So Goodbye

So Nice to See You Again

 

“Hey stop it!” The 4 year old boy yelled while shielding himself from water.

“Never!”  The other 5 year old guy said teasingly.

 

The two boys are having a water gun fight. They’ve met just last month and now they’re the bestest friends. The younger had little tini-tiny feelings for the older, like a brotherly love. Even though he’s only 4 years old, sometimes, the younger’s heart aches just from thinking about the older. He hasn’t confessed though sadly.

 

His parents say that homoual people are monsters and that he should never be one of those “creatures”. And he listened to them. He never said that he loved the older or anything.

 

He cries every now and then just thinking that he can never confess to his love. He would wake up and have straight hair just from staying in one spot and dried tears on the side of his eyes just from crying all night long. He knew that he cannot stay with the older much longer. He’ll have to be separated from him sooner or later. He knew that he had to move on. They’ll never see each other again nor their love with ever exist…..

 

The younger settled the water gun down. “Let’s take a break.”

“Sure!” The older smiled brightly.

The younger glanced at the ground sadly. His stomach was clutching, his heart was burning, what’s he going to do? The feeling of love is just painful. It’s a curse, it’s haunting, you just can’t get it out of your mind. It stabs him right in the heart.

A single, innocent tear slowly rolled down the poor child’s face.

 

“Why are you crying?” The older asked.

The younger then ran into the older’s arms and buried his face in the older’s chest.

“I love you!”

“What?!” The older said shockingly.

 

At first, the older was surprised. He did not believe that those words just came out of that child’s mouth. Saying the words “I love you”.  When they first met at the neighborhood playground, he didn’t noticed that he had feelings for the younger. But inside, deep inside, he had strong feelings for this beautiful boy. Then it striked him…..he does love him.

 

“I love you too.” The older hugged the younger tightly.

“What?!”

“I said I love you too.”

The younger smiled then started crying again.

“Why are you crying again?” The older asked in a sweet, gentle  voice.

“I’m moving.” The younger sniffled.

“What?! Where?”

“My parents won’t tell me!”

“I’ll make this moment last, for sure.”

Then the older pulled the younger until their lips touched. They let go and the younger touched his lips.

“What did you just do?”

“It’s called kissing. My parents told me that you do that when you love somebody. They do it ALL the time.” The older winked.

The younger then blushed.

“YAH KIDDO! COME IN AND HURRY AND PACK UP YOUR STUFF!” The younger’s dad yelled.

“I have to go.” The younger looked into the older’s eyes with sorrowfulness.

“We have to keep in touch okay?” The older cupped both of the younger’s thin and fragile hands.

The younger nodded.

“You know where my address is right?”

The younger nodded again.

“I’ll be waiting.” The older kissed the younger’s forehead.

“Until then, take care.” The older parted.

More tears rolled down the younger’s face. I’ll keep in touch for sure. The minute I step into my new home, I’ll definitely write a letter.