Hi, Lee ChaeRin.

DaeSung Vs. The KingKa |romantic comedy|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: You'll see a different side of Umma/Hitler. And oh, there's a non-human POV. keke. Hope you like the chapter. ~lalala~ Thanks for reading!!

 

Chapter 24: Hi, Lee ChaeRin.

“There, I made you shut up,” he said, “I told you you’re going to regret it if you don’t shut up.”
He was smirking like the devil.

Oh.My.God.

My heart was pounding like crazy.
My eyes are blinking rapidly.
My mouth was gaped open.
My feet were glued to the ground.
I think I was about to faint.

I glared at SeungHyun. No words could come out of my mouth.
I was beyond stunned.
Rather than kissing me, I expected him to b.tch-slap me instead.
I would prefer him to b.tch-slap me so that I wouldn’t be left with this weird feeling.
This weird feeling that is also known as confusion.

Choi SeungHyun had gone too far.

“YAHHHHH!!!!” I yelled after my voice had finally recovered, “I can’t believe you’d do that to me, you stupid Orange Baboon!!”
“What?” the Baboon had the gut to ask, “I’ve warned you but you’re just too stubborn to listen. And besides, HeeChul showed me this teenage drama where the lead guy made the girl shut up by kissing her. As evident by your temporary silence and the stupid look on your face, I can safely say that it works.”

The nerve of this jerk!
How could he act like he didn’t do anything wrong when he just, well, he just kissed me.
He f.cking stole a kiss from me.

That was when anger took over me. 
I seriously did not need this kind of problem.
There were already too many things going on inside my head.
This Baboon was looking for trouble when he did that.

“God, you are such a JERK!” I yelled like crazy, “You’re so obnoxious, rude and pathetic. I hate you, Choi SeungHyun!!! You deserve this.”

With all the energy that I had in me, for the third time in my life, I kicked his most vulnerable spot, his nuts, as hard as I could. The look on his face after I did that: PRICELESS.

“Owwww~~~~!!!” he wailed like a wolf as he grouched to the ground, massaging his manlihood. “Ummaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~!!!” he cried.

That’s what you get for messing with Lee ChaeRin.

“You should’ve just apologized for your rudeness and that will save you from the pain, you bloody baboon!!!” I spat at his face, “and oh, don’t forget to ice that thing. And, and..” I thought for a moment to think of more insult, “YOU KISS LIKE A GIRL!”

I left him grouching on the ground and enter the house, slamming the gate as loudly as I could.

“LEE CHAERINNNNN~~~!!!” he wailed but I didn’t care to turn around.

I was beyond pissed. 
And hurt.
Like a mother bear who just had her cubs being kidnapped, that was exactly how I felt right at that exact moment.
Not to say that I was a mother bear, but you get what I’m trying to say right?
It was like someone stole something from me, something that I will not get back. I mean, how do you ask him to return back the kiss to me? Surely, not by asking, ‘Hey, Baboon, mind to give my kiss back?’

Urgh, I can’t believe that I wasted my time thinking about this stupid thing.

When I was about to go up the stairs to my room, I stopped at the bottom of the staircase when I heard Umma’s voice coming from the living room.

“Yes, those kids are friendly with each other now,” I heard she said.

Those kids?
Is it me and JiMin?

“Can’t wait to see you tomorrow!” she said brightly.
Tomorrow? 
Don’t tell me that she wants me to babysit that obnoxious brat again tomorrow.

“Bye!” I heard she said and figured that it was time that I inquired about her phone conversation.
Man, I feel like a mother. 

“Umma, I’m home!” I yelled.
“Come to the living room. I’ve something to tell you!” she replied.
I went to the living room dejectedly, knowing that I’d be doomed for babysitting tomorrow.

“Tomorrow, we’ll have some special guests over. So we need to buy groceries tomorrow. I will need all your help,” Umma said.
“Okay,” I said.

It was more of an instruction than a request.

“Don’t embarrass me with your idiotic behavior tomorrow, ChaeRin,” Umma said and make the crazy gesture.
I rolled my eyes. “Who’s coming?” I asked. I guess it wasn’t JiMin and his mother since Umma said the guests were special. I mean, that brat was anything but special.
“You’ll find out tomorrow,” Umma smiled coyly, trying to be all mysterious.

Whatever. 
I couldn’t care less about her special guests anyways.

“ChaeRin, why do you have a cut on your lower lip? Did you just fight somebody?” Umma asked, sounding surprisingly concerned.
My hand automatically went to touch my lip. It had bled again, most probably due to that stupid baboon’s stolen kiss.
Stupid baboon!
“Err..no-no-no. I fell at Lotte World but I’m okay now. Err.. Umma, I’m going to my room,” I said hurriedly and left for my room.

When I closed the door of my bedroom, I threw myself on the bed and stared at the ceiling while thinking all of the things that had happened in my life today. 

