Do You Like Him?

DaeSung Vs. The KingKa |romantic comedy|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do You Like Him?


“Smooth move, Romeo!!”

Those words caught DaeSung by surprise and he suddenly lost his grip on me. He accidentally stumbled forward causing the both of us to fall to the ground.

 

Needless to say, I ended up lying on the ground, sandwiched between DaeSung and the cold cemented floor of the classroom.

“Sorry, sorry,” DaeSung immediately stood up and held out a hand to help me up.

I took his hand, grumbling at the aching that I felt all over my body.

 

Then I turned to glare at the owner of the voice.

Choi SeungHyun was sitting on one of the desks. I didn’t know for how long he had been watching us dancing together. He crossed his arms and smirked, raising one of his eyebrows.

“Yah, baboon! Look at what you’ve done!!!” I yelled at him.

“I’m sorry to interrupt this, ehem, romantic moment,” he said without sounding anyway sincere, “but you, Lee ChaeRin,” he pointed at me, “you have promised to meet me at ShinJi Park.”

“Aish,” I said in anger. I turned to look at DaeSung who was eyeing SeungHyun with suspicion, “Uhm, you wait here for a bit ok? Uhm, I’m uhm, going to talk to this, uhm, this guy, uhm, yeah,” I said.

The situation was really awkward. 
I mean, what the hell happened just now? 
Did I just wish that DaeSung would kiss me?

 

What was I even thinking???

DaeSung just nodded his head without saying a word. It looks like he wanted to say something but decided against it.

I walked angrily towards SeungHyun. “You,” I hissed like an angry cat, “Follow me.” I took out his English notebook from my bag before storming out of the classroom. 

“I’ll see you again, Romeo,” I heard him saying mockingly to DaeSung. I rolled my eyes. Just leave it to SeungHyun to mock everyone acquainted with me.

I walked till the end of the corridor and turned around, leaning my back against the wall. I could see the baboon sauntering slowly towards me, still smirking his annoying smirk as usual.

I gave him an icy stare. “Here’s your stupid notebook,” I slammed the notebook to his chest with as much force I could bring out.

“Whoa, whoa, what are you angry at me for? For ruining your kiss with your wussy lover boy?” SeungHyun said, taking the notebook from my hands.


“He’s not my lover boy,” I said through gritted teeth, “And we weren’t kissing.”

SeungHyun snorted. “Huh, could’ve fooled me. I swear he was about to jump on your lips. That dance was just a lame excuse. I can’t believe that you'd fall for that,” he sounded bitter but that could just be my imagination.

“Aish,” I yelled out in frustration, “He’s just trying to teach me to dance, you moron!!!”

SeungHyun’s expressions started to change, like he was happy - or maybe relieved. Man, I really couldn’t read what this hunky baboon was really thinking.

“Teaching you how to dance? Why? Did you enter any competition?” he asked.

I groaned at the question. “It’s your dear mother’s fault!” I said, “Just like you, she likes to bully me. She’s forcing me to enter the stupid talent show that she’s in charge of.”

SeungHyun started to laugh.

“Yes, I’m going to be the school’s laughing stock. Are you happy now?” I muttered after seeing how he found that funny.

“Yes, it really is funny. You in a stupid talent show? Bwa~hahahaha. I bet you’re going to look like a monkey on stage. Bwahahahaha~,” he roared with laughter.

What the is his problem?
Was it really funny seeing me on stage?

“Are you done? I really have to go,” I said, annoyed by his demeaning laugh. Hanging around this hunky baboon would only be a waste of my precious time. Nothing productive had ever happened after meeting him.

 

SeungHyun stopped laughing in an instant.

“Wait,” he said quickly, “I can teach you how to dance. No need to ask your wussy lover boy to teach you.”

“Can you stop with the whole ‘wussy lover boy’ thing?” I said. It was getting really irritating. “He’s not my wussy lover boy. He’s my duet partner for the talent show. Besides, he’s my friend!”

“Duet, huh?” SeungHyun looked thoughtful for a moment, “So this means that you’ll be spending a lot of time with him in the name of practice, am I right?”

“Of course,” I said matter-of-factly.

“Then you’ll be spending much time alone.”
“Very much so.”
“When is the competition?”
“Next week.”
“I wanna see you practice.”

