Say What?

DaeSung Vs. The KingKa |romantic comedy|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Choi SeungHyun, long time no see,” MinHo nodded to SeungHyun.

SeungHyun just blinked rapidly at him, like his voice had just suddenly vanished from his throat.

TaeYang’s face suddenly broke into a huge grin. “Hey man, so it was you just now. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.”
“It’s been a long time,” HeeChul smiled.
“So you’ve transferred to this school? The rumor said that you’ve gone out of the country, man,” JiYong said. 
“Do you still like Math?” Micky grinned.

I wonder how they knew each other. From the sound of it, I think that they went to the same school but why did MinHo transferred to my school in the first place? Did MinHo have a fight with them or something? MinHo did say about some bad experience with the bullies some time back then so were they the bullies? Did they bully him?

My head nearly exploded from thinking about this. SeungHyun was still frozen like a statue at the same spot, blinking rapidly at MinHo and DaeSung was still glaring at SeungHyun. Everyone seemed to have forgotten about his request for a fight with SeungHyun.

MinHo chose to ignore the questions posed to him by the rest of the gang and did not take his eyes off SeungHyun. “Fighting is stupid, right SeungHyun?”

What is he talking about?

“What are you talking about?” YeJin asked as if reading my mind.

It was then that MinHo started to tell their story.


-Flashback second year of high school-------

The six of them were the very best of friends. Apparently they did everything together.
 


[Me: Including going to the shower?
The rest of them groaned loudly.
Me: What? He did say they did everything together. I’m just curious.
YeJin: Aish, just shut up, ChaeRin! Just let him finish. Continue the story!]
 


Then, one day, a group of bullies came to them. The bullies were from senior year and apparently, the girl that the leader of the pack had his eyes on was in love with SeungHyun so he was kind of pissed at him. SeungHyun and the rest were already well known at that time for being pretty boys especially SeungHyun since he was the youngest basketball player ever to make it to the school team. So the bullies decided that they need to fight SeungHyun since, well, the bullies were, as the other bullies in the world, stupid.

“Choi SeungHyun, we want to fight you,” the leader said. There were four of them, all tough and angry looking.
“Don’t fight him TOP, it’s useless to fight,” Micky said.
“Just fight him off, TOP! You can beat him!” HeeChul apparently had a strong liking of watching boys fight.


[HeeChul: No, I DON’T like watching boys fight!!
YeJin and I: Aish, just shut up!!!!]
 

“Don’t fight them, TOP-ah, it’s very stupid to fight,” MinHo said.
“I DON’T CARE! I HAVE TO FIGHT HIM. This is about the honor of our name, our pride and our nation. For these reasons, I have to fight! Don’t ever try to stop me!” SeungHyun had said like a warrior ready to die for his country.
“Don’t SeungHyun, please DON’T!” MinHo pleaded.

TaeYang, Micky and JiYong just looked on helplessly as HeeChul clapped to cheer on SeungHyun.


“Hey, you good-for-nothing bullies! Come here, let’s finish this,” SeungHyun said to the bullies.
“Errr.. Before we fight, don’t you wanna know why I ask you to fight in the first place?” the leader asked.

“....”

“Oh, now that you've mentioned it, please tell us why you wanna fight me,” SeungHyun said.

“The girl that I like likes you.”
“So? You’re ugly, that’s why she doesn’t like you. It's not my fault that you’re born ugly.”
“No, I’m not ugly.”
“Yes, you are.”
“No.”
“Yes.”
“No.”
“Yes.”
“No.”
“No.”
“Yes.”

“I WIN!!!” SeungHyun high-fived the rest of his gang while the leader slapped his forehead and his followers just looked down in shame.

“Now that we’ve established the fact that you’re ugly, can we just skip the fighting part because I think we will win considering that there are six of us and there are only four of you?”

“THIS IS NOT OVER, CHOI SEUNGHYUN!!!!” the leader yelled before he ran away in shame, followed by his followers.

