Protective One

She's still here

You know you hate it when you leave early for school during a lunch break so you’re just walking out through the quad where everyone hangs out in order to get to the front gates. The worst part is that they all stare coldly at you like you’ve just killed someone when really you’re just trying to leave this stupid place. Even worse is when all members of BAP stands right in front of the gate, blocking your way.

"Are you just going to walk past us?" Yongguk’s voice echoed loudly in my ear drums.

I kept my head facing down trying not to show my face as I could feel them walking towards me. Zelo lifted my chin up.

"So why you leaving? Not much fun without you." I stepped back gripping hard on the strap over my left shoulder.

"I’m ill," my voice was shaking as I could feel the sweat down my back, tickling my nerves. Great thanks to Sammy who took me to the beach yesterday when it got really windy just as we started to head back.

"Or are you avoiding us?" Daehyun suddenly grabbed onto my arm. I pulled back but the other members dashed behind me and held me down onto my knees. I struggled hard but they were far beyond my strength. I called for help but there were no teachers in sight and the other kids were laughing instead and cheering on them. Zelo forcefully my school bag in the air and I watched as it landed right in the bin.

"Another three pointer," he shouted as the kids around started clapping. At this very moment,  I felt like a complete ragged doll. Yongguk then bent down in front of me.

"You're not ill. Stop pretending." He began to undo my top button of my school dress whilst one of them were filming with a phone. I fought hard to break free but my knees were pushed down into the rough gravel and my arms were twisted in a painful position.

"Please Yongguk, don’t do this," I begged desperately for at least one chance of mercy, just as they all paused. My whole body was shaking and my heart was jumping around inside right about to explode.

"No mercy." His face went cold after a slight smirk. He tightened his clutch on my dress until it was all scrunched up just about to rip apart. I tried to keep breathing but it was hard. No one was there to help me. I always have to suffer this kind of harassment whenever I come across them, or if lucky enough I don’t. However, they’ve never gone this far before. It’s giving me the biggest fear ever, in which I always get dragged down by. I thought this would just be the end of me just when I heard a loud whistle that made them flinch. I fell onto my side as they had loosened their grip. They backed away from me as if they were being aware of something.

"Stop! Everyone back off, shows over."

I glanced up. A figure was standing in front of me, firmly telling them off.

"Yah, just playing around with friends, nothing serious," Yongguk teased as he gestured s to leave. The other kids also left, leaving this place deserted. Just as I’m having that feeling of being left alone again. All I felt was exhaustion. Physically and mentally. I could hear footsteps approaching before a supportive hand embraced my arm, lifting me back on my feet. It was Miss Lee, our Music teacher.

"Klara, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" She brought me over to a nearby bench which we both sat on. Without giving much eye contact I briefly shook my head. She sighed.

"You know you should oppose to what they’ve been doing and complain in a parent interview." Her pale face showed complete support and confidence, yet it cannot solve this rivalry.

"Nah, I’ll be fine," I quickly said, hopefully she understands that teachers can never interfere with students’ conflict even within the school.

"But they’re going to keep doing this to you. You should tell the Principal. He can propose a confrontation. Don’t give up, there’s justice in society." She somehow is starting to irritate me. Either teacher’s actually know nothing about our violent circle of teens thinking that I won’t be bullied after a simple Friday detention or a warning note. Even if they get a suspension, I won’t be safe or relieved as they have much power even in the outside world. I understand that she just wants to bring me back out of the dark hole, but without doubt, it’s just a waste of time. I looked at her truthfully.

"Yes, there is justice in society. But it just doesn’t belong to me."

Her face gradually dropped, but still maintaining that expression of hope.

"I’m really tired, I need to go. Thank you so much," I spat out as I stood up and swiftly walked off before she could hold me back.

 

 

I watched as all members rehearsed the live performance of ‘y Free & Single’ and ‘From U’. Their manager was in a fairly pleased after Super Junior got in the top ten popular items worldwide, finally letting me watch one of the rehearsals. I love all their albums, but I especially like the music video of ‘SPY’ especially because that everyone’s hair is gelled up and out of the way, whereas Yesung still had the ‘forehead cover up’. His freshly dyed red hair shone bright in the spot light, contrasting with the others who only had normal hair colour or it could be that I pay too much attention on him. I felt the slight awkwardness every time he sang, purposely towards me. Strangely, it passed shivers in my shoulders however; it somehow turned out to be quite a sweet thing.

 

I automatically stood up when the director announced a break. They all gave a smile in relief on their red, puffed faces. Yesung slowly ambled over, giving me the impish smirk. I stuck my tongue out, before I broke into a quiet laugh.

"Something tells me that you’re here not just for me but a sneak peek at our new album," He dumped his arms over my shoulders and around my neck, slowly pressing me back. I grabbed his arms, replacing them around my waist for me to put mine around his neck.

"New album? I seriously had no idea."

He enclosed his arms, drawing me in closer. I could feel his breath on my dry skin whist he leaned in about to give me presumably a long memorable kiss. But before he could, I pushed right away.

"Yah you should see yourself right now, you look like a wet rag," I teased as I yanked the white towel off the table, tossing it at him. I chuckled, watching him wipe his flushed sweaty face.

"Dammit! How could you forget that?!" Alarmingly, our heads shot up to the loud, demanding voice of the director that spurted across the studio. As usual, he started throwing a tantrum at a staff with his head tipped down.

"Do you ever do anything right?" Everyone paused towards them. The guy kept apologising, not daring to glance up at the aggressive creature as his whole body trembles. I looked to Yesung awkwardly, who gave a concerning shrug. I quickly took a short glimpse back at the scene before I smiled deviously and strolled over. His voice got louder as I got closer.

"Sorry to interrupt but just wondering do you need something? If you don’t mind I can help," I kept my gentle tone hoping it’ll put out the fire. He stared at me whilst his wrinkles slowly disappeared around his forehead.

"Ugh, yes that’ll be great, um, well someone, – He gave the staff a sharp gaze. "Left the scripts in my car, but I can’t leave now. It should be in the front seat," his tone dropped as if serving a customer. Since he’s in charge of their MV’s, he gets more sensitive than the manager themselves. However, he seems to be less concerned today, but who knows what will happen next. Maybe someone will start the fire again. Assuming not towards me, given that I picked up the cheque he dropped on the ground a few weeks ago. I took the jingling keys he gave me and headed out the room.

 

I pulled the door open, entering the cool, smoky car park. It was empty as I heard my own footsteps echo across the neatly lined up vehicles. I looked around, not knowing what car I’m looking for, but as expected, I walked into the middle and pressed the unlock button. I waited for some random car to go off, but nothing happened. An irritated breath escaped me as I just stood there not knowing what to do. I looked over the parking area hoping to see some manager or director walking passed, and that’s when I saw a figure hiding behind a black truck. I pulled out my umbrella, as I took closer steps. I couldn’t see it but I know it’s there, staring at me. I finally got to the corner of the truck. With my heart beating faster every second, I broke forward and around, raising my weapon, about to swipe the enemy, but it’s not what I thought.

“Ah!” She squatted down with her hands covering her head. My arms dropped as I sighed. She slowly removed her hands, peering up at me. She awkwardly stood back up and eyed me for a moment. There was a strange feeling I had about her. Do I know her? She had long brown hair, fixed to one side and she wore a long black, frilly dress covering her feet. There was a short moment of anxiety as I couldn’t figure out what I was meant to be doing, whilst she walked off. I hesitated.

“Hey you, stop there, do you know which is Director Jung’s car?” I called out to her. I was quite loud, I heard my voice ringing my ears. She kept walking, like she didn’t hear me at all.

“Excuse me, but could you please help me?” She stopped and turned around. She seems confused. She glanced around her, like she was looking for someone.

“Me?” She raised her eyebrows. I nodded. Her eyes widened as if she has come across something horrid.

“You…can see me?”

I paused. There was a sudden breeze, hitting me from behind. I felt cold. Really cold, inside and out. I knew something wasn’t right. She walked up to me, surprisingly with silent paces. She smiled and extended her hand out to me.

“Hi, my name’s Katie. It’s nice to meet you Klara,”

How does she know my name? Who is she? I grabbed her hand, but unexpectedly, it went straight through like she was invisible. I started shaking.

“Oh crap, you’re still alive, I shouldn’t have been too excited. Wait, if you’re alive, how can you see me?”

I searched around for anyone there, but it was like a deserted arena. I dug my fingers through my hair and rubbed my eyes.

“What are you talking about? Who are you?”

She looked down, and thought for a while.

“Whatever, I’m probably going to get in trouble for this, but I might as well tell you. I’m actually your companion ghost. My job is to help you adapt to the lifestyle of a spirit. We’re meant to start following our allies a week before they die to have an idea of their past lives, but I got too hyper when I got noted about this, so I chose to stalk you earlier.” I thought I was dreaming for a second, but I know it’s not. It all seems too real. Maybe it’s my symptoms causing hallucination again, or possibly someone’s doing a prank on me by getting some random girl to act a ghost just to fool me. I know I will die soon, although something as ridiculous as this shouldn’t happen. I started marching back towards the door.

“Hey where are you going? I’m not lying! I’ll prove it to you!”

I ignored her as I took one more step forward, a body swiftly appeared in front of me. I gasped. Katie.

“See? Now you believe me?”

I could feel my face scrunching up.

“I believe you” I muttered. She started clapping, jumping up and down.

“Yay! We can be friends.” She seems really young, and not mature enough.

“If you’re really a ghost, can you tell me when I’m going to die?”

“Yeah, you’re dying on the… - she stared up at me.

“I can’t tell you! It’s against the rules.”

“No Katie, please I really need to know, it’s important,” I implored her.

“I’m sorry but no one is allowed to know the day of their death,” She blinked away and walked past me. I whipped around to stop her, but she wasn’t there anymore. Like she had disappeared through a cloud of smoke. I fell to the ground. I don’t know what I’m going through right now. What do they expect me to do? I felt tired. I heard the door open with a squeaky noise as heavy footsteps sounded before me.

“Klara what are you doing?” It was Yesung. I couldn’t think as tears started falling. I pulled myself into him, and started sobbing. He gradually wrapped his arms around giving me the protection I needed right now.

“It’s okay,” He whispered softly in my ear. I know I am, but what about later on? I don’t want to leave. I thought there would be solutions, but people have just been supporting me with fake hopes. But, if there’s really no way out… then how did I get in?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is a really weird chapter.....I don't know how I came up with it, but here it is :) Also sorry to any BAP fans... I'm a fan too and I think they really suite the badass type :)

Happy reading ^^