Lonely Spirit

She's still here

I walked down the crowded streets chewing on a packet of jelly beans. I was hungry and I’m not all that thin. Sometimes I don’t feel like eating which is when I become skinny for a few hours and then I gain more weight whenever I start eating again. Although before I die, I’m planning to eat as much as I can and not having to care about anything.

 

There was loud music playing from shops I passed while I toured through separate packs of people. I picked out a red jelly bean from the bag and tossed it in my mouth, before I tasted the sweetness, a sudden eerie breeze shot me from the behind, tickling the back of my neck. I froze for a split second and spun around. No one. Only the people walking up and down the street. I tried spotting for any suspicious or even dark dressed, people hiding behind buildings or cars. There was no sign of anything. I turned back around and started walking. Although the path was cramped, but I could still feel it getting closer. I sped up until I was pushing and dodging past. I know it’s there. My heart beat rose, as I remembered the piece of paper I found in my locker at school this morning that said ‘ you better run.' BAP. It had to be. They’re part of a large gang that owned the other side of the city. I was panicking and about to start running, when I got to a zebra crossing. I didn’t pay much attention to the road. The sensation of the lurking creature was what existed in mind at the moment. I stepped out onto the road, trying to lose the stalker, as a sharp horn sounded before me. I looked to my right watching a truck accelerating quickly towards my way. It wasn’t far away from me. I assumed this was just the end of it until there was another cold gust that as a small grip on my arm swiftly yanked me back. I fell on my side whilst the truck raced past me. I was breathing heavily, with every muscle in my body tightening. I glanced back, expecting to see the person who saved me. There were only the bypasses strangely eyeing me. I was curious, to knowing who it was. Yesung, has a full drama episode to film today, he just rang me after school, and Sammy had to visit her grandma at the hospital. BAP could not possibly save me from a car crash; instead they’ll even push me out the road. After knowing the person wasn’t intending to kill me, gave me a deep breath like loosening a knot inside.

 

I wasn’t sure where I was going until I saw the familiar sign post near my house. My arm still stung a bit from scraping onto the ground this afternoon. I wasn’t sure. I could still feel the unnatural coldness softly blowing behind occasionally. This time, it wasn’t as intimidating as I thought from the start. Even worse was that it felt somewhat friendly. I kept walking, not wanting to deal with anything. I was too tired. I ambled through the gate and towards the porch before I stuck my keys in. I flicked the light on and slammed the door shut, just as the vase on top of the cabinet fell and shattered into little fragments. I jumped, not knowing when or how I actually touched it. I kept staring at the broken glass before I looked around the house. Everything was still and dead. I began to shiver. Something was in the house. I didn’t dare to move a muscle until there was a sudden black shadow that emerged in front of me. I backed away and squealed.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to break it,” Katie. I blinked away with irritation.

“What are you doing here?”

She gave me the most cutest and innocent gaze, not the ones that a ghost would give you. She wore her long black dress again with her perfect brown hair parted on either side.

“I want to know you better,” she mumbled and looked down like a little kid asking for lollies. I thought before I spoke again that maybe she was right. I probably needed someone to assist me once I’m not part of this world anymore. It just seemed as straightforward as that. I went and sat onto the couch, dumping my bag aside, before I noticed she was still standing in the doorway.

“Don’t you want to know me more?” I kind of invited her over. A smile stretched across her face as she skipped over and plopped down on the floor in front of me.

“I don’t have many friends, so please don’t mind if I get a bit annoying,” she confessed.

“When did you start following me?”

“Since last time I saw you at the car park. I didn’t want to disturb you at all, but today I had to help you.”

I eyed her with confusion.

“That was you who pulled me back?”

“Yes, you should thank me for saving your life, allowing you to live longer,” She sat up straight having her hands on her hips. She hasn’t lengthened my life span much longer. I would probably be kneeling to her if I was a normal and healthy person not waiting to die in the next month.

“I thought I couldn’t touch you,” I managed to ask.

“You can’t, but I can. Ghosts are supernatural resources, we know and do a little bit more than humans.”

I didn’t know what she would do all day. Just wander around? Or even stalk some other people.

“Thank you,” I said dryly. She gave a cheesy laugh.

“So what about you? How did you…die?” I added, feeling a bit awkward asking someone that. Her face dropped a bit as she was fidgeting with her dress.

“Car crash,” she replied. Her eyes stared into mine as two round black pearls, shining under the light. I felt slightly wretched. She’s young and well, and has a long way to go. One accident changed everything. Nothing seems to be fair. Neither my parents nor grandparents carried the trait of my disease. It was just an odd case where I happen to be infected some way.

“It must’ve been hard for you.”

I could imagine what it’ll be like.

“It’s just fate,”

“You’re not upset at all?” I was surprised. Someone like her could endure all this and not show it.

“Well of course I would be. Life is precious, but I treasure more the people around me because I’m always by myself,” She was squeezing her hands together. She seemed really anxious.

“Where are your parents?”

“Dad died when I was three and mum went missing four years ago. I live with my aunt,” She bit her lip.

“Don’t you have friends?” She shook her head firmly.

“I was alone.”

I wanted to give her a hug. I know she wouldn’t lie to me. I could see sympathetically where she’s going at. She was lonely and no one would care if she died as she wasn’t loved. However, this made me feel remorseful towards her side even more. She was simple, and not a messed up cloud like me. She could’ve had more sorrows, which she didn’t luckily to her isolation from the world, she hasn’t experienced the bitter feeling of leaving the person you loved.

“But now I have you, a best friend,” she smiled with freedom. A true and warm smile. I couldn’t remember the last time I smiled like that. My cousin used to say, enjoy the last taste of life, before it melts. I’ve emanated with this rare aliment, I’m expected to end this life with a momentous smile.

“Yes, you won’t be alone anymore. I will join you soon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Someone....help me with the paragraphs...