By Your Side

Mr. Loner

  The day was slowly passing by, Minah was concerned about Sungjong since he hasn't been taking notes. Chunji turned around and quickly tossed a paper ball towards them. Sungjong flinched since it hit him in the face. He slowly picked up the note. Chunji then turned around to the front. Minah stared at Sungjong as he unfolded the piece of paper.

 You should just kill yourself. No one is going to miss you anyway.

-Chunji

 

  Sungjong dropped the paper and ran out of the classroom. Minah grew worried. She picked up the paper he dropped and read the message Chunji left him. She was disgusted. Minah got up from her seat and went up to Chunji slamming the paper on his desk.

   "Ms. Bang, what do you think you're doing?" said Mr. Kim.

   "You disgust me! How can you tell him to kill himself?! Huh?! Answer me!" she said yelling.

   The rest of the students looked at each other confused. Chunji just his lips and smirked while looking away. Mr. Kim went up to the two to see the note.

   "Mr. Lee, did you give this paper to Sungjong?" Mr. Kim asked.

   "It's not like anyone will care about him anyway," he said with a calm tone.

   Minah couldn't believe what she was hearing. She hated bullies especially bullies like Chunji. L.Joe chuckled, "Ah, it's too noisy in here," he said boringly. He got up from seat and walked out. Mr. Kim yelled at him to come back in but he didn't listen. Minah then remembered about Sungjong. She quickly ran out of the classroom to look for him.

   Minah ran through the whole building but nothing. She grew even more worried that he might have actually done something. Minah then headed outside and noticed a garden. It was her first day of school and she already seen the whole school and already caring for someone. As she walked through the garden she noticed a body sitting on the grass leaning against the tree. She slowly approached the figure.

   There were quiet sobs as she got closer she noticed Sungjong. Minah sat behind him and put her hand on his shoulder. Sungjong turned around to see Minah looking at him sadly.

   "You can't cry alone, I'll be your friend if you like.." she said.

   Sungjong then hugged his knees and cried. Minah hugged him even though the two just met she felt comfortable around him.The two stayed there for an hour, since Sungjong had fallen asleep. When he woke up, he noticed bimpab and a juice pouch with a note.

 

Sungjong, I left you this here while you were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you.

I hope we can become friends. ^_^

-Minah

 

  Sungjong slightly smiled at the snacks Minah had left him. For the very first time, he felt like someone actually cared about him. Of course, here in school.

   Minah was heading to the bathroom when she bumped into Teen Top.

   "Look who we have here, the girl who stood up for the loser," said Chunji.

   "She's the one who stood up for that kid?" asked CAP. "We have a brave one," he then muttered.

   Minah rolled her eyes at him and tried to walk pass by them when Chunji kept getting in her way, "Move!" she said annoyed.

   Chunji waved his finger and bit his lip, "That's not going to happen, because of you I got detention so i'm going to give you what you deserve," he smirked.

   Minah backed up slowly and ran for it, "Get her!" Chunji yelled at the others. The guys began chasing her and students became curious that they began following Teen Top. Minah kept pushing through the students but then she spotted Sungjong walking towards her with his head down. Minah grew worried, she either hid on her own or took Sungjong with her. The first thing she did was run up to him, grab his hand ran out of the building.

   Sungjong didn't know what was happening until he saw a mob. He then took the lead and lead Minah to a hiding spot that no one knew about but him. The two sat down panting. Minah looked around her surrounding and it seemed a bit dark and it felt lonely even though she was with Sungjong.

   "Where are we?" she asked.

   "A hiding spot I always come to when I want to be alone," he said looking down.

   For the very first time Minah heard his voice. He finally talked to her and she was happy about it, "You talked," she said smiling.

   "Sungjong, from now on i'll be by your side," she said with a sincere voice.

   Sungjong looked up at her and with a small smile, "Promise we'll stick thru thick and thin?" Minah said as she stook out her pinky. Sungjong slightly nodded and interwined his pinky with hers.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you like! ^_^