Chapter 5

Never Say Goodbye

Hey guys. I apologize for making you wait so long. =] But I hope you enjoy this chapter!

- - - - -

Chapter Five

Taecyeon slightly pushed his left jacket sleeve up to look at his watch. The sky was filled with streaks of red and orange as the sun was disappearing in the horizon. It was getting late. He cautiously looked around to ensure no one was in the proximity as he entered a small convenient store. His eyes skimmed the area to make sure all the customers were gone. He approached the old man behind the counter and slammed both hands down against the hard surface. "Pay Up!"

The old man jumped as he pleaded for Taec to forgive him. "Please, I promise I'll get the money to you as soon as possible! I have a family to support! This store is very small and I'm barely getting by."

Taec snapped at that man, "We're not some charity that gives free handouts!"

As he stepped back and pulled out a bat, he caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of his eyes. During this time the old man ran out from behind the counter and plunged himself onto the floor with his arms wrapped around Taec's left leg. He repeatedly begged for Taec to have mercy on him. Becoming more irritated by the man’s actions, Taec shouted, "Aish! Get off of me!"

Taec took the bat and in one swift motion, he swung it against the candy rack. As the pieces flew into the air and scattered across the floor, he dropped the bat, kicked the old man off of him, and walked out of the store. Before he even made it a couple of blocks down the street, five guys approached him. They were the same guys from the purse stealing incident. The guys stood in a fashion that blocked off Taec's path. Ignoring them, Taec walked pass TOP, who was standing in the middle, bumping his shoulders.

"Yah! Who do you think you are?!" said TOP as he grabbed Taec's right shoulder and turned him around. "Don't think that just because the boss is going easy on you that you can change the way things are done around here!"

Before Taec could retort a reply, his face was greeted by a stinging sensation brought about by a fist plummeting into it from the left. "You better quit that soft !"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Taec exclaimed as he pushed TOP, causing him to fall back into his men. TOP became furious in a matter of seconds. One of TOP's guys noticed people walking their way in the distance. Before a fight could break out, one of the other guys pressed his hand against TOP's chest and said, "Hyung, just forget about it. People are coming our way. We don't want to cause a scene."

TOP straightened himself out and glared at Taec. "Don't think this is over! Nobody messes with me and gets away with it!"

With that said, the group of guys turned and walked the other way. Taec wasn't really bothered by their threats because he didn't even know why they were making such a big deal out of everything. He hasn't done anything to them. It may just be the fact that TOP felt threatened by his presence as the new guy. But none of this interested Taec. He could care less about all the shady business that went on. Taec began to rub his cheek hoping the soreness would fade. Letting out an exasperated sigh, he headed home.

- - - - -

School was quite dull. Yoona didn't mind, as long as she was going by unnoticed, she wouldn't be bothered. As much as Yoona tried to tell herself otherwise, she had this secret desire to make her relationship with Taecyeon better. Bothered by the fact that whenever they did speak, it was only to exchange snide remarks at one another, she was determined to make a change.

As Yoona and Seohyun sat in the cafeteria having lunch, Yoona’s thoughts were preoccupied with the piece of jewelry hanging around her neck. Constantly looking at the constellation etched into the silver pendant on her necklace, she smiled thinking about the story linked to it.

"What are you all happy about?" Seohyun asked.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about Nickhun."

"When aren't you thinking about him?"

"Hey, don't be hating." Yoona said as she stuck her tongue out at Seoyhun.

"Man," Seohyun let out a sigh and then began to whine, "when will I find a guy that treats me as good as Nickhun treats you. Unnie, you're so lucky!"

"I'm sure your knight in shining armor will come."

"Yeah, but this whole business of waiting for my prince to come rescue me is quite tiresome. Did he get lost on the way or something?!"

Yoona busted up laughing at Seohyun's unexpected remark. "You're such a dork!"

"I'm just saying. What's taking him so long? I don't want to be some old hag by the time he gets here, but at this rate it's probably inevitable!"

Yoona couldn't stop laughing. She really didn't expect Seohyun to be so anxious to have a boyfriend. She then suggested, "How about I help find you a boyfriend?"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"All right, you said it. Don't swallow your words now. I expect a boyfriend by Christmas."

"Dang, you're so eager. xD"

"Don't judge me!" Seohyun retorted.

"I'm not judging you. We'll get you a boyfriend by Christmas. HWAITING!"

- - - - -

Yoona stepped off the bus and took a deep breath. It was refreshing. Today was quite pleasant. Yoona looked up at the clear blue sky, so vast, so open. She smiled as she headed to work. The streets were bustling with people and cars as everyone was rushing to get things done. Yoona’s mind became replaced with thoughts of how nice it would be if everyone took the time to relax and appreciate what's around them. Yoona was a couple blocks away from the restaurant when she suddenly felt as if she was being followed. Although her mind was scattered and she was freaking out, she tried her best to keep her strides normal and pretend nothing was wrong. As she continued walking, she slightly turned her head back only to confirm her suspicions. It was TOP and his guys. The moment she saw them, they were aware of being caught and began to charge at her. Yoona panicked and began running away from them as fast as she could. At first she thought about going straight to work, but then she really didn't want to get her family involved so she skipped over the restaurant completely and continued her sprint. While running, she tried to knock as many things over to slow the guys down, but no matter how much effort she put into hurling things at them, she just couldn't shake them from her trail. Heart racing and legs aching, she was tempted to give up but she fought on. Yoona eventually reached an abandoned warehouse. As she raced to the backside of the warehouse, her eyes shot around the open area looking for an exit. To her dismay, there weren't any that were easily reachable.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Yoona cried in frustration.

- - - - -

Taecyeon was doing his rounds when his right pocket began vibrating. He casually pulled out his cell and looked at the caller id, only to see that it was a private number.

"Annyeong," Taec casually spoke.

"How are you doing? I hope I'm not interrupting business," said the voice sarcastically.

"Who is this?"

"Who the hell do you think it is?! Don't tell me you already forgot." The man's voice was so condescending. You could tell that he had a disdain for Taec.

It suddenly hit Taecyeon, "TOP."

"So, you do remember. That must also mean that you remember what I said. 'No one messes with me and gets away with it.'"

"What are you talking about?"

"Look here, I've got your little girlfriend and I'm gonna teach her a lesson for helping you out the other day. And there's nothing you can do about it."

At first Taecyeon was confused. Girlfriend? Other day? What was he talking about? The moment Taec realized that TOP was referring to Yoona and the purse incident, his face became cloaked in white as he stopped dead in his tracks. "Don't you dare hurt her!"

"I warned you. Don't with me!"

Click. All that remained was the silence from the other side. Taec was stunned. As soon as he snapped out of his thoughts, he began running to her family restaurant. The city flew by in a blur. The lines that defined the buildings, cars, and people were now all one long trail of empty colors. All that Taec could think about was where in the world could they be.

- - - - -

Comments and Criticisms please! Thanks for supporting me! <3
BTW...i'm sorry you haven't really seen any khunri interaction...but i promise there will be some in the next chapter! =]
Also....is there anyone you guys would like to see in the future?