CHAPTER 9

So Nice to See You Again

Key’s POV

 

“When are we going to meet your parents?” Jonghyun whined. I seriously do not have that guts to tell my parents that I’m gay. One, they will either kill me with an object or with their bare hands. Two, they will kick me out of the house and I will become a homeless person for sure. Three, they will accept me for who I am and I’m really hoping for three. I would beg my parents if I had to. Give them all my allowance? No, that will never work. They love me but, they’re just seriously against gay relationships. I don’t see any problem with that.

 

 When I was little, I saw two guys kissing at the playground. My mother would look at them with disgust and cursed under her breath. I looked at both of them, but my mother pulled me away while covering my eyes. I remember how she kneeled down to my height and talked to me face to face. “Honey, those are very bad people. You shall never be like them. They are MONSTERS. Okay?” I remember myself nodding my head without know anything. That just gives me nightmares. Either my mom wants me to be happy or die. I will die without Jonghyun now. He’s the person who made me endure this horrible life. I was planning on killing myself until two angles warned me not to and told me that life was too precious to be wasted. Taemin and Jonghyun, the only people who gave me joy.

 

“I-I don’t know…” I stuttered. To tell you the truth, I am scared. Scared of it so much, maybe more than death. I’m so freaked out that my parents will do something horrible to me. Another side wanted me with Jonghyun and the other side wanted to stay with my parents and act “appropriately”. But you know that I will NEVER do that. I love my parents and I know that they’re the reason why I’m here but…….they’re not making me happy at all. They make me feel nervous, sad, mad, angry, and mostly scared…. I could not think of one time that they’ve make me happy.

 

Jonghyun held me in his arms. I leaned on his shoulder and closed my eyes. “They will find out sooner or later. If you’re not ready, then you can tell them another time.” Another time…. I’m not going to uselessly wait for “another time”. It’s a total waste of time. I’m determined to tell them. “No.” I said sternly. I got up and looked Jonghyun in the eyes seriously. “I’m going to tell them. If they say no…..then….” I don’t know….beg? Why does life have to be so hard? Jonghyun leaned closely to me and whispered, “You know, you always go through hardship first before getting the happy ending.” It’s like he read my mind or something. So, you go through hardship before getting the happy ending? Basically, you have to EARN the happy ending right? I nodded at Jonghyun and took one deep breath. “Let’s go home.” I said. Jonghyun took my hand and walked me home.

What am I gonna do? What’s going to happen? Do I have to do this? Yes……I have to. It’s for the sake of Jonghyun and me. It’s urgent and important. I need to tell them now. I kept walking until I felt something stopping me. It was Jonghyun. He stopped me by pulling the sleeve of my sweater. I turned around and saw my house. I gulped as I glanced at the door. I know that my parents were inside because there were two black Mercedes cars parked in front of the garage.

 

Jonghyun leaned close to me and whispered, “Let’s get this over with.” I nodded my head without making eye contact with him. Jonghyun and I held hands until we were in front of the door. I twisted the doorknob and stepped inside. I saw my dad watching the usual news on TV and my mom cooking dinner. I gulped again and sweat starts pouring down my forehead.

 

 I stepped one more step forward and spoke loud and clear, “Mom, Dad, I have some important news.” Two eyes stared at me with curiosity. “And….” My father said impatiently. All of the sudden, my mother came towards us and greeted Jonghyun. “Jonghyun! You can eat dinner here with us tonight.”   Not for long….. Jonghyun chuckled nervously. “Thanks for the offer, but I have to get home to my parents.” My mother rolled her eyes. “Your house is literally next door! It only takes like five seconds to get to your house. So stay!” Jonghyun nodded and chuckled again. They’ll kick him out of the house in no time. “Mom, Dad! I have something to announce so please listen to me!” I yelled sternly.

 

Finally, all eyes were on me. I closed my eyes and took one extremely deep breath. My was about to literally burst through my rib cage, I swear. “Um….um…..” My agitated and impatient father looked at me and said, “Yes……?” Please understand my love for Jonghyun mom and dad. “Jonghyun and I…..J-Jonghyun and I…..are…….um……” Now my mother looks at me. “Hustle it up Kibum!” Your making it worst mom! “M-me and J-Jonghyun are d-d-d-dating.” My mom, who is holding a plate of cookies dropped it on the floor. Clash! My dad looked at me for a long five seconds. He lifted his cup of coffee and threw it across the wall and stained the wallpaper. “YOU DISGRACED US ALL! YOU DISGRACED OUR FAMILY! HOW COULD OUR SON HAVE SUCH IMMATURE FEELINGS FOR….A MAN?” My mother is still standing there with the look of shock in her eyes. She cupped her face and tears rolled down her chin and her pink compact powder starts to wear off. “GO TO YOUR ROOM KIM KIBUM! ACTUALLY, YOU DON’T DESERVE TO BE A KIM! YOU’RE A HOMO, A , A MONSTER!” I clutched my fists as I try to fight those harsh words. I want to punch his face so much right now. Yes, my own father, who called me a homo, a , and a monster. He’s such a great father isn’t he? The father who cares about their child’s happiness.

 

Jonghyun came over to me and wiped off my warm tears. “AND YOU!” My father pointed to Jonghyun. “GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE! YOU’VE RUINED MY CHILD’S LIFE. NOW GO AWAY YOU !” Jonghyun glared at my father furiously. “WHO ARE YOU GLARING AT? NOW GET OUT NOW!” Jonghyun held back his fist ready to beat up my father. Instead, he bowed down politely and said, “Take care…..” He looked at me once and left the house. My father looked at me with  his face all red and angry. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING FATASS? NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM! YOUR GOING TO FOCUS ON YOUR STUDIES AND NOT BE A HOMO!” I went upstairs without bowing. I wiped off my tears rapidly. I’m ready to kill myself now, for sure. My life is horrible. Why can’t it be like anybody elses? Why can’t I be in love with a girl, a woman. Why did I have to fall for Jonghyun in the first place?

 

I knew it was going to be like this. I knew it all along. My parents were going to yell at Jonghyun and me and that’s exactly what happened just now. I fell head-first onto my bed until I heard a text message notification ring tone.

 

You’ve got a message! You’ve got a message! ^_^

 

I unlocked my phone and it was from Jonghyun.

 

You okay? D: Can you talk to them?

 

I smiled and texted back.

I’ll try…. Let’s hope for the best. :D

 

Jonghyun texted back with a nice message. Well, not really.

 

FIGHTING! :3

~~~~~~~~~~

FIGHTING! <3

 

I shut down my phone and lay back in bed.

 

I have to talk to them. Our relationship can’t end like this…….. I WON’T LET IT HAPPEN…

 

 

 

 

HI GUYS! DIDN'T KNOW THAT I WAS GOING TO BE THIS BUSY. HERE'S A CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WERE WAITING VERY PATIENTLY. IM SO SORRY!!! THERE WERE EXAMS AND HALLOWEEN OF COURSE! ONCE AGAIN, I'M SO SORRY!

 

IF YOU GUYS HAVE AN INSTAGRAM, PLEASE FOLLOW ME! I POST LOTS OF PICS OF SHINEE AND SHINEE MACROS! MY ACCOUNT IS @shineeshallshineforever