That Song

So Nice to See You Again

The school bell finally rang. Key quickly jumped up and ran to Jonghyun’s class in hall A6. He waited for him to come out while the other  10th graders looked at him strangely. “What’s this kid doing here?” “I don’t know, let’s just move.”

 

 Key looked around in the classroom and saw Jonghyun still jotting things down in his notebook. Jonghyun’s teacher spot him and said to him, “Student, do you need anything?” Key shook his head and said, “No, I’m waiting for Jonghyun.” The teacher nodded and walked out of the classroom. Jonghyun stuffed his binder, notebooks and pencil pouch in his back. He carried it with one arm and walked out of the classroom to greet Key.

 

“Hey, were you here long?” Jonghyun is such a gentleman. Key blushed. “No, not long. Hey, I was wondering if you could come to my house today.” Key wanted to let his parents know that he has found his lover again, but then he forgot one important thing. His parents hated homouals. They hated them a lot. They describe them with mean and poor words that could just with just one bad word choice.

 

Forget this, he’ll tell them that Jonghyun is his friend, but then he hates lying. He has to tell his parents one day or another. He doesn’t want to be those teens who run away from home just because their parents didn’t agree on something with them. But when the time comes, he will persuade them one way or another. He will persuade them until they have excepted him and Jonghyun. “Sure, let me just call my parents.” Jonghyun unlocked his phone and dialed in his home number. Oh yeah, I need his phone number.

 

Jonghyun nodded and said yes and ended his phone call with his parents. “Hey, can I have your phone number?” Key asked. “Oh yeah, sure. It’s xxxxxxxxxx.” Key nodded and pinned the numbers and saved it in his contact list. He labeled Jonghyun as his boyfriend. Key smiled, “There.” There was an awkward silence between them for a moment. “So, do you want to you now?” Jonghyun asked impatiently breaking the awkward silence. “O-okay. My house is pretty close here. So, don’t worry.” Key walked Jonghyun back to his house. It’s been so long…. Then Key suddenly remember a song he made up.

 

*You are like a morning sunlight who reminds me every day that it’s going to be a good day.*

*When I wake up, if you’re next to me, I have nothing more to wish for. This is how I want to see you*

*Love, that we can’t experience it because we’re young.*

*Don’t think like that.*

*Before it’s too late, before I grow older, can you hold onto me?*

*I love you, only you, as much as the sky.”

*You are truly the reason I live.*

*You, so much, I just want to hug you like crazy.*

*We’re still going to fast aren’t we?*

Little 4 year old Key always sang those words while holding a pillow when going to bed. He laugh and cry himself to sleep just from thinking about Jonghyun.

 

In the middle of the night, suddenly, Key woke up and grabbed a piece of paper and added more lyrics to his song. He would practice it at night. And when he finally memorizes it, he would go to bed, which is at 5 in the morning.

 

*Whenever our eyes meet, I wonder if that smile grows on my face.*

*Without you, I miss you, I’ll just want you more.*

*My feelings of desire and hope, my love that grows deep again.*

*You know that I can no longer hide my feelings.*

*Can I just call you my one and only?*

*You are my only one, you’re my everything.*

*You, so much, I just want to love you like crazy.*

*Before it’s too late, before I grow older, can you hold onto me?*

 

Little Key wanted to meet Jonghyun one…last….time….. They don’t even have to live next to each other. Just one…..more….time….

 

Key shook his head and returned his attention to Jonghyun.  Key stopped. He realized that he was already at his house, without knowing it. “Here’s my house, Jonghyun.” Jonghyun looked surprised and shocked. “What? What is it?” Key asked. Jonghyun slowly lifted his finger and pointed at the other house. “That’s my house…..”

 

Hey people...the song is One by SHINee....it's just translated. I'm sorry that this chapter is short because I was working on my other fanfic The One Who Made Sparks Fly. IT's also another Jongkey fanfic. You guys can check it out if you want. SEE YA

FROM THE ASIAN FREAK...IMMA GURL