Inner Pain

She's still here

The sun shone warmly on us, while I stuffed a mouth full of penne pasta. I was hungry, almost starving as I was on class duty at lunch and had to clean up the mess that BAP made purposely for me, knowing it was my turn. My jaws ached from chewing so fast that I didn’t pay any attention to him. Sitting across me he took tiny sips of his latte, looking startled. I paused for a second with a mouthful of food before I swallowed up, wiping my saucy lips awkwardly.

“You seem hungry.”

"I haven't had lunch." I said with my mouth full. He laughed.

"So not funny," I kept eating.

"You're coming to the ceremony right?" He asked. I stopped chewing and stared into his dark eyes. I vaguely nodded.

"Thought so. After you finish we'll go into the mall and pick a dress for you."

"I have many dresses at home."

"I want to buy you one." He rested his head on his hands, as he leaned in closer. I smiled sweetly.

"Okay!"

 

We walked through the mall, entering boutiques one after another. I searched through the formal dresses, mainly black ones.

"Yah, try this." He held up a long, red chiffon cocktail dress. I frowned.

"Black is boring."

"It suites me." I held up the exact same dress but in black. He put the others back and came over.

"Go try it on," He whispered and kissed me on the cheek. I immediately went into the change rooms and shut the curtains. I took off my top whilst a voice nearby almost frightened me to death.

"Hey I like that dress too."

I jumped and looked. It was Katie.

"Holy , what are you doing in here?" I lowered my voice so that people outside won't think I'm a mental talking to myself.

"Don't swear. I'm shopping with you."

"Oh my god, why?"

"Hey you said I could follow you."

"Yes you can but this is getting a little too over the top. At least a two metre distance and also not while I'm stripping."

She gave the pout before walking through the curtains. I finally caught my breath back. I quickly slipped on the dress and looked in the mirror. The velvet shaped my body firmly, fluttering soft material reaching down to my ankles. I in as it was a tad too tight before I walked out.

"Wow it looks amazing." said the lady. I saw his eyes, fixed on me without blinking at all. To be honest, I loved his face at the moment. I walked over.

"How do I look?"

He drew me in closer."Beautiful."

I smiled and looked back in the mirror.

"Do you need a size larger?"

I looked at him, startled. "Is it that noticeable?" I in even more.

"No, it's perfect, but I want you to feel comfortable in it." He handed me the same dress, but a size larger. I smiled.

 

I came out of the change rooms, already exhausted. Katie, on the other hand, walked out from another change room, wearing a floral white wedding dress, posing. My mouth dropped. I gestured her to leave before Yesung saw me.

"Good?"

I nodded. He walked towards the counter to pay. He looked back.

"Don't worry you'll look fab on the day." He winked. I was about to smile back, but I stopped. On the day... will I even make it? I watched as the lady swiped his credit card. I didn't know what I was doing. It hurt to see him wasting money on a dress for me to wear on a day where I might not be still alive for. Tears began to fall. I tried to stop them when he noticed me. He dumped the bags down on a bench and walked over.

"Klara what's wrong?" He put his arm around me. I just kept sobbing, finding it extremely difficult to speak.

I managed to calm down when he wiped my tears with his bare hands. I rested my head on his chest, shutting my eyes, hoping time would magically stop at this very moment.

 

We sat on the soft sand, the wind blowing on our faces whilst the golden sun gradually sank into the horizon.

"Can you tell me what happened?" He finally uttered. I pulled in the blanket that he put around us.

"It's nothing, really."

He gave me the stare. I thought for a moment before I spoke.

"I don't know how to say this to you but, I don't really think this is working." I spat out. Everything went quiet.

"What do you mean?" he asked, confused. I took a deep breath.

"I'm with someone else."

He turned to face me.

"I know I should've told you earlier, I no longer have feelings for you."

He gave a slight ridiculous laugh. "Stop joking, do you know what you're saying?"

The tears were coming. Again.

"I'm not joking. I've been dating someone else, since you've been so busy lately."

"This isn't true." he trailed off. I gave him the serious look. He shook his head and hugged me.

"I don't know why you're saying this. Please tell me what happened."

I was about to give up when I realise I can't. This was it. I forcefully pushed him away and stood up.

"I was crying today because I feel guilty for keeping the relationship with the one I actually like, a secret. I don't think it's fair on him that's why I'm telling you now."

His expression froze, stunned and upset. It killed to see, therefore I looked away pathetically. He stood up, grabbing onto me.

"Klara, this isn't you, tell me what happened!"

"Let go!" I flung away his hands."I already told you. I don't like you anymore, get out of my face!" I turned and sprinted back up the steps and onto the street. I didn't know where I was going but I had to get away. I finally cried, tears overflowing while I ran, blurring my vision. I could barely breathe, like a rock stuck at the back of my throat. I was really tempted to look back. Not only that, but to be in his embrace again. Having to do this was worse than anything, I'd rather be hit by a truck. I ran until his car was no longer visible. Puffing and sobbing, I collapsed on the ground. I cried even harder, tears flowing endlessly, soaking my clothes as my head spun, it hurt to even think. The pain was too extreme no words could describe it, but the thing was, I finally did it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

woah... I haven't touched this since... Anyways here it is. ENJOY ^^