Chapter 9

Love Potion

 

Gongchan tapped his foot impatiently before letting a sigh escape his lips. Instead of just standing there peeking out the window every few minutes in hope of seeing Jinyoung’s car drive up he decided that pacing was a better idea.  Gongchan tried to trample down the dread that was starting to grow in his heart. Jinyoung was 40 minutes late in picking him up for their first official date and the older boy was nowhere in sight and so far Gongchan hadn’t even received a text or phone call from the older male.

‘What if he forgot?’

Gongchan shook his head as that though once again penetrated his thoughts. No, Jinyoung couldn’t have forgotten their date. He had promised him that he was going to make their first date special and Jinyoung wasn’t know to break his promises. But then that left the younger with a more troubling question, if Jinyoung hadn’t forgotten then where was he?

‘What if he got into some sort of accident on his way here.’

Now that was an even more dreadful thought than the first. Gongchan would rather have Jinyoung forget about their date than receive a phone call about an injured Jinyoung.

‘But what if he….’

Before he could finish that thought Gongchan was brought out of his worry by his ringtone the cell phone flashing Jinyoung’s name brightly. With a sigh of relief Gongchan eagerly answered it.

“Jingyoung!”

 He heard a scuffle on the other end before a voice that definitely did not belong to his favorite hyung answered “Channie!”

Gongchan pulled the phone away from his ear just to make sure he had read the name right, “Sandeul hyung why are you calling me from Jinyoung’s phone?”

“Because he-”

There was suddenly a lot of noise coming from the other end, Gongchan pressed the phone closer to his ears trying to see if he could make out what was going on, Suddenly there was a yell from what sounded like Sandeul then he could hear someone running then something slamming shut.

Gongchan not knowing what was going on was about to end the call when he heard Jinyoung’s voice breathlessly calling out his name “Gongchan?”

“Hyung?”

He heard Jinyoung take a deep breath “Thank god you didn’t hang up yet.”

“Hyung, what is going on over there? And more importantly why aren’t you over here yet? You are almost an hour late!”

Jinyoung let out a groan “I know and I am so sorry but I’m on my way there and when I get there I’ll explain everything.”

Gongchan pouted “Fine.”

Not even about 10 minutes later he heard Jinyoung’s car pulling in his drive way. With a rushed goodbye to his mom who was giggling at his behavior every couple of minutes from the kitchen, Gongchan rushed out the door ready to yell some more at JInyoung but as he saw the older teen get out of his car Gongchan couldn’t help burst out into a fit of laughter at the poor state of Jinyoung’s hair.

“Oh my god hyung, what happened?”

Jinyoung groaned as he tried to flatten some of his hair that was sticking at up at all angles, he ducked his face in embarrassment of having to show up for his and Gongchan’s first date looking like his hair had a fight with itself.

“Its all Sandeul and Baro’s fault, they somehow found out that we had a date today and they wanted to help me out so I can look my best for you. I told them that it wasn’t necessary but you know how they are when they are together, so ofcourse they didn’t take no for an answer. Them helping me find an outfit was fine,”

Jinyoung pulled at his hair a bit in frustration and embarrassment “It was when they got to my hair that it all went downhill. I didn’t want them to touch it cause I know you like it the way it is already but before I knew it I was being restraint by Baro and Sandeul was going on about how he knew exactly what he was doing and well I barely got away before I ended up bald.”

Gongchan tried to cover up the new round of giggles that was bubbling in his throat as he watched Jinyoung try to control his hair to no success.

Jinyoung felt his cheeks heat up with embarrassment as he heard Gongchan’s laugh, he let his lips settle on a pout “I say we cancel the date today.”

That immediately got Gongchan to stop laughing “No! Why? I have been waiting forever for this date!”

“I don’t want to go anywhere with this hair, it’s embarrassing.”  

Gongchan ran and muzzled into Jinyoung’s neck “Hyung please, I was really was looking forward to today. I don’t care if your hair looks like there was a mini explosion on your head.”

“Channie, you’re not helping.”

Gongchan pouted before he had an idea, he let go of JInyoung “I think I know what to do.”

He quickly ran inside and up to his room before grabbing what he needed, when he got back outside he was met by the sight of Jinyoung trying his best to make his hair look decent by the help of his cars mirror.

Gongchan ran up to him and handed him the beanie he had grabbed. When Jinyoung saw it he smiled so wide his eyes turned into tiny crescents, “You are a freaking genius Channie!”

“I know, now can we please pretty please go?”

“Yeah come on.”

Once they both got in and Jinyoung was backing out to go to the street Gongchan asked the question he wanted to ask Jinyoung since he woke up that morning “So, where are we going?”

Jinyoung smiled “To a restaurant.”

“Which one?”

“A good one.”

Gongchan pouted at the vague answers “Hyung, I want to know.”

“Nope its going to be a surprise.”

“Fine.”

When Jinyoung finally stopped at their destination Gongchan could tell it was going to be expensive to dine there. “Hyung isn’t this place a bit too expensive?”

“Its fine Channie, just enjoy the meal and please don’t pick the cheapest thing on the menu, try to get something you like no matter the price.”

“But hyung,”

“Please Channie for me?”

Just one look at Jinyoung’s pleading eyes and his resolve broke down completely “Alright.”

They had gotten seated right away since the place wasn’t as packed as it usually was thankfully, the night was going good until the food had arrived, one bite and Gongchan wanted to throw it back into the plate. He glanced at Jinyoung and noticed that he was eating it just fine.

Gongchan cursed himself for getting a foreign soup that he hadn’t heard of let alone tasted it before, he tried as much as he might to swallow it down quickly but the soup just left the most awful taste in his mouth that he had to stop after about six spoonfuls.

Jinyoung saw the nauseated look on Gongchan’s face “You ok?”

“I’m fine.” Gongchan tried his best to keep his face from taking a sour look but apparently he failed as Jinyoung sighed aput his spoon down.

“You didn’t like the soup?”

“No, it’s delicious!”

“Gongchan.”

At the firm tone in Jinyoung’s voice Gongchan couldn’t look at him in his eat him in his eyes. So he settled his gaze on his fingers that where twisting nervously at not wanting to ruin their first date. “No really hyung the soup is fine.”

“Gong Chan Sik”

“Alright! This is a horrible soup! I don’t even know that food could taste this bad, and I think that I might throw up if another drop of it lands on my tongue.”

Instead of a disappointed sigh he expected from the older teen he got what sounded like a relived laugh. “Oh thank god, what I was eating was that good either.”

Gongchan sagged with relief “Really?”

Jinyoung nodded “Yeah and how about we go and get something good from one of those stands we always enjoy going to?”

“That sounds perfect right now.”

As quickly as they could they paid and went to their favorite stall and now that they had food that they actually liked they decided to sit down in a park bench and eat there. Gongchan hummed happily as the food now took away the nasty taste the soup had left behind. “Now this is much better.”

Jinyoung let out a laugh “Sorry about that, it’s just you said that you wanted our first date to be special so the first thing that came to my mind was a fancy restaurant.”

“Aw hyung, just us two going out is special enough and for the record on our future dates let’s stay away from anything with fancy in it.”

“Alright that sounds like a deal. Now come on I know you will want ice cream sooner or later so lets go get some now.”

At the mention of ice cream Gongchan immediately got up and started to pull on Jinyoung’s hand to get him up “Come on lets go lets go. Hurry.”

Jinyoung just smiled at how adorable and childish Gongchan got when face with ice cream “I’m going.”

To say the least this was everything and so much more than Gongchan ever thought his date with Jinyoung was going to be. In one word today was, perfect.

 

 

***Oh my god it has been freaking forever since I wrote something for this story! One freaking year you guys one freaking year since I have upated for this story omg I sincerely apologize to all those who have been waiting for the next chapter of this story.***