What the is his problem?
Acting like he owned me and stuff.

“No way!” I said.

“Why?”
“Because..because.. aish, it’d be weird if you’re there.”
“Why?”
“Just is.”
“Because if I’m there, you won’t be able to kiss him?”

 

That does it.

 

“There won’t be any KISSING!” I yelled. 

 

This d.amn baboon was really getting on my nerve. But the weird part was, I could feel my cheeks getting warm. Damn these cheeks, I am sure it was like ripe tomatoes by then.

“Whatever,” SeungHyun said nonchalantly, “I can’t believe that your standard for guys is so low. You must be so desperate for a boyfriend,” he smirked.

I squinted my eyes at him. Oh, how I wish I could just eat him alive.
Seriously, what the is his problem?

“You’ve got your stupid notebook so I’m going off,” I declared angrily and turned towards the class. I didn’t want to waste my time being insulted by that baboon. I guess, I had had enough.

“Wait,” I heard him calling and stopped in my tracks. I turned around to see him walking towards me.

“What?” I asked, irritated by the mere presence of him.


“Are you angry because I insulted your wussy lover boy or because I interrupted you kissing him?” he asked.


“You really want me to kick your TOP jr. again?” I said, glancing toward TOP jr.’s direction.

SeungHyun immediately protected TOP jr. with his hands. I gave him a smirk.

“That’s not funny, okay?” he said, “This here is the future of the Choi’s hot new generation.”


I rolled my eyes.

“I’m still your boss, remember?” he said.
“Can we cut this whole boss-slave thing? It’s getting old,” I said.

I saw SeungHyun’s eyes began to darken.
Was he angry?

“You’re my slave for a month and that’s final,” he said threateningly.
“O-kay,” I gulped nervously, my body shaking in fear. There was just something frightening about the way he sounded just now.
“And now, I want you to come with me,” he ordered.
“Where?” I asked like a fool.
“If I tell you,” he paused to smirk, “then I’ll have to kill you.”

I rolled my eyes.

 

This baboon is like a person with multiple personality disorder. He could be demanding, angry and then back to annoying in a matter of seconds. I think I still needed time to figure him out. He was like a puzzle for me to solve - a very hard puzzle that is.

“Wait here, I'll go and take my bag,” I said submissively. I guess there was no point in denying him. For all I know, he might run off to my Umma and tell her all about me. Umma had started to treat me good and I didn’t want that to change. Like hell I wanted that to go back to the way it was before. No way!

I turned and started to walk towards the class.

“Don’t worry, I’ll give you some time to say goodbye to your wussy Romeo,” I heard SeungHyun said and clenched my fist.

I swear, when this entire craziness had finished, I would break his neck.
Count on it!

When I reached class, DaeSung who was sitting on one of the desks immediately stood up and came to face me.

“Are you okay?” he asked, holding both of my upper arms, “Isn’t he the guy from Freezing Cool the other day? The one that called you ugly?”
I grimaced at the thought and nodded. “Yup, he’s the one. The one and only,” I said bitterly.
DaeSung looked puzzled. “But why is he here? Do you know him?”
I shrugged off his arms and went to take my bag. “I really don’t have time to explain now,” I said, “But I’ll talk to you tonight. I have to go somewhere with him.”
“B-b-but, why?” DaeSung asked. He looked really concerned but I really didn’t feel ready to confide in him about SeungHyun when SeungHyun was already there. I was afraid that something might happen. Really, I was only thinking of his safety. 

Geez, I sounded like a grandmother.

“I’ll call you tonight, I promise,” I said and saw relief passed through his eyes.
“Okay, I’ll wait. Take care of yourself, ChaeRin-ah,” he smiled and shyly waved.

Damn, my cheeks were getting warm again.

I waved him goodbye and walked to SeungHyun who was already waiting at the stairs.

He gave me an annoying smirk. “Did you cry? So sad to leave lover boy? Tsk, tsk.”
“No, I didn’t,” I said angrily.
“Ooohhh.. Lee ChaeRin’s sad to leave her lover boy alone. Oohhh,” he teased annoyingly.
“Oh, just shut the up!” I yelled and saw him still smirking his annoying smirk.

Arghhh!!! At this rate, I think I’m going to be sent to the psychiatry ward by next week.
Choi SeungHyun really knew how to make me go insane.