Apparently, the leader stayed true to his words as the next day, Kim BulSoo came to SeungHyun’s class because she wanted to meet him. Apparently, she had gotten a love letter from SeungHyun professing his undying love for her and she wanted to tell him that she was willing to accept him. 

It would be a joyous occasion for the couple but the problem was, SeungHyun never did send her any letter. Another problem was that Kim BulSoo was really fierce, big, strong and manly; she was in fact the school’s weightlifter. SeungHyun at that time was just a scrawny kid reaching puberty and to fight off this kind of opponent was really tough for him.

When he tried to gently let her down, Kim BulSoo lifted him up and spun him around, just like a ball. SeungHyun ended up being thrown to the wall and had to be hospitalized for a week for his injuries. 

Apparently, Kim BulSoo didn’t take rejections quite easily.

And that was when SeungHyun accepted the fact that fighting is stupid.

--End of flashback--


We burst out laughing when we heard the story. Only SeungHyun was busy giving MinHo death glares.

“How dare you twist the story? That’s not what had happened,” SeungHyun said.

And that was when SeungHyun began to tell his side of the story.


-- Flashback 2nd year of high school (According to Choi SeungHyun)--

The six of them were the very best of friends. Apparently they did everything together and no, that didn’t include going to the shower.

Then, one day, a group of bullies came to them, wanting to fight with SeungHyun.

“Choi SeungHyun, we want to fight you,” the leader said. There were four of them, all tough and angry looking.
“No,don’t fight. Fighting is stupid,” Micky said.
“You can box with him. Boxing is not stupid. Do you know that during the ancient Greek time, the Mycenaean warriors included boxing among their competitions and honoring the fallen with great ceremonies?”
 

[DaeSung: Really?
MinHo nodded proudly.
DaeSung: I didn’t know that.
YeJin: Aish, ALL normal people don’t know that. Continue with the story!]
 

“NO! Don’t try to persuade me! I don’t want to fight. Fighting is stupid!” SeungHyun said adamantly.
“Fine! Let me fight them for you instead!” MinHo said and looked at the bullies. “Hey, you!! Let’s fight! I’ll represent him.”
“Don’t fight him, MinHo-ah,” SeungHyun said again.
“I DON’T CARE! I HAVE TO FIGHT HIM. This is about the honour of our name, our pride and our nation. For these reasons, I have to fight! Don’t ever try to stop me,” MinHo had said like a warrior ready to die for his country.

The leader was already in his boxing mode, with both of his fists up in front of him. MinHo narrowed his eyes at him.

“What are you doing?”
“Err, getting ready to box?”
“I didn’t say I want to fight you with boxing. How about we fight with Math?”
“Ewww?? Math?!!”
“Yep. So what is 10 times 8 times 3 times 2 divided by 1987 times 3000 times zero?”

The leader was busy doing the calculation in his mind.
 

[Me: Man, that is hard!
YeJin: I know! Thank God for calculator!]
 

“Too late! You lose! The answer is zero. Anything times with zero equals zero, okay? Always remember that.”
The bullies started ooh-ing at the realization.
“So it’s agreed upon that I’ve won, right?”

“Why did you want to fight me?” SeungHyun asked out of curiosity.
“Because the girl that I like likes you,” the leader answered sheepishly.
“Owh. It’s okay. Try harder, sunbaenim. I’m sure she’ll learn to accept you in the future.”
“You’re such a nice guy. I can’t believe you have this kind of weird friend,” the leader said, nodding toward MinHo’s direction.
“It’s nothing, man,” SeungHyun said modestly.

Suddenly, Kim BulSoo came running towards them. Apparently, Kim BulSoo liked the leader so she thought that they were fighting him off and decided to come to protect her hero. Needless to say, she threw them both to the wall and they both had to be hospitalized for a week for their injuries. Kim BulSoo was a very strong girl.

And that was when they knew that fighting is stupid.

- - - End of flashback - - -


Again, we burst out laughing after hearing the story.

“You’re lying!” MinHo said to SeungHyun.
“No! As far as I can remember, things definitely happened that way,” SeungHyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter