Nine

Fiction and Fact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Because Leehom was touring in Singapore, Producer Hu's top choice candidate was not able to record for the OST. Instead, JJ Lin and Della were brought in to record the opening theme song and an insert song. To both mine and Terry’s absolute delight, I was successful in requesting *Aaron Yan was signed to record a song in two weeks. 

“Do you remember when we used to stay up all night after finishing homework to watch his dramas,” Andi said over the phone when I told her. “We had to turn off all the lights and hide in your closet so your parents didn’t find out that we were staying up so late. And look at you know, Lin Yejing, getting to meet him.”

“I wonder if he looks any older,” I mused. 

“In looks, he hasn’t aged a day past 22,” Andi concluded. “Ah, our idol first love.” 

I think everyone on set could sense my giddiness, and the staff teased me lightheartedly about my crush. Even Terry was teasing me, even though I knew that he thought Aaron was really cute too. 

Aaron, on his end, seemed very honored to have been invited to participate in the soundtrack. In interviews, he professed himself to be a huge fan of the the book since it first came out. 

Andi sent me an interview with 8 different heart emoticons just as we were wrapping up filming for the day, and Terry crowded around me to get a look too. “I was so excited to hear they were making a drama adaption,” Aaron was saying. I swear I could feel Terry melt a little next to me at the sight. “So when my manager told me that they had invited me to record a song, I didn’t even think. I just said yes.”

“Naturally, he has good taste,” Terry muttered. 

“Lin Ye is an amazing author. He’s supposed to be really young right? Younger than me?” Aaron continued. “Really amazing. I would love to meet him if I get the chance. It would be like getting a younger brother, right?” 

“Oh you lucky girl,” Terry clapped, smirking at me as the video ended. I put down my phone slowly, trying not to blush. “You’re ‘really amazing’ to your first love.”
 
I heard a scoff behind me and turned to see Lu Han standing behind us, hands in his pockets. “Yeah, an amazing younger brother. I’m sure that was your teenage dream.”

“Younger brother is better than stranger,” Terry defended. “At least she was acknowledged”

Lu Han squinted at me. “What do you even like about him anyway?”

“He’s really handsome and charismatic,” Terry said at once. 

Lu Han rolled his eyes with exasperation. “Other than that. There are a lot of handsome people in the entertainment business.”

Like you, I thought in my head. If Aaron was my idol first-love, then Lu Han would have been the idol love-of-my-life. 

“Aaron is very well-spoken and hardworking apart from just the looks,” I added. “I also just love how Taiwanese people speak. It’s much softer than us Beijing natives. It’s softer and seems so much more polite and sweet.”

“Yes you people are very rough around the edges. Whew, I didn’t want to say it and offend you two. I’m glad you agree,” Terry said with a dramatic hand to the heart. “Your Beijing tone is not cute.”

Lu Han seemed about to retort when Nana sidled up next to us. “I think Lu Han’s tone is cute,” she said innocently. She batted her eyelashes a few times, gave me a long hard talk, then went to talk to Director Cai.   

“Whoops, I set her up for that one,” Terry muttered to me in a staged whisper. “I accidentally helped the devil say something nice for once.”

“Guys, she’s not that bad is she?” Lu Han seemed sincerely confused. “Nana seems like a nice girl.”

Terry and I just shook our heads at him. “You haven’t seem the real side of her,” Terry told him, giving him a pat on the back. 

“Why?”

“Oh you poor, clueless boy.” I guess Terry didn’t want to be the one to tell Lu Han that Nana was obviously interested in him, because he left it at that. After Lu Han was out of earshot, Terry’s head snapped to me. “Did you see that?” he asked gleefully. “He was jealous of what you said about Aaron.”

I sighed, picking up my bag. “He also called Nana a nice girl. So two steps forward, two steps back?”

“I still think you guys are perfect for each other,” Terry called after me.

Yeah, in my dreams only, maybe. 

 

 

I asked Kevin if it was okay for me to reveal my true self to Aaron. It was too big of an opportunity for me to miss out on. 

“As your manager, I have to say that the more people who know, the harder it is for you to hide even if we swear him to secrecy.”

“So no?”

I think Kevin could hear how bummed I was because he sighed. “One person shouldn’t make a difference. Go for it, Yejing. Live out your teenage dream.”

“Oh my god, why does everyone know about my old crush?”

Kevin laughed. “Andi told me. She also told me you had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter