Chapter 10

Never Say Goodbye

 

HOLA! I'm back with another update.....hopefully this will keep you entertained for a bit. 
I'm so glad to be writing again! ^___^ 
Anyhoo.....I told myself that I couldn't write my TY one shot until I got to chapter 10...and I have so WOOT*WOOT* I'll probably be posting that soon too! ^___^ 
Anyhoo ...please continue supporting me! comment! subscribe! 
 
- - - - - 
 
Chapter Ten
 
Khun didn't know what was wrong with Yoona and it frustrated him. He wanted to be there for her, but somehow the harder he tried it seemed that their relationship was only becoming farther apart. Was he the reason why she was so tired and weak lately. She had become much thinner and it worried him. Was the distance a strain on her? Or was it the fact that he didn't have as much free time as he use to? College and work was taking up a lot of his time; maybe she feels he hasn't spent as much time with her as he used to. He didn't know what to do. She meant the world to him and seeing her in this state was tearing him apart. And what was worse was the fact that she wouldn't say anything. But then again, maybe she's just being considerate. She has always been that type. Putting others before her, even if it meant that she was getting hurt. She deserved someone so much better. 
 
Nickhun had just clocked into work. He was early so he went to look for Yuri out in the garden. She wasn't there this time, so with the book in his hand, he headed back inside. On the way, he passed the childrens room and found Yuri playing with the children. A smile grew on his face as he watched her chase the kids around like a monster looking for dinner. When she finally caught one she plopped herself down on the recliner and tried to catch her breath. The children insisted that she keep on playing and started tugging on her hand, forcing her to get up.  She laughed and reluctantly stood up to chase them again. Nichkhun decided to come to her rescue. 
 
"Excuse me kids, I need to steal Ms. Kwon from you guys." 
 
Yuri bid the children farewell and followed Nickhun out of the playroom. "Thanks. I owe you one." 
 
Nickhun chuckled, "It's nothing. Really. Oh, I read The Five People You Meet In Heaven and I found this book that was good too. It's by the same author. Have you read it yet?"
 
He handed Yuri the book and she looked at it curiously. "I haven't heard of this one yet. Tuesdays With Morrie. When did it come out?"
 
"It came out before The Five People You Meet In Heaven. You ought to check it out. I highly recommend it." 
 
"All right. I'll be sure to look at it when I get the chance."
 
Khun let out an exasperated sigh, "all right, I guess I'm gonna head to work now."
 
"Wait, what's wrong. You seem down."
 
"It's nothing. Just relationship woes." 
 
"Doesn't sound like nothing. You know you can talk to me. I mean we are friends, right?"
 
"Okay, it's a long story so prepare yourself. I don't know when it all started but I think it has to do with me moving and going to school and working. I think she might be affected with me not having as much time for her as I use to. Or it could be that the distance is wearing her out. She said she doesn't mind, but it doesn't seem that way. Everytime I ask her about it, she says she's fine and that I don't have to worry about anything. But I know somethings wrong. She's been a lot more tired and has lost a significant amount of weight. And it just makes me feel like I'm a burden on her. I'm worried about her, but I don't know what to do. Part of me feels like she'd be better off without me. I thought about breaking up with her so that she wouldn't be burdened  with our relationship and always having to worry about me and whatnot, but I don't know if its the best idea. I really don't want to hurt her. 
 
"I really don't know what to tell you. Its hard to tell whether or not the decision you make will affect the rest of your life. Some will make you happy while others will be your biggest regret. I definitely have mixed emotions about them."
 
"How so?"
 
"I told you about my last relationship, didn't I?"
 
"Yeah, somewhat."
 
"Well, I guess I was kind of in the same situation as you and I still have mixed feelings about my decisions." 
 
"What did you do?"
 
"I broke up with him. Although there are days I regret breaking up, I feel like I did the right thing. He's no longer burdened by me and I can only hope that he has found new happiness." 
 
"Hmm, I see." Khun then noticed the time and had to get to work. He quickly bid Yuri farewell.
 
- - - - -
 
Yoona did not have to work today and was on her way home when she came upon a girl wandering the street. She looked like a lost puppy, just aimlessly wandering. 
 
"Umm, excuse me miss, are you lost? Do you need some help?" Yoona asked the girl which startled her. She was really pretty and looked about the same age as Yoona, plus or minus a year or two. 
 
"Oh my gosh! You have no clue how much I love you right now! Can you help me find this place?" replied the girl as she handed Yoona the worn out piece of paper in her hand. 
 
Yoona looked at the address and thought for a second, "if I recall correctly, that should be right around the block."
 
"Oh, really? Thank you so much. It feels like I've been searching forever."
 
Yoona chuckled, "No problem. But can I ask what your name is and who you're looking for? I know this neighborhood fairly well."
 
"Oh, my name is Park Jiyeon. Um, do you by chance know Ok Taecyeon?"
 
"You're looking for Taecyeon?" Yoona somehow found herself stammering. Who was this girl, and why was she looking for Taecyeon. She couldn't possibly be his girlfriend, could she? Yoona didn't know why, but she could feel herself getting jealous. Why was she getting jealous? She didn't even know who the girl was, and it's not like she had anything going on with Taec. He was just a friend. At least that's what she continued telling herself. 
 
"He's my b-" the girl stopped when she saw a group of men approaching her and Yoona. 
 
Yoona held her breath for a second waiting for her answer, but was startled when a man came up and put his arm around her shoulder. 
 
"Hey, there pretty litte thing," said the guy as he her cheek. Yoona pushed him off of her and shifted beside the girl she had just met. The girls were surrounded by a group of men, each one staring at the two of them with their creepy eyes. She knew exactly what those erted bastards were thinking. The old man spoke again, "I'm kind of short handed at my club, and need a couple of young girls like you to work. You girls up for making some good money." 
 
"No, we're fine." Yoona stated, staring the old man down. She then glanced at Jiyeon and tried her best to use her eyes to tell her that they were going to make a run for it. She couldn't tell if Jiyeon understood or if she was just nodding cuz she was glad she wasn't alone. She could only hope that the girl wasn't an idiot and got the message. It was odd; Yoona didn't know why she was always trying to be the hero. It's not like she was very good at it. As a matter of fact, she was probably the worst one the world had ever seen. But once again, that didn't stop her. 
 
"Now!" Yoona shouted as she threw her book bag at them as a diversion for Jiyeon to make a getway. She then turned around and started running in the other direction, but before she even noticed, she had already run into one of his men. "Ugh, let me go!" 
 
How pathetic could they be? They didn't even make it far! Yoona couldn't help but be disappointed in her failure. The other man turned Yoona around to face the old man. To prevent any other diversions and escapes from happening, he had a really tight grip on her. It wasn't really hard to hold onto her seeing how she was so small. As much as she squirmed around trying to break free, it was futile. She eventually gave up, and scanned the area for Jiyeon. She was in the same spot that they were standing before they even tried to make a "getaway," except now she was held captive. Did this girl even try to make a run for it?! 
 
"Let us go," Yoona demanded, not really expecting them to follow through with her demands. "We're not interested in your stupid job!"
 
"The job 'offer' ended long ago. Now we're just taking you guys in and forcing you to be our slaves" 
 
"My father won't let you guys get away with this! If anything happens to me, he'll hunt you down and make you pay!" Jiyeon exclaimed. 
 
The old man laughed menaically, "Was that a joke? Who the hell is your father and why the hell would we be afraid of him?"
 
"He's Korea's renowned lawyer Park Shinwoo . You're not gonna get away with this!" Jiyeon overconfidently shouted. 
 
The old man began laughing at how ridiculous this girl was; all his men burst into laughter soon after. Jiyeon frown at how lightly they were taking her. Even Yoona couldn't believe her. Was she serious? That wasn't remotely "threatening" whatsoever. After the men were done with their little episode of hilarity, the old man motioned for his men to drag the girls into the alley way. Yoona and Jiyeon started kicking and screaming trying to get any attention they could, but the streets were pretty much vacant. There wasn't even a bystander in sight. When they were safely hidden by the shadows of the dark alleyway, the men began to prey on their victims. One of the guys pinned Yoona against the wall and forcely kissed her repeatedly as she tried to kick him off of her. Tears began to stream from Yoona's eyes as his kisses trailed down her neck and he tugged on her left sleeve, widening the collar and exposing her bra strap. Jiyeon  managed to break free from her guy's hold; in the process she fell and sprained her wrist. Before anything serious had happened, Taecyeon punched the guy off of Yoona and kicked the other one off of Jiyeon. After beating several of the men up, they all helped each other up and scurried away as quickly as possible.
 
"Don't try this sh*t again!" Taec hollered in their direction before turning to the girls and asking, "are you girls okay?"
 
Yoona nodded as she quietly tried to fix her shirt. She was scared for her life and had never been more relieved to see him. 
 
"Why is it that everytime I rescue you, you're always in such compromising situations?" 
 
Was he serious? I mean, it's not like she goes out looking for trouble, althought it may seem that way with all the crap she's gone through. Her gratitude was soon replaced with annoyance. "I never asked you to help me."
 
"I saved your life! You could at least be grateful! 
 
"If anyone was 'saved', it'd be her so spare me the lecture," Yoona stated as she pointed to Jiyeon.
 
"Are you serious?! And what the hell are you doing here, Jiyeon!" Taec shouted as he look over the Jiyeon. 
 
"Oh my gosh, I've missed you so much." She said as she ran and hugged him. It was almost suffocating. As hard as it was to believe, seeing how the girl was tiny as heck, she had mastered the bear hug. 
 
"That still doesn't explain why you're here."
 
"Oppa, can I not just visit?" 
 
- - - - -
I'll be updating soon....=] More TY next chappie too! ^__^