Chapter 6

Never Say Goodbye

 

Anyhoo..i apologize if this chapter is crappy. Its almost 2 am and i'm sleepy and have class at 8 am. xD ENJOY anyways? =]

- - - - -

Chapter Six

Nickhun was finished for the day. As he was walking through the hospital lobby towards the front entrance, he reached his arms up towards the ceiling to stretch them out. In the middle of twisting his body from side to side, trying to get the knots out of his back, he noticed a girl in the waiting area. It was the same girl from the garden. He decided to head over there and talk to her.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Long time no see."

She looked up to find him staring at her with a bright smile. "Oh, hi. How are you?"

"Good. So what are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm in a waiting room, so my best guess would be waiting," she said with a smirk.

Nickhun chuckled. "Indeed, that would make sense."

"What about you? What are you doing here?"

"Well, I just got off work. I was planning on just going home."

"I see. Well I'm fixing to head to the bookstore if you'd like to come."

"Bookstore, eh?"

"Yeah, there's this book that was just recently released that I've been wanting to get."

"Okay. Why not," Nickhun said at this sudden turn of events. "Oh, by the way. I don't think I've introduced myself and I still don't know your name. I'm Nickhun."

"The names Yuri. Nice to meet you."

The two of them proceeded to head to the bookstore. On the way there, they exchanged several anecdotes of their life with one another. Nickhun told Yuri about his girlfriend Yoona, and also about the fact that he recently lost his parents. Yuri told Nickhun about how her father left her and her mother when she was still young and also that she had just recently broken up with her boyfriend. Once they had arrived at the bookstore, Yuri began walking around looking at all the books. Nick just followed her because he was never much of a reader. Yuri suddenly came to a stop and turned to Nickhun. "Do you like to read?"

"Umm, every now and then," he said. That was a lie. Nickhun didn't even read school reading assignments let alone books. But he didn't want her to have a bad impression of him and think he was uneducated .

"Have you read this?" asked Yuri as she picked up a book and showed it to him.

"The Five People You Meet In Heaven," Nickhun read aloud. "No, I've never even heard of it. What's it about?"

"The five people you meet in heaven," Yuri giggled.

"Haha, very clever. But seriously, what is it about?" Nick replied.

"If I told you, it would spoil the story. How about you just check it out for yourself?" she stated as she handed him the book.

"All right. I'll give it a try"

"Tell me what you think!" she said with a smile and then proceeded to head over to the front counter. "Do you guys have The Truth About Forever?"

Nickhun followed and watched as the girl behind the counter typed it into the computer. After s few seconds, the girl then walked over to what appeared to be her manager. A few minutes passed before she cam ame back to the counter where Yuri and Nick were standing.

"It seems we're out of stock. That one has been quite popular. If you would like, we can order it for you. It'll take about 3 weeks for it to arrive. Would you like for us to order it?

Yuri thought for a second and then replied, "No, thank you. I'll just check back later."

Seeing how Yuri was done, Nickhun went and paid for the book Yuri had suggested he read. As they both walked out of the bookstore, the two of them took a deep breath of fresh air. They looked at each other and started laughing at their coinciding actions. This was the start of a new friendship. Yuri then did a little bow, "Thank you for accompanying me. I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah. Sounds good. See you later."

They both headed in opposite directions.

- - - - -

Yoona was frantically scanning the perimeter for anything that might help her. She didn't have anything particular in mind, just something that could help her get out of this mess. An exit. Some sort of weapon. A place to hide. Anything! Unfortunately, the building was mostly empty. There were a couple of boxes placed randomly around the vast space, but she needed something more than just a flimsy old box. Her eyes fell upon a steel bar near one of the columns that supported the structure of the warehouse. Trying to keep herself from looking suspicious, she began to slowly tred towards it. She could see one of the men on the phone as the five of them were approaching her. They began to spread apart in order to surround her. Yoona stood her ground and in a clear strong voice, she shouted, "What do you want from me?"

"We're gonna teach you and your boyfriend a lesson," said one of TOP's men.

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"Don't play dumb. We know that it was you helping out Taecyeon the other day," stated TOP as the distance between them got smaller and smaller by the second.

Yoona didn't have a clue about what the guy was saying. When did she help Taec out? She barely spoke to that idiot. And now here she was, involved in his stupid mess. What did she ever do to deserve this. All she wanted was a simple life. What the heck did she get herself into?

When Yoona was close enough to the steel bar, she quickly picked it up and ran towards the guys swinging with all her might. She might not be the strongest person in the room, but she definitely wasn't going to go without a fight. Before she could even do any damage, one of the men grabbed the bar and swung her into the window nearby. Yoona's impact shattered the already decrepid, old window. Yoona winced in pain as she felt the shards pierce her skin. Before she even had time to recuperate, another guy pulled her up by her left arm. His grip on her was so tight that she couldn't help but let out a little cry.

"You didn't think a tiny like you could actually hurt us, did you?" said the guy as he backhanded her across the face.

Her cheeks burned. She still didn't understand why any of this was going on. But she was a trooper and wasn't about to give up. Yoona didn't know what came over her, but something in her mind triggered her next action. As she slowly raised her head, her eyes met his with a deep dark glare. It was so intense that anymore hot rage would sear his soul. His apparent cockiness enraged Yoona, leading her to spit on him in disgust. In a fit of rage the guy threw her against the wall causing her to smash the back of her head against the steel structure. Her tiny frame was nothing compared to that wall.

"Junhyung, that's enough!" TOP shouted to the guy before he could do anymore damage.

"Hyung! She ing spit on me! I gotta teach her a lesson," Junhyung snapped back.

"Are you going against my authority?! Do you need to be taught a lesson as well," he fired back.

Junhyung stepped away from Yoona's limped body. TOP walked over and picked her up with both hands and pinned her against the wall, "Tell your boyfriend to watch who he's messing with."

As he released her from his grasp, she slid back down the wall in a slump. She laid there with no ounce of strength to move. TOP turned to his men and motioned them to follow him, "Let's go."

The guys began to follow TOP towards the exit. In passing, Junhyung spit on Yoona and another guy kicked her. Yoona laid there helplessly as their footsteps disappeared in the distance. After a few moments she forced herself back on her feet. As she was limping towards the exit, she could feel her whole body throbbing in pain. Her mind was spinning and her heart was racing. Everything was blurring together as she tried with all her might to focus. Becoming heavier and heavier, Yoona fought to keep her eyes open. However valiant her fight was, gravity took its toll as her legs buckled under her and she came crashing down. The last thing she could feel was the cold hard ground beneath her.

- - - - -

Comments and Constructive Criticism please! ^___^