The Jock

So Nice to See You Again

Taemin rushed down the hall because he was really late now. He’s never gotten check off before and he doesn’t want one now.

 

 Taemin looked down the hall to see if there were any teachers or hall monitors. There was no one left. Everybody already went back to their classroom. Taemin ran down the hall as fast as he could and bumped into another student. Taemin fell down the hit his shoulder really hard.

 

“Aish!” He got up and massaged his shoulder. The student that he bumped into was tall and had wavy brown hair. “I’m so sorry! I should’ve looked where I was going. Taemin’s eyes started observing him. Eh, probably a jock. He’s pretty good-looking.

 

 Taemin snapped out of his trance and focused on what the jock was saying. “Ah, it’s alright. It’s my fault.” The jock went towards him and rubbed his shoulder. “I’m really sorry!” Taemin held up his hand to gesture that he was alright. “Thanks. You can go back to class now.”

 

The jock once again said sorry and rushed to his class.  Taemin picked up his supplies and ran faster than he did last time. Taemin bursts through the door and heard the teacher call out his name. “Here!” It was just in time. “Ah, Taemin, you’re here just in time.” Taemin bowed down and walked to his seat all sweat and tired.

 

Key leaned over and asked, “What the hell happened?” Taemin was too tired to speak and just buried his head in his arms. His arm was still aching though, but he kept thinking about the jock. That jock was pretty nice…I guess.

 

Lunch time was already here and of course, Key sat next to Jonghyun. Which met Taemin has to sit next to Key. And we all know that Key talks A WHOLE LOT, especially when he just found his first lover.

 

All he could hear Key say is, “I love you Jonghyun” or “I miss you Jonghyun”. Taemin just rolls his eyes a turns away and try to eat his lunch.

 

 There he was, that nice-looking jock. He had the school’s football jersey on and he was hanging with his friend. The jock left his buds and went towards Taemin. Oh my god, why the hell is he coming here?

 

The jock placed his tray on the table and sat next to him. “Hi.” The jock said simply. Taemin waved his hand and asked, “What are you doing here?”

 

The jock shrugged. “I don’t know. I just felt bad for hurting your shoulder earlier and came to eat with you at lunch.” The jock smiled and stuffed his face with food. For some certain reason, Taemin found his heart thumping rapidly and his cheeks flushed pink. This feeling was weird to him especially. It was different, and unique.

 

 Just then, the jock lifted up his head and asked, “Oh, I forgot to ask. What’s your name?” Why the hell would he want my name? Taemin cleared his voice. “Well, why do you want to know?” The jock shrugged again. “I like to make new friends.” Taemin nodded. “Well, my name is Taemin.” The jock grinned. “Mine’s Minho.” That really does suit him. I still want to know why he wants to be friends with me.

 

Minho continuously stuffed his face. Taemin watched him eat silently. (It’s called being creepy and a stalker, well, not necessarily, but it’s something like that.) Minho glanced up at Taemin and Taemin looked away with his cheeks flushing visibly pink.

 

 He stood up and threw his trash away. That kid is seriously beautiful. No one can be beautiful as him. He placed his tray on the counter and walked back.

 

“Can I have your phone number?” Taemin looked at him weirdly. “Why do you want to know?” Minho rolled his eyes. “I’ve told you! I love to make new friends!”

 

Taemin pulled his phone and said, “Fine.” His quickly grabbed his phone out of his pocket and laughed excitedly as if he got the jackpot.

 

 “Okay it’s XXXXXXXXXXXX” Minho pinned in his number. “Okay mine is……..ah….XXXXXXXXXXXX” Taemin pinned in Minho’s number.

 

“Taemin-ah, let’s become great friends.” Minho wrapped his arm around Taemin’s shoulder. Taemin looked away and flushed bright pink again.

 

I can’t believe he’s my friend! Wait, why do I care? What’s this exotic feeling inside me?