Where it all began.

Secret Love

There's a treat in the bottom, only if you read all of it. Enjoy!

Italics are flashbacks.


"Ouch!" Hyunae cried out in pain as she fell off her pink skateboard. Yongguk and Himchan turned their heads towards her direction and quickly skated with their skateboards towards her. Hyunae pulled her knee towards her and examined the big scrape that was bleeding. Yongguk and Himchan crouched down infront of her. "Kwenchana?" they asked. "Aish!" Himchan ruffled his hair. "I told you to be careful didn't I?" he scolded her. "Himchan shut up and help me take her to that bench" Yongguk glared at him and Himchan rolled his eyes. They took both of Hyunae's arms and swung it on their shoulders, keeping her balanced by wrapping their arms on her waist.

 

They reached the bench that was faced infront of the skateboard rink. "Yah, stop crying" Himchan sat next to his sister and wiped her tears that trailed down her cheeks. Yongguk crouched down and examined her bleeding knee. "Hey" he looked at his best friend and said, "Go run to the pharmacy down the block and get some ointment and bandages" 

 

"Aish!" Himchan ruffled his hair again and sighed. "I don't have my wallet Guk." Yongguk reached for his wallet and handed him some money. "Hurry up and come back quickly" he commanded Himchan. Himchan sprinted out of the park, towards the pharmacy. Hyunae whimpered as Yongguk blew on her knee. "Mian" he smiled at her. He stretched his arm towards her and wiped the tears from her cheeks. "We told you to be careful Hyun" he said as he sat next to her. 

 

"I know. I was careful but I just lost my balance and slipped" Hyunae whimpered. Her scraped knee was badly injured, blood was smeared all around and some was even dripping down her leg. "Oppa" she sighed. Yongguk turned to her and nodded his head, signalling her that she has all his attention. "Mian for being such a burden" she whispered. 

 

A burden. That's what she felt like to him.

 

The three of them met when they were seven years old. Yongguk and his parents had moved in to the house next to the Kims. The twins parents had invited the Bangs for dinner one night. A 'welcome to the neighborhood' kind of dinner. Their parents hit it off right away, so did their kids. When they found out that they were all the same ages, they became friends right away. They went to the same school and did the same things. Yongguk would go to the twins house for breakfast, lunch , and dinner. The same goes for the twins. They would go to school together and come home together. They basically did everything together. These three were inseparable. People who didn't know them might have thought they were all siblings since they stick together every minute.

 

Since they did everything together, Hyunae was sort of a tomboy growing up. When the boys played soccer or basketball, she would be playing with them. When they rode their skateboard, she would be riding with them. Matter of fact, it was Yongguk who taught her how to ride a bike and how to skate.

 

Yongguk also took care of her most of the time. You see, Hyunae was a clutz. She was really clumsy when she was little. Heck, she still is. Whenever she fell from running, tripped from walking,  got cuts from dropping something, and fell off her bike or skateboard, Yongguk was there to tend to her. Himchan hated the fact that she was clumsy. Or maybe he just hated that Yongguk was always the first to be there for her.

 

And just like the other times, Yongguk is the one tending to her right now. He sighed and took a hold of her hand. "Can you stop crying?" he pleaded. "You know I hate it when you cry" he said. Hyunae sniffed and wiped her tears off with her free hand. "It's just" she hiccuped, "I feel bad that you always have to take care of me." Yongguk chuckled at her, "Yah pabo-yah" he nudged her. "You're never a burden to me Hyun. You're my girl remember?" he grinned and leaned towards her, kissing her cheek. Hyunae felt her cheek all tingly after he pulled his lips away from her. The tingly sensation traveled throughout her whole body and ended up on her lower stomach. She felt those stupid butterflies again. 

 

Himchan arrived infront of them, panting. He shoved the white bag infront of Yongguk and he immediately grabbed the contents in the bag and kneeled infront of her again. Yongguk took the bottle of water and twisted the cap open, spilling the contents carefully on Hyunae's knee. The water washed the dried blood away and Hyunae winced from the contact. Yongguk open the small package of tissue and dabbed the scrape dry. "You're so stupid Hyunae. I told you to be careful. Now look!" Himchan threw his arms in the air, "Mom and dad will scold us again. Me, to be specific for not keeping an eye on you" he nagged her.

 

"Will you shut up?" Yongguk told him as he squeezed a generous amount of ointment on a cotton swab and dabbed it on her knee. "Can't you be sensible to your sister? She's hurting you know" he stated. Himchan sighed in defeat, "She's thirteen Guk. Stop babying her will you?" Yongguk ignored him as he open several bandaids and laid them carefully on top of Hyunae's scrape. "There. All done!" he looked up at her and grinned.

 

In all honesty, Hyunae was in a whole different planet when Yongguk was tending to her wound. Her ears blocked Himchan's nagging and all she could see was Yongguk. She stared at him, observing and admiring his beautiful face. Hyunae looked on at him as his eyebrows furrowed and his forehead creased together as he was concentrated on treating her knee. How his lips tugged from the corners and smiled at his work. Hyunae's heart fluttered once again and her stomach had millions of butterflies flying around. They seemed to be doing that nowadays. She knew she liked Yongguk. But she contemplated many times whether it was just a simple liking or whether it was love. What does a thirteen year old know about love anyways? ...Right?

 

But from that day on, Hyunae knew she had fallen in love with her best friend. 

---

Yongguk woke up from his sleep once his bladder decided that it needed some release. He glanced at the clock that was hanging on top of his massive television. 2:45 am, it read. He groggily stood up and rubbed his eyes, trying to not step on Zelo who has sleeping next to his feet. He headed to the bathroom to pee. Once he was done, he left the bathroom and walked down the hallway back to the living room. But before he reached, he noticed the light that was escaping from the closed door of his room down the hall. He walked up to his room and carefully twisted the knob open. He stepped inside and noticed Hyunae sleeping soundly on his bed. Yongguk took quiet steps towards her.

 

Hyunae still had her uniform on. Usually, she would strip out of her uniform and grab one of his shirt and his grey sweats that fit her. "You must be really tired" Yongguk whispered. He leaned down and ruffled her hair lightly, earning a few soft grunts from her. He chuckled softly, not wanting to wake her up. Yongguk ducked his head towards her and kissed her cheek. He turned off his bedside lamp and walked out of the room, back to the living room to get some sleep.

 

"Oppa" Yongguk groaned and his stomach. "Oppa" he heard the soft voice again. "Oppa wake up" he felt someone shaking his shoulder. Yongguk fluttered his eyes open. As soon he opened his eyes, the sight of Hyunae's pretty face came into view. He smiled, "Good morning princess." Hyunae rolled her eyes, "Oppa get up. I made breakfast. If you want some, you better get your bum up before your dongsaengs eat all of it" she said.

 

"Nice for you to join us Mr. Bang" Himchan smiled at his best friend once Yongguk sat down on the table. "Shut up" Yongguk replied. "Geez. Why so hostile to your favorite person in the world" Himchan pouted. Yongguk grabbed a toast and bit on it, "Hyunae is my favorite person in the world" he grinned and winked at her, earning a roll of the eyes from her. The boys snickered as Himchan jokingly pouted his lips again.

 

"What are we doing today hyungs?" Zelo asked. "Yeah hyungs! It's a Saturday, let's do something fun!" Jongup butted in. "It's so hot outside though" Youngjae complained with Daehyun on his side. "I know!" maknae Zelo said excitedly. "Let's go to the beach!!" 

 


Did you read all of it? You probably cheated, but here it is!

Something to drool on. You won't regret it, I promise :)

Look carefully, even though it's pretty obvious lol