There, I Made You Shut Up

DaeSung Vs. The KingKa |romantic comedy|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What happened to you?”

I could vaguely hear EunHyuk asking us. It was like I was stuck in a different dimension altogether. I was waiting for DaeSung to reply him, but he, like me, was unable to answer even the simple question.

We were still in the state of shock.

I could feel EunHyuk’s eyes staring, boring holes at our faces.

“Sungie, your nose is bleeding!” EunHyuk gasped and quickly tried to wipe the blood off DaeSung’s nose.
“ChaeRin noona, your lip is bleeding!” JiMin yelled, as he pointed at my lips. His shrill voice interrupted my train of thoughts and immediately, I started to realize the pain at my lips.

“Uh, I’m okay. Uh, I need to, uh, go to the toilet. Here’s your, uh, scrunchy,” DaeSung said awkwardly. He avoided my gaze as he handed EunHyuk my scrunchy and went away for the toilet.

I blinked hard at his disappearing back.

“Why the hell did he give me this for?” EunHyuk said as he handed me the scrunchy. “I believe this is yours. But I must say ChaeRin, you look really pretty with your hair down,” he f.cking winked at me.
“Oh, hyung! You’re creepy!” JiMin said.

I really could not handle the flirty EunHyuk during that moment. He was giving me headaches that I really didn’t need. I needed to get away from him and the annoying brat.
I needed some time to clear my thoughts.
I needed some time to think.

I needed to go to the toilet too.

I took the scrunchy quickly from EunHyuk’s hand. “Thanks,” I said, “I, uh, need to go to the toilet to, uh, pee. Yes, I need to pee. Really badly. Pee pee. Peeing is good. Ha ha ha.”

I quickly went for the toilet.
“Eww..” I could hear JiMin said.
“Come back soon, y lady!” EunHyuk called after me.
I fought hard the urge to turn back and give him some kicking.

When I was in the toilet, I went to the sink and splashed my face with the cold water. I looked into the mirror and saw the cut on my lip. 

“Ouch,” I said as I dabbed it with a damp tissue. The bleeding has stopped but there was still the stinging pain. I wonder how DaeSung was handling his nosebleed. I remember after our lips touched, my head accidentally knocked him hard on his nose. I might have broken it.

Hmm.. DaeSung’s nose…
DaeSung..
DaeSung’s lips…
Lips..
KISS?

Yah!! Stop thinking about it, Lee ChaeRin!!
Stop it!!

I splashed my face again.

The thought of DaeSung suddenly brought weird butterflies in my stomach. I felt my heart beating furiously and my cheeks were getting warm as I thought about the accidental kiss.

Yes, we kissed. If you call two lips touching really briefly that. But it was not intentional. It just happened. Things should not be awkward between me and DaeSung because of that silly accidental thing.
Right?

I looked at my own reflection in the mirror. Somehow, even I wasn’t convinced that I would talk normally in front of DaeSung anymore.
I heaved out a deep sigh.

“Wow, Lee ChaeRin! I’m impressed,” I heard the annoying voice that I really hate accompanied by the irritating laughter of her crew of airheads. HyeYeon was giving me a sly grin.

I frowned. “Impressed by what?” I asked. 
Don’t tell me that she’s going to confide her undying respect for my singing skills. The talent show is way over.

The airheads snickered. 

“We saw it,” YiYoung said excitedly.
“The lame kiss,” ShinAh giggled annoyingly.
“It was very brief but romantic,” HyeYeon chimed in.

Together, they laughed in unison mockingly at me.

My eyes opened wide.
F.ck!
If the airheads saw the kiss, soon enough the whole universe will know about it. I think the even the school gardener would find out about it, knowing these airheads.
Urgh, I really hate them.

I really didn’t have time to listen to their mocking. My heart was already pumping so hard due to the kiss; I don’t think it could handle anger for the time being. But seeing the b.tches in front of me, I had the strongest urge to slit their throats.

“Why are you guys here?” I said through gritted teeth.
“What? Can’t we be here? It’s not like you own the place,” HyeYeon retorted. “I’m glad that we’ve decided to come here today or else, we would have missed the romantic moment.”
They snickered like it was the funniest joke on Earth.

I wonder why, of all days, that they decided to come to Lotte World on this day and saw that, well, that thing happened. I think God was definitely punishing me for something that I did in the past life. 

Think happy thoughts, ChaeRin. Think happy thoughts.
I feel like Peter Pan trying to make myself fly.

“HyeYeon,” I said finally, after I managed to calm down.
“What?” she asked. I think she was expecting me to hurl abuse at her.
“Your zip’s undone,” I smiled as I left the toilet. “Embarassing.”

I could hear HyeYeon gasped in horror as she zipped up her fly. 
“Yah, Lee ChaeRin!!” she yelled after me, “I’m not finished with you!!! You're going to get it from me~~!!!”

I decided to ignore her and to continue to walk to JiMin and EunHyuk.
“How was the peeing?” EunHyuk asked, grinning like a fool.

I scrunched my nose at him. “Why should you ask?” I said, annoyed.
Was that his sick idea of a small talk?
What a creep!