“Whatever,” he said nonchalantly, “Follow me,” he started walking.
I followed him quietly from behind. 

Okay, I know this is wrong but I don’t know why I kept staring at his . I mean, I tried to look elsewhere, but his butts were like calling for me, craving for my attention. I was admiring the way his moved and the contour of the cheeks when he walked. Man, I sound like a erted s.lut. 

When he suddenly stopped, I accidentally walked into his back.

“What are you doing?” he asked.
“What?” I asked back, confused.
“Walk beside me, not behind me. I didn’t tell you to admire my ,” he smirked again.

Man, is he psychic? 
How could he have known?
I blushed and without a word, I went to stand beside him.

“Don’t be shy,” he said, “You’re a girl after all.”

Damn he’s a cocky .
I had made up my mind, I would not utter a single word at him. I had vouched to stay quiet. 
They say that when you argue with this type of person, they’ll bully you more. It’s best to stay quiet and so I did.

“What did my Mom teach you today?”

Silence.

“Are you hungry?”

Silence.

“You’re not thinking about lover boy, are you?”

[Clenched fist] 
Silence.

“Yah, are you deaf?”

[Smile to self]
Silence.

“You’re playing the silent game now, are you?” SeungHyun sounded irritated.

[Victorious smile]
Silence.

Choi SeungHyun muttered profanity words under his breath and I couldn’t help smiling to myself. I knew this silent treatment would drive him insane. Suddenly, I saw him taking out his cellphone.
He must be bored enough to call his friend to talk.

“Hello, Mrs. Lee?” I heard him say and my eyes widened with horror, “This is Choi SeungHyun. Yes, the boy whom Lee ChaeRin has humiliated terribly in third grade,” he emphasized on the word ‘terribly’. He glanced sideways at me and smirked.

this guy!
I tried frantically to snatch the cellphone from him but because he was tall, like a tower, he easily dodged all of my attempts. 
“Yes, I’m okay, how about you? Uh-huh. She’s right here with me,” he said and I bit my lip.

I mouthed ‘Don’t tell her, please, don’t,’ with fear in my eyes.
SeungHyun smirked at me before saying to the phone, “We’re okay. Actually, we’re on our way to eat. So she asked me to call you to tell you that she might come home late today.”

I sighed of relief.

“No, thank you, Mrs. Lee. You helped me a lot, really. Yes. Take care. You too. Okay, bye,” SeungHyun ended the call and put the cellphone back into his pocket.

“What did she say?” I muttered angrily.
SeungHyun looked at me sideway and began to smile. “Wow, now you talk. I thought you’re a mute or something.”
“Ha ha, very funny,” I said, irritated by his cheerfulness.

This baboon was really cunning, I tell you. Only cunning people would think to threaten me with my mother. I seriously wondered how he got to know about my fear of my mother.

We continued to walk out of the school. We passed by a few shops, a park, a river and a bridge. Along the way, I saw many girls giving us curious looks and then saw them gaping and gushing about SeungHyun’s good looks. SeungHyun didn’t even bother to acknowledge them ogling at him like a God and I was suddenly feeling very self conscious at the amount of attention that we were getting. 

We continued to walk and walk and walk; never stopping.

I was getting very impatient.

“Are we there yet?” I asked.
“A few minutes more,” he said.
“Why didn’t we take the bus?” I groaned.
“It’s not that far," he answered curtly.
“Are you kidding me? You call that not far? It must’ve been 2 kilometers,” I grumbled.
“You know what? I actually prefer the silent treatment thing that you were doing back then,” he said.
“But I’m tired,” I retorted.

He turned to look at me. “Is that a hint asking me to give you a piggyback ride? Like in the drama?” a sly smile crossed his lips.
I grimaced. “No, thank you!” I said, "Stop thinking weird things."
“'Cause if it is, I’m telling you, I won’t piggyback anyone other than the person that I like,” he said, his voice sounding serious.
“Seriously, I don’t want to know,” I said and he just smiled to himself.

Other than the person that I like.
The words were stuck in my head. 

I wonder, what kind of person would SeungHyun like. Judging by his God complex, I bet he only goes after the supermodel type; thin, gorgeous, looks good in everything she wears, and most probably stupid to fall for him.
I sudde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter