Chapter 7

Never Say Goodbye

Hi guys! I'm super sorry for making you guys wait a month. xP I've been super busy and when I finally made time to write, I couldn't write for some reason....Dx....Anyhoo...after several days of pushing myself.. I was able to come up with another chapter. Unfortunately its super boring. I hope you guys will continue to support me! ^____^

- - - - -

Chapter Seven

Ring. Ring. Ring. Seohyun fumbled around her nightstand trying to feel for her cellphone. Still feeling grodgy from her nap, she accidentally knocked it onto the floor. As soon as picked it up and saw the caller, she annoyingly answered, "Kwonnie! What do you want?!"

"Why are you so grumpy?"

"Why are you calling me at this time? You know I always take a nap!"

"Aish, you sleep too much anyways."

"Whatever, you owe me a trip to the ice cream parlor now."

Jo Kwon let out a chuckle, "All right. But hey, I actually called about something serious."

"What is it?"

"You know how you introduced me to your friend a couple months ago when I ran into you guys at the mall?"

"Yeah, Yoona."

"Well, I'm at work and some guy just came rushing into the hospital carrying a girl in really bad shape. I think it's Yoona."

"What?!" Seohyun exclaimed as she jolted up from her bed. "Is she okay?!"

"Seeing how I only work the front desk, I don't really know."

"I'll be there immediately!"

- - - - -

Seohyun burst into Yoona's hospital room, "Oh my gosh! Are you okay?!"

She found herself standing in a dimly lit room. Yoona was bruised and beatened, lying on the hospital bed with an IV in her arm. Seohyun gasped after seeing Yoona in such a state. She then noticed a guy sitting in the chair next to Yoona's bed. It was Taecyeon. He had fallen asleep and Seohyun's sudden outburst startled him.

"What the heck are you doing here?!" she said as she gave him a death glare.

He was a bit taken back by her sudden arrival, "I-, I-"

"Did you do this to her?! What did she ever do to you?" Seohyun screamed as she began to hit him with her purse. Using both arms, Taec shielded himself. After a few moments, he held her arms against her sides to stop the relentless beating.

"I didn't do this! Why would you even think that?"

Seohyun shook his grip off of her and snidely retorted, "well, you're always getting into fights and causing trouble at school. It's not really hard to imagine."

Taking a couple steps back, Taec shamefully stared at the floor. "Even if I didn't do this to her, she did get hurt because of me. So, this is my fault."

"What happened?" Seohyun questioned.

"Some guys were trying to get back at me and thought that Yoona was my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend? Oh crap! That reminds me, I should inform Yoona's boyfriend and parents! They're-"

Before Seohyun could continue, Taec interrupted her. "Wait! No! Don't! I don't want to make them worry about her."

"But they'll be worried if she doesn't come home tonight!"

"Can you call them and tell them she spent the night at your place or something?"

"I mean, I guess I could. I wouldn't want her parents worrying either." Seohyun reluctantly replied. "But, what if something happens to her?"

"Don't worry. The doctor said that she had a little concussion and some minors cuts and bruises, but she would be fine. And I'll keep an eye on her."

"All right. I'm trusting you to take care of my best friend."

Seohyun stepped outside to call Yoona's parents. Taec sat back down in the seat beside Yoona's bed. As he stared at her helpless body, he couldn't stop the guilt from eating at his insides. It was his fault that this happened to Yoona. After a few moments, Seohyun came back into the room and took a seat in one of the other available chairs. They didn't speak to one another. The heart monitor was the only sound that echoed throughout the room. After a couple of hours, Seohyun went home while Taec stayed behind to keep an eye on Yoona. He stayed beside her bed the entire night.

-----

Yoona slowly opened her eyes. Squinting, blinking, and trying to focus her blurry vision, she took in the strange surrounding. After she could see clearly, Yoona sat forward, confused about what she was doing in a hospital room. While trying to look around, she felt a kink in her neck and let out a little yelp. She began rubbbing it, hoping to massage the pain away. Yoona then noticed Taecyeon fidgeting in the chair beside her bed. Her cry must have woken him up. When Taec realized that Yoona was awake, he stood up and stepped closer to her bed.

"How are you feeling?"

