do some performances and next Saturday, there will be a battle. He then goes on to say that there are six groups. Resuming the high volume, the DJ begins to introduce the groups one by one with each giving a short performance. Slowly the dance floor makes room in the center, everyone crowding around to watch the performances.

By the last performance, Gina was getting increasingly worried about Hyungsik because she was standing in the front of the crowd and couldn't see behind her to see if Hyungsik was alright. She decided to go back to him but was stopped by a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and found a guy covered with a skull mouth/face mask holding out his hand while other guys were dancing around him. She turns over to Ailee, who was giving her 'what are you doing?' look and takes Gina's hand into the guy's hand. He leads her toward the center by dancing around her and when they got there, the guys continue to dance around her while the guy with the mask pulls out a rose and hands it to her. Feeling of being put on the spot, she accepts the rose, causing a huge cheer from the crowd. Then, the masked guy stops and just looks at her in the eyes, to which she did the same. And within seconds, before Gina was able to register everything that happened: the masked stranger whispered a 'Hello' and pulls one side of his mask off and gives her a peck on the lips and quickly slides the mask back on and dances. Finishing off the performance, the crowd gave a loud cheer and Ailee runs to a blank state Gina.

"Oh my god, he kissed you!" Ailee squeals. "Gina!" 

Gina snaps out of blankness and looks at Ailee. "I-"

"You should go find him and asks for his number. Did you see his face?"

Gina shakes her head.

"How did you not?! I mean, he took off part of his mask to kiss you, didn't he?"

"I- Yes but I was- his eyes." Gina was still feeling a bit confused. Why her?

"You were staring in his eyes? Romantic! I'm going to find him."

"Wait, Hyungsik!" Gina fully snaps out of the thought and pushes her way back to the booth. Both Ailee and Gina looks at Hyungsik wide-eyed. There was Hyungsik, drunk in the arms of two girls, offering them drinks.

"I cannot believe what I'm seeing," utters Ailee, making her way to the booth. She shoos the girls away and grabs Hyungsik's arm, pulling him up but he shakes her arm off of him. She looks up to Gina, asking her for help. When both girls were supporting Hyungsik up on each side, his arms around their shoulders, he looks down at them happily.

"My girls!" he shouts. Losing his balance, he lets go of Ailee and rubs his head.

"I- I" stuttering while retaining his balance, he turns to Gina and places her face into his free hand and pulls her in for a kiss.