Pabo

Secret Love

Loud voices from the living woke up the two girls that were peacefully sleeping on the second floor. Hyunae sat up straight and rubbed her eyes, trying to clear her vision. Once her vision came to normal, she turned to her right and saw Nana sound asleep. The boys' loud voices boomed through her room even though they were downstairs. She glanced at the clock next to her bed and it was roughly ten fourty-five in the morning. Hyunae groaned and stood up to go to the bathroom that was connected to her bedroom. "Why so loud?" Nana groaned while flipping around the bed. Hyunae chuckled at her actions and closed the bathroom door. After a few minutes of preparing, both girls descended down the stairs. Hyunae caught sight of Yongguk sitting on the living room couch, only to find him staring at the person behind her.

 

"Good Morning Noona!" Daehyun chimed and smiled at Hyunae. "Nana-shi" he then greeted Nana who smiled at him in return. "I need to go home. My sister and I has to go somewhere today" Nana looked at Hyunae to bid her goodbye. "I'll walk you home" Hyunae offered, but only to be interrupted by someone. "I'll take her" Yongguk stood up and jogged his way to the girls who were already on their way out the front door. "Uhhh" Hyunae looked at Nana and back to him. Yongguk gave her his usual gummy smile, nodding a bit for her to let him go. Hyunae sighed and nodded her head. Yongguk beamed and gestured Nana out the door.

 

"I swear Hyun" Himchan greeted her with a glare as she reached the living room and sat on the couch next to Zelo. "Noona, you want some" he asked her while tilting his bowl of cereal her way. "No thank you" she refused, ignoring Himchan's statement. "Hyunae" Himchan heaved a heavy sigh that caught all the boys' attention. "I really don't want to hear Channie" Hyunae leaned her head back on the couch and closed her eyes. Why did I let him walk her home? That's just an opportunity for her to take him away from me. As if reading her mind, what Himchan's next statement caught everyone's attention. "You're giving him away to her" he said and each of the boys looked at each other. Hyunae opened her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

"Can we not talk about this?"

 

"No." Himchan shot her down. "Why don't you just ing confess to him already? How can you just sit back and watch him go to another woman?" Himchan's voice got louder, frustrated that his sister chose to suffer. A long silence followed his unanswered questions as all of them just sat there. Even the boys who were actively munching on their cereals got quiet.

 

"Wait" Youngjae finally broke the awkward silence that was hanging in the air. He turned to Hyunae and blurted out, "You like Yongguk hyung?" 

 

"Six years boys. Six years" Himchan answered for her. The four boys didn't seem to be surprised at the news. "Why aren't you guys surprise?" she asked them. "We kinda figured it out a long time ago noona" the youngest of them spoke. "How?"

 

"Well unlike Yongguk hyung, we actually notices how you act around him" Daehyun started.

 

"You've never had a boyfriend even though noona has hundreds of guys lining up for you."

 

"Whenever you see hyung with girls, you curses them out under your breathe."

 

"You always complain of how big of a player he is."

 

"We see the way you look at him noona."

 

"And the way you blushes whenever he does that thumb swiping thingy when he wipes something off your lips."

 

"And when he kisses your cheek too."

 

"Oh, and you seem to care more about him than Himchan hyung."

 

Himchan glared at Jongup at the last statement.

 

The boys threw out every single evidence of how they figured out she likes him. Himchan stood up from his seat and clapped his hands, applausing. "Well done boys" he praised the boys. "Now who thinks she should confess her love for Yongguk?" he rose his hand and all the boys followed. "Do it noona!" Zelo beamed at her. "No" And with that, Hyunae ascended back up the stairs and into her bedroom.

 

---

 

"Pleeeeeaseee princess" Yongguk begged Hyunae for the hundredth time. Hyunae shot him a glare since he has been bugging her. She was trying to write her paper that was due on Monday, but she couldn't get it done since Yongguk decided to annoy her. "Please Hyun. Just put in a good word for me. Please?" he begged her once again. "She thinks I'm the biggest player, so she won't give me a chance." Hyunae stopped typing and turned to face him, "You kinda are."  She could see the desperation in his face. "Just one date Hyun. One. Tell her if she doesn't like it and if she doesn't feel anything for me, then I'll gladly leave her alone." 

 

Hyunae's heart was hurting bad as she stares at her first love. It hurted bad as he begs her to help him get a date with her friend. "Do you really... like her... that much?" She really has a bad habit of asking questions whose answers she didn't want to hear. Yongguk eagerly nodded his head, "A lot" he said. Hyunae's chest throbbed at his answer. The one that he never hesistated on answering.

 

"Okay then. But if she said no, then I can't do anything about it." Hyunae shrugged and turned back to her laptop, trying to contain the building tears that decided to form in her eyes. Yongguk beamed at her, grabbing her shoulders to face him. "Thank you princess!" he hugged her tightly. "You're the best. I love you!" he said and gave her a sloppy kiss on the cheek. Hyunae could see the big grin on his face. Yongguk stormed out of their home, skipping happily like a little girl.

 

"What was that all about? Why was he so happy, grinning like an idiot?" Himchan asked her. Hyunae snapped out of her daze, "Huh?" she faced him. "Yongguk, I saw him on my way inside. What is he so happy about?" Hyunae's shoulders slumped, like she had just been defeated from a long battle. "Don't tell me... you finally agreed to help him" Hyunae merely shrugged at him. "Are you seriously going to help Guk get the girl?" 

 

"If he's happy... then yes" she smiled. A forced smile he knew too well.

 

"For s sake Hyun, why are you doing this to yourself?" he yelled at her. "I don't understand why, Hyun. Enlighten me."

 

"Because he's ing happy okay?" she finally exploded. "Do you not see how persistent he was to get a date with her? Do you not see that big smile on his face whenever someone mentions her name or whenever he thinks about her? Do you not see the look in his eyes whenever he looks at her? He's happy Himchan. He's actually serious about a girl this time."

 

Himchan sighed and closed his eyes, trying to make sense of her reasons. "You know he could be happy with you too."

 

"All I am to him is a damn sister. That's how he's seen me and that's how he'll always see me as. Yongguk doesn't feel the same love I feel for him, okay?"

 

"You never know until you try Hyun" Himchan persisted, annoyed at how stubborn she is.

 

Hyunae sighed for the umpteenth time. Her too is quite annoyed at him. "Okay" she turned to face him. Hyunae got up from the floor and sat on the coffee table and faced him. "Let's say I do tell him I've been madly ing in love with him since we were thirteen. That he was my first love. Then what? He rejects me, tells me oh so clearly that he doesn't see me like that. He'll tell me the same line again, that I'm only his sister. Then what Channie?" she asked him. "I'll tell you what" she inhaled, not even bothering to wait for his answer. "Our relationship will get awkward afterwards since he won't see me the same way like before. We're just going to avoid each other and then eventually drift apart." Hyunae felt her heart squeeze tightly with just the thought of these things happening in the future. "Either way, I'm going to get my heart broken Channie. Whether I tell him I love him or not, I'm still going to be heartbroken. So might as well give him to someone who he'll be happy with. I'd rather see him happy from nearby than watch him from far away."

 

She looked at him with teary eyes. The tears that escaped her beautiful brown eyes fell like watefalls. "Come here" Himchan reached out for her and caged her into a tight embrace. Hyunae held on to him, burying her face into the space between his shoulder and neck. Himchan let his sister's tears drench his shirt, but he didn't care. He hated seeing his sister like this. Whatever she felt, he felt. 

 

"You're a pabo Hyunae-ah" He caressed her hair. "You're one big pabo for falling in love with your best friend."


A/N

Oh Hyunae...

What do you guys think about her reasons?

Do you agree?

Thanks for reading!

 

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHOI SEUNGHYUN!!