Fake Smile

She's still here

I pulled her along, stumbling over the soft sand. The wind was strong, blowing hair in my face.

"Klas! Where are we going?" she yelled.

"We're here." I jogged over. He noticed me, surprised while drying himself with a towel.

"Klara?" he guessed. I smiled and nodded.

"Nickhun, I'm on the edge right now, I really need your help," I managed to ask.

He stared at Sammy, then back at me.

"Help with what?"

"It's hard to explain, I just need you for one day."

"You have your boyfriend," he smirked, sitting down and tapping his phone. I looked at Sammy. I could tell him the whole story, but I don't particularly want many people to know I'm going to die soon. Although telling him that I need a random guy to help me dump someone probably won't convince him considering last time I turned him down.

"It's actually about him." I squatted beside him.

"Great, you don't need me then," he refused, eyes still glued to the phone. I was about to explain when Sammy jumped in front of me.

"Look, this is really serious, do you want her to die with regrets?"

I yanked her back. "Sammy!"

Ignoring me, she continued. "She only has two weeks left."

He finally gazed up at me.

 

 

Sammy gave a signal, while she waited for her drink, in her black clothes and a cap.

"Right, let's do this," I said forcing the smile as we sat closely together on the couch.

"You really have to do this?" He asked, putting his arm around me.

"Unless you can think of another way." We laughed, acting and exaggerating. I saw Yesung at the corner of my eye, lining up in the queue.

"Stop staring, you're making it obvious," he pointed out. I switched my attention away.

He finally turned towards us. I put on the biggest smile I had and under the pressure, I kissed Nickhun on the lips. He looked at me unexpectedly as his cheeks went bright red. I could feel him, staring at me, his voice creeping into my head asking why. It was the longest few seconds of my life, I held everything in. I threatened myself not to look, still pretending to be the sweet couple he saw us as. The pain corrupted as waves of imaginative lightning me. I felt awfully alone and lost. My saliva tasted bitter and my throat was dry as I kept swallowing. I took deep breaths trying to distract myself with whatever I can. It never hurts this way to smile. I never thought it'd be so hard. He finally took his coffee and walked out. I almost fainted, letting my cheek muscles rest. I let everything out as tears refused to stay in, I cried into Nickhun's shoulder. I knew other people would be staring awkwardly but it all didn't bother me. The severe aching of my head was about to burst I just felt like going to sleep and forgetting everything.

"Klara?" I heard Sammy.

"She needs some space." I only just realised how close we were until his voice echoed above me. I sat up straight.

"Sorry," I murmured.

"Are you okay? I might go see if he's still around, oh and this, I bought for you." She placed a drink in front of me and walked off.

I drank the coffee, as the swelling of my eyes faded.

"Do you ever think you're a bit hard on yourself?"

I stared into his bright eyes.
"It can't really get any harder."

"You don't have to do this, maybe you can work something out?"

I shook my head and smiled. "It's the best for him."

"What about yourself?"

"I won't be here for long." - I shrugged, "Doesn't really matter." I leaned back on the soft couch trying desperately hard not to picture his face.

"Wow," he said in defeat.

"What?"

"I really wish I had a girlfriend like you."        

I laughed softly. "You don't."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey hey, a short chapter here.... I do apologise it's not very clear, hope you guys know what's going on!

And omg why is this chapter so cheesy... IM SO SORRY 

I actually hate it.... one of my worst chapters haha 

Anyways please subscribe! ;) And please tell me if it's really bad...