OUT OF REACH

Don't Fall in Love with Me!!!

 

 

CHAPTER 5

 

 

            The bell was ringing ~ in time ~ when Taeyeon stepped up into his class. He slammed his bag at the vacant seat, at the corner of class, second row from back and just jumped over a chair to reach her seat; which was at the wall side one. And of course, the empty chair beside him was provided for Yuri.

            A minute before Yuri came in, Taeyeon caught both Jessica and Tiffany entered the class and walked toward his direction. Taeyeon shook his head in disbelief and quickly grab some random book and pretended to read that when Tiffany was about to open up just to greet him. Jessica glared over the book and Taeyeon could felt it, but he still pretended to enjoy her book and remained calm.

            Jessica was releasing a very hard deep sigh on purpose, towed Tiffany to their seat, that absolutely, exactly behind Taeyeon and Yuri’s seat.

            Yuri was coming, accompanied by the teacher ~ Mrs. Park, a math teacher. He gave a charming smile to the class. Taeyeon only could scratch his un-itchy head as he was too often to see that feature ~ a scene that could make many girls just going crazy and falling into him. And as Taeyeon expected, the atmosphere just was changing in a moment. The girls seemed excited and couldn’t conceal their exultation to welcome the new guy.

            Both Jessica and Tiffany were popping up their eyes in surprise.

            “Is- is it really him?” Jessica asked.

            “Yeah, seems so,” Tiffany smiled. “Congratulations, Sica~Baby; your wish was granted!” Tiffany teased and earned a pinch from her best friend.

            “Annyeonghaseyo, Kwon Yuri imnida. Minguge wasseumnida,” he said and paused for a moment ~ his typical habit. Taeyeon shook his head again.

            “Wow… cool… He’s from States!” some pupils were whispering.

            Jessica was elbowing Tiffany.

            “Look how charming he’s. I wonder, does he really have a blood linkage with this one?” Jessica pointed out the guy who seat in front of her. Tiffany was glaring at Jessica ~ only fake glaring of course, as she afraid Taeyeon could hear that and it’s succeed to make Jessica hushed.

            Mrs. Park released a cough as she saw the pupil just being more and more noisy and it wasn’t good at all as she planned to give trigonometry test to them as an appetizer in this beautiful morning. TRIGONOMETRY needs high concentration, rite?

            “Go find your seat and let’s start the lesson!” Mrs. Park asked.

            Yuri bowed and smiled coolly while walking toward his seat. He shoved the chair and sat down here.

            “How’s my introduction?” he teased Taeyeon.

            “Boring as usual,” Taeyeon replied nonchalantly. Yuri was giggling heard it.

            But as he remembered he caught both familiar faces behind his seat when he was walking toward his seat, he quickly tilted his head and released a friendly smile toward them.

            “Hi, we meet again, eh?” he greeted.

            Before both of girls got a chance to reply, Mrs. Park’s voice was echoing at the room.

            “You can use break time for getting knows each other, guys!” she glared toward them. “Now it’s time to test!”

            Suddenly the noisy was emerging again. Test?

            “Calm, guys! It’s just a little pre-test! I’ve announced you to prepare yourself, rite? I believe some of you had already well-prepared,” she smirked satisfyingly.

            Taeyeon just yawned when he witnessed the whole scene. Yuri smacked his back.

            “Oh come on man! It will be fun! We love it, rite?”

            Jessica and Tiffany were exchanging glance.

            “Have you already prepared yourself for this?” Tiffany asked Jessica.

            “Are you kidding me? Where were us last night, huh?” Jessica shook her head.

            “Argghhhh… stresss!” she groaned in frustration.

            “So, we’re dead then,” Tiffany mumbled in her desperation as well.

            Mrs. Park took a felt-tip marker and began to write down something at the white board. The pupil just witnessed it with bleak and hopeless expression, including Tiffany and Jessica.

            Suddenly, Yuri felt Tiffany tapped him. He was angling his head a little since he was afraid the fierce teacher will shout at him again.

            “Yes, Tiff?” he whispered.

            “Yuri… Would you mind to change your seat with me?”

            “Uhm… w-why?”

            “You’re too tall for me,” Tiffany blushed when said that. “I-I can’t see clearly…”

            Yuri quickly nodded his head, ignoring Taeyeon who was almost to prevent him. He smirked, got out from his chair by bent down, and invited Tiffany to occupy his seat in flash speed; then he took a seat behind the blonde one. Jessica who still shocked with the exchange looked dumbfounded when Yuri was getting approach to her.

            “Hi,” Yuri said while looking at her. “I hope you don’t mind I sit here,” he smiled and then just looked at the whiteboard again.

            Taeyeon was only silent when Tiffany sat behind him. He pretended to focus on the whiteboard while writing.

            “I hope you’re okay with me,” she whispered.

            “Mmmm,” Taeyeon mumbled, as he assented with her. But abruptly his eyes were getting brighter, as he saw what’s written on the whiteboard. Actually, he was really fond with math, physic, and chemistry and somehow it rose up his enthusiasm. Tiffany caught his expression change and still tried to reason it out when she heard Taeyeon mumbled something and drew in the air using his index fingers, like calculating or something.

            “I will give you the example first,” Mrs. Park said while turned around as she finished question number one; however she didn’t finish his sentence as she caught Taeyeon mumbled something.

