Flashback

The Bodyguard

Kris opened his eyes slowly and his eyes widen. He looked around then realized water was all around him. How did he ended up in this river? He tried to move his hands and legs to keep himself from drowning. But it was useless, he drowned little by little. But suddenly a small hand reach his arm and pulled his head to the surface. He coughed a lot of water but managed to breath properly again.

He looked at the one who saved him. She was small girl with big eyes and long black hair. Her lips were trembling from the cold water but she trying her best to smile at him.

" Thank God, I found you. I'm so scared since you can't swim. Don't worry, Noona is here. You are safe ".

Kris's eyebrows knitted together at the word noona. How comes this little girl addressed herself as a noona? She was around 10 years old and Kris over twenty this year. That girl held Kris's cold fingers to make it warm. He looked at his small fingers and gasped at how small his fingers were. He looked at his broken reflection from the water and gasped. His reflection resembled when he was a kid.

" Yi Fan, listen to me. Noona will hold you and we will swim to river side ".

" It's too far. We won't make it " Kris whispered.

" We will! I told you, I'm the best swimmer in my class. Noona will save you ".

That girl held onto Kris tightly and swam little by little. She was having a hard time and Kris's weight wasn't helping at all. He felt bad for that girl but he couldn't do anything about that. The girl grew tired from swimming and pulling at the same time. But she couldn't give up. Suddenly a woman swam behind them and approached them. The girl's eyes sparked with the joy. But she screamed in horror when she watched that woman's next action. She tried separated the girl with Kris.

" Mom, no! " she screamed.

That woman held the little girl and swam to the river side. Kris tried to move his legs and arms to reach that girl hand. But it was useless. That girl was out of his reached and everything became dark.

" You said you will protect me no matter what. You said you won't let go of my hand.... Why did you lie to me? ".

_______ was taken aback with what Kris said. Did he talk in his sleep? The answer is NO. His eyes were fully opened and he looked straight at her eyes. His eyes looked like he was in so much pain and misery.

" Mr. Wu... what are you talking about ? ".

" I remember.... I remember everything, Noona ".

" No...noona? " she stuttered hearing that foreign word.
 
Kris blinked his eyes several time after he realized with he just said just now. He coughed inside his fist to overcome the awkward situation.
 
" You want me to take you a glass of water? " she asked worriedly.
 
Kris didn't say a word but she took his silence as 'Yes'. _________ hurriedly took a glass and pour the water. Kris secretly watching _______'s every move. He couldn't help but still furious about ______ who didn't want to save Jessica for his behalf. He swore he would do anything to make the company fired her. Kris's gaze landed on her attire. He just realized she was wearing an oversized hoodie. That hoodie looked really familiar. Isn't it Kai's? Great, so when he was unconcsious, she was seducing Kai.
 
" Here " she handed Kris the water.
 
Kris snatched the glass harshly. His fingers accidentally brushed over her hand in the process. From the short contact, he could feel how cold her skin was. He examined her almost dry hair and found it weird. Did she just take a shower or something? He curious about what happen after he lost his conscious but he didn't to ask her. He just too angry to even look at her face.
 
" You can leave now " Kris pulled the duvet and turned his back on her.
 
" But... ".
 
" Just leave " he said in annoyance.
 
" If you need me, I'm waiting outside " she bowed then left.
 
=========================================================================================================================
 
" Hyung, I don't now you can't swim " DO said while helping Kris putting his jacket, Kris discharged from hospital this morning.
 
Kris just stayed quiet. He is not in the mood to talk back and let D.O 'Omma' to take care of him.
 
" What happen after I lost my conscious? " Kris asked D.O.
 
" The bodyguard noona save you.  We weren't even say thanks to her because we were so angry last night. How come she so careless and let this accident happen " D.O said.
 
'So she saved me? Well that's explained why her hair was wet last night '  Kris thought.
 
" But I kinda feel bad after Director Kang slapped her. He must hit her hard, Kai told me her cheek was swollen. No matter how wrong she was, he shouldn't hit her ".
 
Kris was slightly taken a back with what D.O's said. Before Kris could ask another question, Hyunkyun burst into the room.
 
" Guys, what take you so long ".
 
" We are ready " Kris said.
 
" D.O just wait at lobby, manager Sunghwan will pick you up. I will take Kris home. He needs more rest ".
 
 
==========================================================================================================================
 
The rest of the driving to Kris's apartment was quiet. Hyunkyun knew that something was bothering Kris's mind. He just waiting for the right time to say it.
 
" Hyung... ".
 
" Don't even think about it " Hyunkyun cut him.
 
" About what? ".
 
" You are going to fire ________-sshi, right? ".
 
" How did you... ".
 
" The answer, is no Mr. Wu. Director Kang and I already discussed about this last night ".
 
" God " Kris massaged his temple in annoyance.
 
" And don't call me Mr. Wu, you sounded like that annoying bodyguard " Kris continued.
 
" Speak about her, did you know that the one who saved you was your annoying bodyguard? " Hyunkyun asked.
 
" I know, Kyungsoo told me ".
 
" What if I say that she can't swim and has the same phobia as yours? ".
 
" Nonsense " Kris chuckled mockingly.
 
" Go check on her resume and you will stop laughing in instance " Hyunkyun said then gave Kris a folder with some papers inside.
 
Just like Hyunkyun said, Kris stop laughing immediately after reading her resume. Kris looked at Hyunkyun with mix emotion of shock and guilty.
 
" Don't give me that apologetic sight, give that to your oh so called annoying bodyguard ".
 
" If she can't swim and has phobia.... why did she jumped and saved me? " Kris asked, more like asking himself.
 
" Same question goes to you? You know you can't swim and has phobia, why you jumped inside the pool? ".
 
" Because Jessica's leg was cramped and I have to do something to save her ".
 
" No Kris, Jessica was perfectly find when we arrived there. That's why we curious why did you jumped inside the pool ".