The accidental kiss between DaeSung and me.
The appearance of GwiSoon.
YeJin working at MinHo’s store for me.
SeungHyun’s stupid act.

Arghh!!! I think I’m going insane.
Why do so many things happen in a day?

“Whyyyy???” I said out loud.

Suddenly I felt something moved beside me. Startled, I looked to my side to find a pair of puppy eyes staring at me. 
Chicky was looking at me in confusion, if a dog knows how to feel confused that is.

“Chicky!!” I cried with joy, “I miss you!!” 
I took him and put him on my stomach. He closed his eyes in delight when I scratched behind his ears.

How fun it is to be a dog, I thought sadly. 
Dogs have no problems. All they do all day long are sleep and eat.
This was definitely one of the rare moments that I hated God for not creating me as a dog.

“Chicky, I have a problem,” I told him.
Chicky gave me a weird look.
“Yes, you caught me. I have more than one problem,” I admitted sheepishly. 
He wailed, moving his ears as if he understood what I was saying. As if saying, ‘I’m all ears’.

I started telling Chicky about all of the things that had happened that day while he ‘listened’ attentively.
It felt good, letting it all out of my chest.

“But Chicky, I have a right to be angry at YeJin, right? She lied to me, after all. Friends are supposed to share everything with each other. I shouldn’t feel guilty, right?” I asked.

Chicky gave me a look.

“Maybe you’re right,” I said, “She’s really a wonderful friend. I should work for MinHo myself. Because of me, she had to spend her weekend working at the shop, wearing a hideous apron. So, what about Baboon, Chicky? Should I just ignore him for the rest of my life?”

Again, Chicky gave me a look.

“I know I have done some wrong to him in the past but don’t you think that what he did is far worse?”

Chicky wailed softly.

“Okay, I’ll talk to him tomorrow. Thank you for listening, Chicky. You’re the best puppy in the whole wide world. Who’s a good boy? Chicky’s a good boy. Good boyyyy~~!!” I said as I scratched his ears again before I fell into a deep sleep.


**Chicky’s POV**

God, what is wrong with my stupid master today?
What is she talking?
And why does she talk so much?
Is she stupid to think that I’d understand?
Sometimes, I do think humans are so overrated.

‘Stop talking, you idiot! You’re hurting my ears.’
Maybe if I move them, she’ll understand that that’s the cue for her to shut up.
Argh, my head hurts. She keeps on talking. This is a nightmare.
‘Enough of the yapping, continue with the scratching, woman!’

Finally, she scratches my ears. I feel like in Heaven.
But not for long; she falls asleep!
‘Wake up, woman! Wake up! Scratch my ears!!’

Now, she’s laughing in her sleep.
She’s mumbling, “Steak.. I like! Make it big.. Heeee heee heee.. Ice cream is good. Hee hee hee. I’m pretty? Hee hee~~!!”
And she drools!

This is such a waste of time!
Watching her sleep has no benefit whatsoever to my boring life.
Plus, the room looks like it had been run over by a tractor.
I should leave and eat at the kitchen.
The monster downstairs should have prepared my food by now.

** End of POV**

I woke up later that night to the sound of my cellphone ringing loudly beside my ear.

“Hello~~??” I said groggily as I picked up the call.
“ChaeRin! Are you okay? I just got back from work. Working at the shop is tiring as he.ll!” YeJin said from the other hand.
“Okay. Sleep. Bye,” I mumbled.
“You are NOT hanging up on me!!” she yelled loudly. I think my eardrums were about to burst.
I sat up straight on my bed. “Okay, okay, I’m up. Jeez.”
“Are you still mad at me? I didn’t mean to lie to you, I promise. It’s just that I didn’t want you to feel guilty about it. It’s not your fault, okay? MinHo was asking for my help and he cleverly reminded me about the time when I asked him to help you. So, of course I have to say yes, right?” YeJin blurted hurriedly. It was like she had rehearsed on how to explain it to me.
“It’s fine, YeJin. I’m not mad at you.”
“That’s good to hear.”

I hesitated on whether I should confide to YeJin about DaeSung, GwiSoon and SeungHyun.

“Is something wrong?” YeJin sounded concern.
I swear this girl had telepathic powers.

I began to tell her about all that had happened that day. YeJin remained her silence until I had finished talking.

“GwiSoon is here?” was the first thing she said, “As in Seoul?”
“No, Japan,” I joked, “Of course here is Seoul.”
“So what did DaeSung do? Did he follow her home? Did he say anything to you?” YeJin asked and ignored my lame joke.
“Yah! You’re always missing the important point! SeungHyun f.cking kissed me like some kind of a drama parody and DaeSung’s lips touched with mine even though only briefly! Don’t you wanna know more about that??!!!!!” I yelled exasperatedly.
“Aish, you’re gonna burst my eardrums,” YeJin complained, “To hell with the stolen kiss and the accidental light peck, I’m more interes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter