My New Seatmate and Lab Partner

Let Me Mend Your Broken Heart

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUYAEtUxP6M

 

 

Sooyoung/Your point of view

 

As I was walking back to the building , I spotted Yuri running towards the bulletin board to check what section she was in for the year .  I chuckled at how cute she was when she was in a hurry .  Well , this was my real bestfriend , she always arrives 5 minutes before the gates close .  I headed towards her “Yuri-ah !!!” I screamed excitedly .  She looked at me with a huge smile on her face and ran to me and hugged me so tight that I couldn’t breathe .

 

“Sooyoung-ah !!!!” Yuri said as she hugged you so tight you thought you were gonna suffocate to death .

 

“Yu. Ri. –ah ….. I – can’t – b-breathe !” you said.

 

“Huh ? ohhhh … Mianhae mianhae … I’m just so happy to see you !” Yuri said as she let you go so you could catch your breath .

 

“I’m happy to see you too Yuri-ah ! you said with a smile on your face.

 

“Hey , why are your eyes like that ?  Did you cry ?!” Yuri said in a worried voice . 

 

I couldn’t hide anything from her since we knew each other since we were kids .  My eyes always get puffy when I cry , which I did just a few moments ago .  I looked away without saying anything …

 

“Ya ! Choi Sooyoung … Malhaebwa !  What happened ?  Who made you cry ?” Yuri said.

 

I was starting to forget what happened but it all came back to me , what happened earlier … Yuri will be so upset if I told her … I can’t lie to her either .

 

“You saw them didn’t you ?” Yuri suddenly said.  “Sooyoung-ah … tell me what happened ?”

 

 

Narrator’s point of view:

 

Both of you headed to class because it was going to start soon .  As you and Yuri hurried to your classroom, you told Yuri everything that happened earlier today and she was really upset and shocked.

 

“Aishh !  That 2-timer bastard , how could he say that to you ?!” Yuri said furiously .  “Don’t worry Sooyoung-ah … just be strong and find another man ne ?  And also always remember that I’m here and I will never leave you” she said as she squeezed your hand .. [hahaha ! SooRi moment anyone ? <3]

 

“Thanks Yuri-ah !  I’m so lucky to have a bestfriend like you !” you said with a huge smile .

 

You felt better after you told Yuri everything that happened , and you wouldn’t be seeing the two anyways because they didn’t get into the top class .  So you figured that your day wouldn’t get worse .  You guys arrived just in time before your teacher came in , you took the seat closest to the window and Yuri sat behind you.  The door suddenly opened and your teacher came in and introduced himself .

 

“Good morning everyone and welcome back !” He said with a smile on his face.  “I’m Mr. Jung .  I will be your homeroom and your science teacher for this year.” He continued .  “Oh and before I forget , class , we have a new student this year who will be joining our class !”

 

*gasp !* “So it is true !  This is the first time this happened … No transferee has been put into the top class right away !” a girl in front of you said to her seatmate who nodded in agreement.

 

“Class !  Please calm down and welcome your new classmate .  Mr. Im you may enter now .” Mr. Jung said.

 

“Annyeong haseyo nae irumun Im Woongjae-yeyo but I prefer to be called Siwan, hope we could all be friends !” the new guy said .

 

“Oh my gosh !  He looks so handsome !” the girl said and all the girls except you and Yuri agreed , while the boys who were hoping for a female transferee looked disappointed that there was another competition for them.

 

“Ah yes it’s so nice of you to join us … errr … Siwan , you may sit next to miss Choi over there” Mr. Jung told him.  “Miss Choi please raise your hand.”

 

You weren’t really interested in what was going on so you just stared outside the window when you suddenly heard your name …

 

Sooyoung/Your point of view:

 

*So there’s a new student … what’s the big deal ?  It’s not like the first time we had a new student in school …  It’s not like the first time a good looking guy transferred here either .. sheesh these girls are so …*

 

“Miss Choi please raise your hand.”

 

“Huh ? oh …” you said as you raised your hand.  From behind you , you heard Yuri chuckling and you gave her your stop laughing at me glare and she just kept on laughing .

 

You looked at the new student and immediately recognized him .  He was the guy who you bumped into earlier , the guy who saw you crying in the garden , the guy who heard everything you said about SonJi !

 

He caught you looking at him and he smiled at you .  You suddenly blushed and looked away .

“Okay class , please take out your chemistry book and turn to page 9 ,  we will be learning about Acids and Bases .  We will also be doing our first lab of the year so look at the person next to you , they would be your lab partner for the entire year .” Mr. Jung announced .

 

*Great … just great … sigh , I’m stuck with him !  Just when I thought my day couldn’t get any worse …* you thought .  You looked to your right and you saw Siwan smirking in delight , you rolled your eyes and took out your chemistry book.

 

Siwan’s point of view:

 

As I came in , I spotted her immediately .  This must be fate , and I love it !  As I was introducing myself to the class , she seemed uninterested .  I felt a pang of pain spread across my chest but it all disappeared when the teacher told me to sit next to her .  It got even better when he announced that she was going to be my lab partner ! This is our third meeting Choi Sooyoung , but you still don’t recognize me .