Someone From Past

The Bodyguard

" Mr. Wu, what are you.. ".

" Just stay still ".

Kris fingers traced over the bruises, not only one but several ugly bruises. It wasn't new, but the trace was still there. When she got those bruises? Then he remembered about the incident at Mall before. That man must strangled her hardly. She got hurt because of me, again.

Kris leaned closer to her neck. Planted a soft kiss to those bruises. There wasn't any ual intention, no lust involved. He just wanted to kiss away the pain and erase those ugly marks if it's possible for him. Kris slowly opened his eyes, she found ________ looked at him with wide eyes. He quickly pulled himself away and realized what he just did. .

" Y...you... Don't you ever tie your hair into ponytail anymore " Kris blurt.

" But this is the rule. We have to tie our hair unless we have short hair ".

" Then just cut your damn hair, dammit " Kris yelled then went inside his room, not forget to slammed the door.

Kris threw himself on his king size bed. He lied on his back with eyes closed. The moment he kissed her neck was replaying on his mind over and over again like a broken video-tape. Everything was happened so fast and he only remembered ended up kissed her. He didn't know why he couldn't refrain himself. I just want to kiss the pain away and erase those marks if it even possible. Suddenly his phone rang, an incoming call.

" WHAT?! " he asked not in a mood.

" Whoooa.... Son are you on your period? " Kris could hear his father laughed from the other line.

" Dad if you won't say anything important you better hang up. I'm tired and need to catch some sleeps ".

" Well it's not something important but something that you might interested with. It's about _________-sshi ".

Kris got up from his position after hearing her name. 

" What's wrong with her? ".

" Do you like her? You seem so interested about this ".

" Dad just spit it out " Kris groaned.

" Okay... Okay. So something really bothering me since the day I met __________. Her name just somehow familiar. I just can't stop thinking about her ".

" Dad, if you want her to become my step-mother don't bother to say the rest. I definitely object that " Kris rolled his eyes.

" No, of course no. Let's back to the topic. So I looked up through old photo album and barely found one and only picture of your childhood friend....".

There was a pause. Mr. Wu didn't say it directly. That frustrated Kris even more.

" And her name is Lee ________. She was the only friend you had back then ".

" Dad, she is not the only one in South Korea with that name. And if she was the only friend that I had back then I should have recognized her familiar name from the begining ".

" Kris remember, you lost your childhood memory because of an incident you experienced.... with _______-sshi ".

Oh right.

"  I'll send the picture of Lee _________, your childhood friend. The only way to confirm whereas Lee ________ your childhood friend is the same person with Lee _________ the bodyguard is to show her that picture ".

================================================================================================================================

Kris's eyes kept on looking at his own reflection on the mirror. He fixed his hair a little bit more to suite his liking. He sighed as his conversation with his dad last night replayed in his mind.

After your mom passed away, we moved to Korea. You were a quiet and introvert boy, you couldn't make any friends and the language barrier just worsened that. She lived around our neighborhood. She was the one who approached you first. She was a really bright and talkative girl but strangely she didn't have any friend.

Everything went smoothly. I got promotion and I wasn't afraid you would be lonely anymore since you always played with _______-sshi everyday, day and night. But one day our neighbor told me. According to his son,  ________'s mom was really scary so no one wanted to be friend with her but I just shrugged the thought of it.

One day I left work earlier and found you weren't at home. I searched for you everywhere. The same neighbor ran to me and said that you were drowned. I ran to the river near our house. I bumped into __________'s mom. That was the first time I ever saw her mom. I remember ________'s eyes which looked terrified. ________'s mom had that murderous aura. And I just can tell why the other kids were afraid of _________'s mom. 

I put that thought aside and ran to you. You were unconscious and the ambulance was ready to take you to the hospital.  The accident led to a lack of oxygen supply to the brain resulting in memory loss. The doctor said we could try to help return memory when we retell what happened before you drown. And I think ________  knew something since you guys always play together. But when I went to her home, no one was there. That was the last time I saw Lee _________.

Kris searched inside his pocket and looked at the picture of little him with a girl that little bit older than her. He noticed that little girl. She was the one who kept on appearing inside his dreams these past days. His thumb brushed on the girl's face. I don't remember anything.

" Mr. Wu, manager is here ready to pick you up " __________ said.

Kris gathered his belonging and ready to leave. As _________ said, Hyunkyun was already there. As always he nagged Kris about why he took so long. And as always Kris just ignored what he said.

" Let's get breakfast in company, we are in hurry " Hyunkyun gave Kris a cup of americano.

" Thanks " Kris took it and sipped it.

Kris looked around looking for _________. As he finally found her, he almost died choking in his americano. 

" Your hair!! ".

________ just bowed lightly and ignored his words.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys sorry it took so long to update. I hope I don't lose any subscriber. I love you, enjoy ^^