Chapter 2

Never Say Goodbye

Here's the next chapter.

-----

Chapter 2

As summer gave way to autumn’s breeze, everything returned to the way it was. Approximately a month had passed, and Yoona continued to work at the family noodle shop while visiting Nickhun every other day. Another school year was approaching and not even the city seemed ready. Yoona was at Nickhun’s new apartment helping him move in. Getting to it was much further than his old house, but the new environment would help him readjust. Yoona didn’t mind the extra forty minute bus ride as long as she could see him.

“Oppa, where do you want me to put the cups?” Yoona said as she was pulling them out of the box.

“Aish. You know I don’t care. You can put them wherever you want,” Nickhun chuckled as he was positioning the coffee table in front of the sofa.

“All right. In the fridge it is,” Yoona teased as her crocodile laugh echoed into the streets.

“Yoona-ah!” Nickhun whined. “You know that’s not what I meant.”

“I know, Oppa. I was just teasing you. That ought to teach you not to be so easy going,” she replied as she stuck her tongue out at him.

She began to stack the cups into the cupboards when Nickhun picked her up from behind and carried her into the living room.

“Oppa! Let me down!” Yoona screamed as Nickhun began spinning her around.

“I’m not so easy going now, am I?” Nickhun laughed.

“Oppa! Put me down before we break something!” Yoona cried.

“Fine. Only because I don’t want the neighbors to think I’m some psycho serial killer with all this screaming you’re doing,” Nickhun laughed as he reluctantly put Yoona on the sofa.

“You don’t have to worry about me, Oppa. I’m sure your neighbors already think you’re crazy,” Yoona responded with another crocodile laugh. Before she could even finish laughing, Nick sent her on another uproar when he began tickling her.

- - - - -

Yoona was bringing out bowls of noodles to a couple of customers when she noticed a guy parking his motorcycle directly in the path of the front doors to the restaurant. As he walked into the shop, all she could think of was what kind of jerk parks their motorcycle directly in front of the doors. Who does this guy think he is? Sidewalks are for walking not parking!

“Yah! You have to move your vehicle!” Yoona said with much annoyance to the man as he was taking a seat.

The guy ignored her remarks and went about ordering a bowl of noodles. This aggravated Yoona even more. Had it not been for her mother telling her to forget about it and just serve him, Yoona probably would’ve literally kicked him out. As she unpleasantly placed the bowl on his table, she noticed that he was oblivious to her. He seemed preoccupied with other matters. He quickly ate and left some money on the table. Yoona was puzzled by his behavior but didn’t put further thought into it.

- - - - -

Yoona was racing towards the school gates with all her might. She had stopped by the restaurant that morning to help her mom open because her dad was sick. It was the first day of her 12th year, and she didn’t want to be late. As soon as she made it through the gates, she immediately checked her watch to see how much time she had left. Two minutes. Instead of feeling relief, all Yoona could feel was the burning sensations emerging from her legs. Bent forward rubbing her calves, she started heading towards the building when something swiftly caught her school bag. All that could be seen was the panic in Yoona’s eyes as she watched her books scatter across the schoolyard.

“NO!” Yoona screamed in frustration.

As she began to quickly gather her belongings, she looked up to see who could have caused her such chaos this early in the morning. To her dismay it was HIM. It was the guy who parked his motorcycle in front of the shop. His bike had caught onto her bag as he zoomed into the school's courtyard. As much as she wanted to go off on a tirade to this guy, she felt it was best to stay calm and let it go. She didn’t want to cause any trouble. She had one more year left and didn’t want to start it off with drama. Yoona stood up and took a deep breath in order to stay calm when the piercing sounds of the school bell came out of the blue and startled her. She made a mad dash for homeroom. The moment she slid the doors open her homeroom teacher's voice echoed into the hallway.

"You're late!" said Yoona's homeroom teacher Park Jun Jin.

"I'm so sorry, sir" replied Yoona as she bowed over and over again. "It won't happen again."

"The two of you will be paired up for the final service project," stated Park Jun Jin-Sonsaengnim. "I've already paired up the rest of the class."

Yoona looked at her teacher in confusion. "The two of us?"

She suddenly felt the presence of a beast hovering over her. She turned around only to find her perpetrator standing behind her. Of all the people in the world, why did it have to be him? Yoona just rolled her eyes in frustration as she headed to her seat next to Seohyun.

"Ok Taecyeon is a new student here. I hope you all will make him feel welcomed," stated Junjin-Sonsaengnim.

"Yes, sir," replied the class in unison.

Taecyeon bowed and walked to the back of the classroom in a smooth stride and had a seat in the corner by himself. He just leaned back and crossed his arms across his chest in a cool fashion as he stared at the rest of the class. Several classmates began to gossip about his background and what rumors they may have heard while other girls began to spaz about how handsome and hot his bad boy image was. The only thing Yoona could think of was how annoying he was.

"Ok Taecyeon. So that's his name," Yoona mumbled to herself.

"Is everything okay, unnie? Why were you late today?" Seohyun asked when she noticed that something was bothering Yoona.

"I'll tell you at lunch." Yoona whispered to Seohyun.

- - - - -

"OMG! I would be so mad if I were you," exclaimed Seohyun after Yoona filled her in on her aggravating experience.

"Ugh. I just want this year to be over with already. I can't wait to join Nickhun-oppa at the university." Yoona said as she let out an exasperated sigh.

"So how is Nickhun-oppa?" asked Seohyun. "Do you visit him often?"

"He's been good. He starts university next week. I'm so proud of him for deciding to go to college." Yoona replied with a satisfied grin. "He recently got a job which means I don't get to see him as often as I would like, but I still make sure I visit at least once or twice a week."

“Oh, what kind of job? I really can’t imagine him working,” Seohyun skeptically stated to Yoona.

“Well now that he’s living on his own, his aunt wanted him to be able to support himself, so she got him a job at the hospital. I don’t think it’s anything too difficult.”

Suddenly, half of the cafeteria bolted to the windows. Just like everyone else, Yoona and Seohyun let curiosity guide them towards the crowd. A fight had broken out in the courtyard. Three guys were ganging up on another student. Yoona noticed that the other student was Taecyeon. What was this guy's problem? Why was he always causing trouble? The fight was over before they even knew it. Taecyeon had already knocked out all three guys and the four of them were being dragged to the office by the supervising teachers.

- - - - -

The first day of school was officially over and Yoona was making her way to the bus stop. She was heading to work like any other day. As she was swaying with the motions of the public service vehicle, all she could think about was how happy she was because she would be visiting Nickhun tomorrow. After getting off the bus, Yoona headed to her family restaurant. Her good mood was broken by a scream. Following the scream down the street, she found a man snatching a lady’s purse and proceeding to run in her direction. As he ran passed her, Yoona realized that it was Taecyeon! Unexpectedly, Yoona decided to chase after him. After chasing him across the street and down the block, she followed him down an alley. The moment she turned the corner she spotted him leaning over and panting.

“YAH! What the heck is your problem?! Yoona shouted as she approached him. “Why are you stealing from an ajumma?!”

“This is none of your business!” Taec said sternly. “You shouldn’t even be here.”

“Well, I’m not leaving until you return ajumma’s purse.” Yoona demanded persistently.

Suddenly a group of five or six men appeared behind Yoona. Two of them had bats in their hands while another three had metal pipes. They started closing in on Yoona and Taecyeon.

“Ok Taecyeon! You bastard! You didn’t think you could get away with it did ya?" shouted what appeared to be the leader.

-----
Comments and Criticisms please! =]