            “Kim Tae Yeon?” she called. “Is there anything you want to say?”

            All of the sights in the class now were focusing at him. Taeyeon was gulping as he really hated to be center of attraction. He shook his head but seemed the teacher won’t let him go that easy.

            “I heard you mumbling something,” she said. “Are you getting bored with my lesson or else?”

            Tiffany was frowning and shaking her head, as she knew it was un-make sense. She felt sorry for the boy beside her but she couldn’t do anything to help him.

            “No, Mrs. Park,” finally Taeyeon replied. “I just figured it out,” Taeyeon said coolly.

            Now most the pupils and Mrs. Park almost dropped their jaw open, as it was really difficult question and she never taught it yet before. Yuri was the only one who tried his best to hold his giggle.

            It was a kind of “PROVE IT!” trigonometry question.

Prove that 16 cos5x = 10 cos x + 5 cos 3x + cos 5x

 

            Finally, for the first time in this morning, Taeyeon released a sentence toward Tiffany.

            “Excuse me,” he said. “Would you give me a way?”

            “Uh~yeah,” Tiffany quickly stood up and let Taeyeon passed over her.

            Taeyeon walked calmly and took the marker, then began to write down on the board; while all of the living creatures at that class were mesmerized by his action, including Mrs. Park.

16 cos5x                    = 10 cos x + 5 cos 3x + cos 5x

16 cos5x                    = 16 . cos2x . cos2x . cos x

                                    = 16 . . . cos x

                                    = 4 cos x ( 1 + 2 cos 2x + cos2 2x)

                                    = 4 cos x + 8 cos 2x cos x + 4 cos x .

                                    = 4 cos x + 4 . 2. cos 2x. cos x + 2 cos x + 2 cos x cos 4x

                                    = 6 cos x = 4 ( cos 3x + cos x ) + cos 3x . cos 3x

                                    = 10 cos x = 5 cos 3x + cos 5 x (PROVEN)

            Then Taeyeon just turned around and walked back toward his seat; all of the pupils and Mrs. Park were still look mystified with the latest scene. But it didn’t take too long, the clapping sounds were heard, fulfill the class and the students seemed satisfied as Taeyeon finally could sealed the killer teacher mouth.

            “Uhm,” Mrs. Kim released a fake cough. “Good job,” she said briefly, still tried to hide her shame as she was the one who begin to mess up with Taeyeon.

            “Okay, let’s us start the real test,” she said with dreadful voice then began to distribute the papers. The student became sighed and shook their head hopelessly again, unless both MIT graduated guys of course.

            Twenty minutes was passed.

            Tiffany was massaging his head as she really couldn’t figure it out at all. Her paper was still remaining blank.

            Jessica was leaning her chin on one of her hand, while the other hand was spinning around her pen. Same with her best friend, her paper was still empty; unless in the corner of the paper, where she put his name and absent number. But suddenly her attention was shifted into the one who was beside him.

            WHAT THE HELL HE’S DOING? HE’S SLEEPING???

            “Fifteen minutes left!” Mrs. Kim announced.

            Jessica patted Yuri and whispered him to wake up.

            “Yul! Wake up!”

            But Yuri just didn’t give any reaction. Getting annoyance, Jessica kicked Yuri’s leg hard and it just succeeds to make him groaned and woke up from his slumber.

            “Are you losing your mind? It’s 15 minutes left,” Jessica warned him.

            Yuri with his sleepy-eyes shook his head and just sliding his paper toward Jessica.

            “I already done,” he mumbled and then slumbered again.

            Jessica was bugging out and shock for a moment; but the next moment, she had her consciousness again and hurriedly copy Yuri’s answer.

There’s no time for being shock, Sica!!! – Jessica POV –

            Taeyeon caught the beautiful girl who was beside her was in the edge of her crying and it really melted his heart. He shook his head in frustration and finally nudged Tiffany carefully. Tiffany was tilting her head with puzzled look.

            “Copy it!” Taeyeon mouthed to her and handed his paper.

            “Quickly!” he mouthed again and Tiffany just grabbed it and already done within less than 15 seconds.

            “TIME’S UP!” Mrs. Park announced again. “Return your paper now!”

            By that, all of the pupils released any groaned ~ frustration, annoyance, anger, panic, etc, unless the four of corner residents for sure.

 

 

 

            The bell rang, indicating the class was over.

            Taeyeon walked outside while half-dragging his bag, side by side with Yuri.

            “Great day, huh?” Yuri asked him.

            “Not too bad,” Taeyeon smirked. “I miss math a lot,” he smiled.

            But suddenly, a familiar husky voice called him from behind, made both of boys stopped their steps.

            “Tae! Wait!” Tiffany was running toward him.

            “Ne?” Taeyeon asked.

            “Is it still available?” Tiffany managed to ask, between her unstable breathing, as she had already run to chase up Taeyeon.

            “Mwo?” Taeyeon asked confusingly.

            “Your offer,” Tiffany smiled. “You said you will pay back me. Is it still available?” Tiffany widened her smile.

            “Uhhh,” Taeyeon was stuttering, then he could manage himself again.

            “Yeah, of course. I never break my words,” he stated.

            “So, I guess, it’s the right time to pay it then,” Tiffany released an enigma smile.

            “What’s it?”

            Tiffany showed her bright eyesmile for a moment before she answered Taeyeon.

 

 

 

To be continued