Great, now I sound like JiMin.

“Don’t mind him, noona. He’s a creep afterall,” JiMin said as he shot EunHyuk a disgusted look.
EunHyuk looked hurt. “What?” he said, “I was only being friendly!”

“Whatever!!” JiMin and I said in unison. JiMin then put up his thumb and index finger in the shape of an ‘L’ and put it at his forehead. I guess, he was telling EunHyuk that he was a loser.
I smiled in spite of myself.

Suddenly, I saw DaeSung walking towards us and my heart skipped a beat. His nose was no longer bleeding.

“Hyung!” JiMin’s face literally lit up the moment he saw DaeSung.
He giggled in contentment when DaeSung lifted him and put him to sit on his shoulders.

“Are you okay?” I asked him. My heart was strangely beating so fast.
DaeSung who was playing with JiMin’s hands from above his shoulders smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat again. “I’m okay,” he said awkwardly.
I nodded and looked elsewhere as he did the same.

EunHyuk apparently was aware of our awkward behavior with each other. He narrowed his eyes back and forth between DaeSung and me. “Seriously, what happened between you guys? Why are you guys bleeding?”

“Nothing happened,” we said hurriedly in unison.

EunHyuk looked like he didn’t believe us but didn’t press the matter further.
We continued to roam in the park.

The parade was starting and we went to stand with the crowd to admire the colourful parade. JiMin was clapping happily with DaeSung. EunHyuk sometimes would tickle JiMin and JiMin would defiantly protest by flailing his arms around to slap EunHyuk’s head, to which he cleverly dodged at every attempt.

I spent the whole time just watching them from afar. They looked so happy together that even I was smiling just by watching them laugh together. Deep in my heart, I knew that I wanted to be like JiMin, to be able to laugh and have fun with DaeSung; but thanks to the thing just now, we would definitely behave awkwardly with each other.

I heaved out a sigh of sadness. I, for one, would hate for that to happen.

When the parade had ended, we played all the other rides available; even the spinning teacup which EunHyuk deemed was too ‘sissy’ even for a six year old. The ‘sissy’ comment earned him another hate point with JiMin who blatantly declared that he would stick to DaeSung like a leech to avoid the creep that is EunHyuk. The highlight of the day had to be when we went on one of the scary ride where you have to stand and the thing will fall down from a certain height at a high speed. It gave you the feeling of jumping down the 12th floor of a building, I think. The lady besides EunHyuk was totally scared and she vomited at EunHyuk who claimed that he even tasted some of the vomit. It was really disgusting and EunHyuk ended up having to buy a corny pink Lotte World t-shirt since it was the only color with his size.

I think by the end of the day, JiMin was totally exhausted. When we had our lunch at one of the restaurant there, he was yawning non-stop but vehemently denied that he was tired. He kept on insisting that we must ride the Ferris wheel before we leave when DaeSung suggested that we should all go home. It was already near 4 p.m.

DaeSung and I still couldn’t utter a word to each other and when our eyes met, we would turn away in embarrassment. I wonder for how long we would behave like this.

When we queued up at the Ferris wheel, JiMin’s eyes were practically shining with joy. He said that the Ferris wheel is his most favorite ride and he wanted to build one in his backyard when he grew up.
EunHyuk was mocking him non-stop, saying that only little children love Ferris wheel and JiMin ended up kicking his shin. EunHyuk was definitely at the top of JiMin’s hate list now.

I laughed watching them.

When it was our turn to go on the Ferris wheel, EunHyuk decided that it would be fun to ride with JiMin as he hugged JiMin tight, shut his mouth with his hand like a kidnapper and went inside the gondola.
I could hear JiMin’s muffled cries for help as the gondola moved up for the next one to come down.

Suddenly I realized that I would be riding the Ferris wheel with DaeSung. 
Alone.
Just the two of us.

When the guy in-charge opened the door of the gondola for us to enter, we just stared weirdly at him.
“Well?” he said, obviously confused by our staring.
“Uh, go on first, ChaeRin,” DaeSung said awkwardly to me and I obliged.

When he sat beside me inside the gondola, the guy tightened the door and the gondola moved upward.

“Hyungggg~~~!!!” JiMin cried from above us.
We laughed and waved at him as he began to slap EunHyuk all over.

“He really likes you,” I said, smiling.
“I like him too,” DaeSung chuckled.

Then, it was awkward silence again between us. The Ferris wheel was already moving at a steady speed.

“Uh, about just now,” DaeSung began as he fidgeted his legs.
“I’m sorry,” I blurted out, “It was an accident. It wasn’t intentional.”
“It was a mistake,” DaeSung said.
“Totally,” I agreed.
“I always accidentally do that with my Umma. Total mistake,” he said.
“Totally,” I repeated dumbly.

As we were saying this, we didn’t really look at each other. DaeSung was looking down at the view on his side while I looked down at mine.

“So, things should not be awkward between us, right?” DaeSung said, breaking the silence.
“Totally,” I said. Suddenly my vocabulary became very limited.
“Let’s shake on it,” DaeSung extended his hand.
I awkwardly shook it.

We were quiet throughout the re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter