.

Secret Love

"Channie hurry the up!" Hyunae yelled from outside his door. They were going to be late for school again if Himchan doesn't hurry his out. Hyunae and Himchan are fraternal twins; Himchan being four minutes older than her. The both of them are Seniors in high school, attending Seoul Academy. They live together in the condo their parents had bought for them. The two lives alone in Seoul while their parents are abroad handling their business. 

 

"Oh my god" She blew on her non-existent bangs. Himchan finally came out of his room and walked passed Hyunae while adjusting his school uniform. Hyunae followed behind him to the front door. "What the were you doing in there for so long?" She nagged. "Were you ?!" She gasped, faking innocence.

 

Himchan rolled his eyes, "Guk doesn't like his girls cursing" he stated. "He doesn't like me period." She scoffed and pushed him to the side, walking out of the door. "I'm driving!" She yelled while making her way to the elevator.

 

She hated how Himchan knows her so well. They are twins afterall. Himchan knows how in love his sister is with their best friend. He knew from the start and kept it a secret from him, and even her. He only told her that he knew a year ago. She made him promised, no she threatened him, to not tell anyone about it. Especially, Yongguk. Of course he promised that he won't. But once in a while, he would nag her to just confess to Yongguk about her feelings. Telling her that he has a right to know and that she was just setting herself for a bigger heartbreak later on if she doesn't tell him sooner. Hyunae, the stubborn girl that she is, of course denied his request.

 

Hyunae parked her grey Range Rover at the only empty spot of the school's parking lot. The two got out of the car and headed towards the boys who were messing around, hollering at girls who passed by them. "Noona!" Zelo jumped off of his seat and jogged to Hyunae. She greeted him with a smile and ruffled the younger's hair. Hyunae let her eyes wander around the school courtyard, looking for a specific person. "Who are we looking for?" She gasped when she heard Himchan whisper in her ear, startling her. "" she glared at him and rolled her eyes. The bell rang, signalling that first period was about to start. Hyunae bid the boys goodbye as she and Himchan walk to their first period class.

 

Yongguk didn't attend school today. Turns out he woke up late and got lazy, so Hyunae and the boys decided to drop by his place afterschool. They gladly invited themselves to stay the night since it was friday anyways. They stopped by the supermarket near his apartment before heading to his place. The maknaes, Jongup and Zelo, grabbed all the unhealthy chips and other snacks that their hands could reach. Hyunae on the otherhand, was pushing another cart. She filled it up with foods such as vegetables, bread, fruits, ramen, and bottles of water.

 

"Lemme guess" She jumped and clutched her pounding heart. "My God Channie, stop creepin on me" She scolded him and went back to pointing at the fresh meat, telling the ahjumma to give her 2lbs of it. "This is all for him isn't it?" Himchan asked while leaning on the shopping cart handle. Hyunae thanked the lady and settled the meat in the cart. She gestured him to follow her and so he did, pushing the cart while walking beside her. "You know" he started, "You pamper him more than you do to me." Himchan pouted and watched his sister as she dialled some numbers on her phone. "Don't be ridiculous Himchan" she rolled her eyes, "nobody uses the word pamper anymore."

 

After paying for the two full carts, they loaded the bags in the trunk. Yongguk told Hyunae to grab some pizzas and wings before they come over, telling her he was dying of hunger. She was more than happy to comply to his order, of course.

 

"Noona, why do you always fill up Yongguk hyung's fridge?" Youngjae asked with a raised eyebrow. Jongup suddenly gasped, surprising everyone in the car. "Hyunae noona and Yongguk hyung are secretly dating!" He yelled. She glared at him through the rearview mirror and he pouted in an instant. Himchan on the otherhand, snorted beside her. 

 

I wish, she thought to herself.

 

The six of them finally arrived at Yongguk's place. Each of them carrying five plastic bags in each hands. Hyunae kicked the front door and in an instant, it swung open, revealing a half Bang Yongguk. "Let me get that for you princess" he shot Hyunae his greasy smile and took the bags from her hands. She marched her way inside his living room and plopped herself down on the couch. The rest of the boys put the stuff in his kitchen and made their way in the living room as well. Yongguk came out of his room, putting on a fresh new white tee. He caught Hyunae's eyes and grinned from ear to ear. 

 

Yongguk settled himself next to Hyunae on the couch and swung open the pizza box, grabbing one and putting it on a plate. "Here you go princess" he handed the plate to Hyunae. "Stop calling me princess, oppa" she pouted and bit a big piece of her pizza. Yongguk leaned towards her and Hyunae's eyes widened and her heart started to beat faster than normal. He swiped his thumb on her lips to wipe some sauce that was left behind. He then brought his thumb to his mouth and on the sauce. God, how she loved it whenever he did that. But she knows that's the furthest they'll ever go. An indirect kiss.

 

After devouring five boxes of pizzas, thirty-five buffalo wings, and two liters of soda, the seven of them finally finished their meal. It was now seven at night and the boys were playing video games. Hyunae was halfway passed out, leaning her head on her brothers shoulder. She glanced to her side and saw Yongguk texting someone while grinning to himslef. She scrunched up her nose, probably one of his , she thought.

 

"I'm sleepy" she said and stood up. She headed to Yongguk's room to sleep. It was common for her to do this. Nothing out of the ordinary. Whenever they stayed the night at his house, he always let Hyunae have his bed while the boys sleep on the floor of the living room. Hyunae closed the door and looked around the familiar room. Her eyes landed on his study desk at the corner. She went closer and picked up the familiar picture frame. A smile was painted on her pretty face as she stares at the picture. It was the three of them when they were kids. Hyunae was sandwiched in the middle with Himchan and Yongguk on either side of her. The boys had their arms around her shoulder while she gave two peace signs. 

 

Hyunae sighed as she settled the frame back to the desk. She ploppled herself down on his bed and stared at the ceiling. The three of them looked like siblings in that picture. Maybe that's why that's all he thought of her as. A sister.

 

Hyunae sighed once again as the scent of his bedsheets traveled through her nose. It didn't even smell like him this time. It smells of some cheap woman's perfume. "One of his ", she whispered. That's how he is. A player who draws women with just one gaze. She sulked as she thought of him. She pouted as she reminded herself that he doesn't think of her as what she wanted him to think.

 

But then a smile crept on her pretty lips as she remembered a certain memory from years back. Back when she started to fall in love with him.


Oh gosh. I feel bad for you guys. This is a boring first chapter. I'm so bad at writing first chapters.