The Protective Noona

Hi~ You're my Crush!

 


 

" How did your interview go? " MinWoo's mother asked while putting some vegetables into HyoSung's bowl.

" Good, I think I got in. " She smiled and then turned to MinWoo, excited. " And I even got MinWoo a place in the school! "

" W-wait, what do you mean got me a place? " MinWoo almost choked on his food, obviously shocked.

" Well, I've spoke to the principal and he agreed to let you transfer to his school. I'm sure you'll like it there, it's a good school. Plus, I'll be a teacher there, it's better that I can always keep a look out for you. "

" Yah, noona, you didn't even asked for my opinion! " MinWoo stopped eating, feeling frustrated that his sister made such a big decision without even consulting him first.

" Psh, do I have to? You are my dongsaeng and I'm in charge, okay? Anyway, just saying, my boyfriend's little sister is studying there too, so you might get to meet her. " She gave a huge gummy smile, hinting something.

" It doesn't matter to me if she's studying there or not, okay? So stop making decisions on your own. " MinWoo continued eating but showed his displeasure.

" Yah, HyoSung ah, if our MinWoo ever get a girlfriend, she's going to be who he likes, okay? Your boyfriend's sister is a nice girl, but don't matchmake them like that. " Their mother was on MinWoo's side.

" But umma... " HyoSung tried to reason but was interrupted by her father, in an attempt to stop the arguments. " So what's the school you were talking about like, Hyosung ah? "

" Ohh it's a great school! I have friends who graduated from there and they told me a lot about it! The school is very strict with the acceptance of students, so it's definitely a honour that our MinWoo is accepted! " Hyosung soon started going on and on about how great the school is.

MinWoo shook his head as he leaned forward to get more vegetables, paying little attention to his sister's non-stop praises of the school.

It might seems like MinWoo and HyoSung are not in good terms, but no, they are in fact very close with each other. HyoSung is just a protective noona wanting the best of everything for her dongsaeng, she might go overboard sometimes, but MinWoo knows. He knows that everything his sister does for him is because of her love for him, so he'll never stay angry for long. However, MinWoo is not always the one who compromises though, HyoSung too, as an elder sister, sometimes gives in to her brother.

Their parents were very busy with their work when HyoSung and MinWoo were younger, so they depended on each other and HyoSung was in fact almost like a mother to MinWoo. They fight, they argue, but they always make up. It's impossible to imagine life without each other. This is kinship.

 

Later that evening, MinWoo was finishing up his school assignments in his room when there was a soft knock on his door. " MinWoo ah. " HyoSung opened the door slightly and stood by the door frame. MinWoo put down his pen and spun his chair around to face his sister. " Yeah? "

HyoSung entered the room and sat on the edge of the bed with MinWoo facing her. " Are you angry? "

MinWoo shook his head slightly as an answer to his sister's question. " You're forgiven, noona. " He said with a small smile.

HyoSung's expression brighten up and showed her gummy smile. " Really? YAY! " She jumped up and started cheering. MinWoo just sat there laughing at how his sister acts so childish sometimes. " So it's confirmed I have to transfer school? Since you already spoke to the principal and all. "

HyoSung gave a guilty nod before speaking " I'm really sorry, I thought you'll like the decision. " She sighed and looked away.

" Come on, noona! I told you you're forgiven! " MinWoo smiled and opened up his arms, initiating a hug. " Aww, it's been so long since I last hugged my baby! " HyoSung happily moved forward for the hug but was stopped by her brother. " Yah, you can only hug me if you stop calling me baby, okay? "

HyoSung smiled and went ahead with the hug " Sure, I'll stop calling our baby MinWoo baby. "