THE REASON

Don't Fall in Love with Me!!!

 

CHAPTER 4

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s Point of View

            I looked into the mirror and washed my face with the water; and let the water soaked into the sink for a moment before I turned the faucet off. The handprint was still barely seen on my right cheek, but I knew I deserved it. I was deep-sighing and rubbing it few times while musing with the whole scene happened. It were all my fault; just leaving without any explanation; however I thought it was the best way to restrict myself in order not to build more interaction with her. She must be hate me and I hope it would be a strong enough reason for not being nice to me anymore.

            I looked into the mirror again when I heard steps sound was coming to me. I caught Yuri was standing behind me with impassive expression on his face.

            “You shouldn’t just left like that,” he said to me.

             “You don’t have any idea,” I replied briefly.

            “She’s a good girl,” Yuri said again. “The way you treated her ~ was improper at all,” he stated. I glanced at him for a while.

            “Listen to me, Yul,” I said. “I won’t let anyone come into my life. You should know that. This is who I am,” I stated firmly.

            “Who talk about allowing someone into your life, dude?” he raised one of his eyebrows, released a pathetic laugh.

            “Just be nice to her. Is that difficult?”

            I was remaining silent for a moment. For me, yes, it was difficult. Because I got the feeling, if I open my heart and give us a chance ~ yeah, I will only drag her into a big trouble, and I don’t want it happen.

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

            I looked at both angry-Jessica and dumbfounded-Tiffany with my impassive face as I didn’t want them read anything on my face.

            “Sorry,” It was the only word I could release.

            “Sica…,” I heard Tiffany called her best friend name, and I also saw Tiffany grasped Jessica’s hand in order to prevent her gave me another slap; though actually I didn’t mind if she rewarded me with another one ~ as I knew I was proper to get it.

            “You’re right,” finally I said, still gazing at them.

            “I shouldn’t just left like this,” I continued, still with my undetected expression face.

            “I owe you, Tiffany,” I stated. “And I’ll surely pay back later,” I stated again, in a very firm tone.

            Both Jessica and Tiffany looked surprise with what I was saying.

            “Uhm.. No.. It’s ok…,” Tiffany opened up but I quickly cut off her sentence.

            “No, it’s not ok if I don’t pay back,” I said. “I wasn’t used to owe to anybody,” I stated again. And I just bow a little before turning around and left them.

            “Um, sorry, I hope you understand,” I heard Yuri said behind my back.

            “What did you s…,” I heard Jessica was about to repeat Yuri’s apologetic words but it was cut off by Tiffany. “Ssssh… Sica… Cool down, please.”

            I heard Yuri said again; and I imagined he was smiling wryly.

            “Um, yeah, it’s very nice to meet you, girls. I hope next time when we meet again, we make a good impression in front of you.”

            I was snorting. Look at him! He was very calm and gentleman and knew well how to treat the girls. I shook my head in disbelief.

            “Come on, Yul!” I gave him a cue with impatient tone and he just followed me behind.

 

 

            “Why don’t you answer my question?” Yuri asked again, scattering my muse.

            “Yes,” finally I nodded my head. “It’s difficult for me. Satisfy?” I looked at him through the mirror. He looked bewildered with my enigma answer.

            He shook his head in disbelief and patted my shoulder.

            “Are you…,” he said carefully. “… falling in love with her?” he continued and it made me gulped.

            “You knew it’s forbidden,” I answer briefly, struggled to keep my voice firm and put impassive expression on my face. But of course it doesn’t work for Yuri; even elementary student wouldn’t buy my lie.

            “Okay,” he smirked. “I change my question,” he still smirked ~ in his victory.

            “Do you think you’re gonna fall in love with her if you don’t restrict yourself in that such way?”

            I just remaining silent, as I know, Yuri didn’t need my words. He already got the answer he wanted to know ~ by just reading my expression.

 

 

Jessica’s Point of View

            “Sica~aaa,” Tiffany called my name with sad expression. I shook her head as I really didn’t have any idea about her this time.

            “You should be thankful to me,” I grumped and rolled my eyes. She held my hand and intertwined her fingers with me.

            “I thought it… too much… You slapped him in front of many people,” Tiffany said again. I glared at her. She looked down, didn’t dare to look at me. Somehow my heart was melting when I saw this kind of side of my silly friend.

            I lift her head to face my by her chin carefully.

            “It’s not too much, Fani~aaa,” I lowered my tone. “I just give him a little lesson. And moreover… don’t you feel offended or else by his action?” I asked her wonderingly.

            Tiffany was snorting. I knew she was confusing.

            “I lie if I say no,” she said carefully. “But somehow, I just couldn’t hate him. I still want to make a good relationship with him ~ at least as a good friend,” she said bluntly.

            I stretched my arm and reached her into my hug; let her leaned her head on my chest while I keep her back part of her head.

            “You’re not desperate, are you?” I half teased; as I know she was perhaps at her edge of desperate.

            She smiled; but I knew it was only forced smile, as this time her eyes wasn’t smile along with her lips.

            “I don’t have any idea yet,” she replied me. “Just pray for me then,” she continued; her faked smile gradually was faded away, turning into the real one when she said the last sentence. I knew, she wasn’t that weak or vulnerable.

            “I was still unable to make sense of it, Fani~aaa,” I admitted.

            Tiffany widened her smile.

            “Don’t you get it? He really meant it when he said sorry after you snapped him?”

            I shrugged my shoulders since I knew she would always justify his action.

            “It would be more make-sense to me if you were attracted by Yuri, not him,” I said again.

            “Ah come on,” Tiffany teased. “I’m questioning you back,” she smirked.

            “How could I was attracted to someone that I never met before?”

Crap! Dead me! ~ I spat myself.

            Tiffany was giggling at me. She released a “gotcha” gaze to me. For a moment I felt my cheek was getting redden than usual.

            “Moreover, I won’t be your competitor. He’s totally yours,” she said and made word “YOURS” being dramatic.

            I pretended to snap her, just to get rid of my embarrassment.

            “Uhm,” I faked a cough. “W-what are you talking about?” I pretended to be annoyed. “It’s you; the topic is you, we’re talking about you and why you return to put me as the topic?”

            She didn’t answer and just pinched my blushing cheek instead.

            “Sica~aaaa,” she said with aegyeo. “We knew well each other, since we’re at kindergarten. We share everything and do you think we would buy lie we create each other?”

            We both burst into laugh when we realized that we just wasted our time by building a silly conversation.

            “Sica~aaa, do my favor, please?” she persuaded my with her aegyeo again; impossible to resist. I shook my head when I knew it will end up with her victory.

            “Try to be nice to him; at least don’t give him your cold shoulder,” she asked me.

            I shrugged my shoulder, pretended to act nonchalant.

            “What’s the compensation?” I asked her and raised my chin a little.

            She rewarded me a peck on my forehead, but unfortunately it didn’t work for me. I still acted cool.

            “Fail,” I mocked her. “It’s bothersome,” I said again.

            She was widening her smile, seemed wouldn’t give up.

            “I will help you with all of my might to get closer with Yuri,” he smirked. “Interesting?” she raised her eyebrow while looking at me.

            “Um..uh,” I just couldn’t replied her.

            And I knew she took it as “yes”.

            I was shaking her head; disbelief.

            First, I’ve never been able to refuse her.

            And second.

            This is my first time, I… I think I’m fall in love.

 

 

to be continued

 

Do you like it?

Drop some comment, guys.

Don't hesitate to share your ideas.

Thank you :)