"Umm, I've definitely been better," Yoona smiled.

Taec just stared at her with concerning eyes. He still felt responsible for what happened to her. "I'm sorry about what happened."

"Huh? Oh. Well, you should be!" She said with a smirk. "What did I ever do to you?"

"I'm sorry."

"Pabo! I'm just kidding. Even if it was because of you, you're not the one that hurt me. Don't blame yourself."

"I'm still sorry though."

"Aish, if you say you're sorry one more time, I'm going to have to beat you up."

Taec gave her a little smile. "I think you should just worry about getting better. You don't want your parents worrying about you."

Yoona gasped. "Oh no! My parents are going to kill me! They must be wondering where I'm at! How long have I been here?!

She started to shuffle out of bed, but Taec stopped her.

"Calm down! I asked-" Taec started but was interrupted by Seohyun's sudden entrance into the room.

"Oh, unnie! You're awake!" Seohyun said with a grin. "I'm so glad you're okay. I was so worried."

Seoyhyn paused and stared at the two with a confused expression on her face. Taecyeon realized that she must have assumed something from the way he and Yoona were positioned. Yoona was sitting at the edge or her bed while Taec was leaning over her with his hands on her shoulder.

"It's not what you think!" Taec exclaimed as he took a couple steps back.

Yoona became flustered when she realized what Seohyun had probably presumed to be going on. "Seriously. It's not! I was fixing to leave because my parents are probably going to kill me for not coming home! WAIT! How did you know I was at the hospital Seoyhun? Did Taecyeon call you?"

"No. You remember Jo Kwon, right? Well, he works here and told me. And you don't have to worry about your parents. I told them you were spending the night at my place for a couple days because we were working on a school project. I also picked up your school work from the past couple of days. You don't have to worry about a thing." Seoyhun said with a smile.

"Oh my gosh. I really owe you one. Thank you so much. You're just too amazing!" Yoona eyes arched into little crescents on her face as her smile stretched from cheek to cheek.

- - - - -

Yoona was back to work at the noodle shop within a few days. When her parents asked where all her scrapes came from, she lied and said she fell at Seohyun's house. She was still a little sore, but nothing too serious that it would prevent her from working. She didn't want her parents to question her about the incident so she acted as normal as possible.

When Yoona finished clearing the table, she wiped her forehead and sat down at a table near the cash register. She was tired. When she saw a hand waving in the air trying to get her attention, she took a deep breath and immediately rushed to their table. She bowed and said, "I'm sorry for making you wait. What can I do for you?"

"Do you remember me?"

Yoona looked up to be greeted with a familiar face. "Ajumma! How are you and what are you doing here?

The lady laughed. "You can call me Wonhee or Auntie, whichever you prefer. I'm good and I've actually been coming here ever since you retrieved my stolen purse."

"Oh really? I apologize for not greeting you sooner. And I don't mean to be rude, my mind has just been preoccupied with school and whatnot."

"No worries. I've just been so thankful for what you did. Everytime I've been in here, I can see that you help your parents out a lot. And you're so sweet to the customers and such a hardworker."

Yoona smiled at Wonhee. "It's nothing really."

"I would be so happy if I had a daughter like you! But, unfortunately, I'm unable to have children," Wonhee suddenly gasped as she delighted in her unexpected idea. "I know you already have your real parents, but I would love for you to be my 'adoptive' daughter!"

"Bwoh? Adoptive daughter?"

"Yes! You can still call me Auntie. I just want you to know that you can come to me for anything. We can also do different activities together, like shopping!"

"Really? I don't know if I'm comfortable with that. I don't know Auntie that well yet, so I'd feel like I'm a burden."

"No, please don't think that. I'm just really grateful for what you've done. I mean, I don't have any kids, treating you to things would be my pleasure."

"I'm sorry. I still can't accept your proposal," replied Yoona as she bowed to Wonhee.

"It's fine, sweetie. Don't worry about it."

"I must get back to work now. Please excuse me."

Wonhee smiled and nodded at Yoona. "I have to get going now, too. I'll see you later, sweetie."

- - - - -

C/C please!
BTW...just wanted to say thank you for reading! ^____^ I really appreciate it!