The Unforgettable

She's still here

 

"Klara! What are you doing, talk to me!"

I pulled the sheets over my head.

"Please," she begged.

I ignored her before she went silent. I assumed she left when she suddenly appeared under the sheets, right next to me. I screamed.

"Katie, what do you want?" frustrated, I threw the sheets on the ground.

"I just want to talk."

"I have nothing to talk to you about." I lay back onto my pillow, with my back facing her.

"Yes you do. What's wrong?"

"Everything," I groaned. She finally stopped. I looked back, but she was gone. I sighed and closed my eyes. My mind was totally lost, in a sea of complete war and misery. All I could think of was his face after I left. It's like everything was turned upside down and what I had is never going to come back. Moments later, I thought I was dreaming. I opened my eyes, trying to figure out where I was. Before I drifted away again, I heard the opening of a door. My eyes were wide open, as swift footsteps approached. I sprang out of bed before I heard Sammy's voice. She walked in through the door, frantic and worried.

"Klas what happened?"

I sat back down on my bed.

"I told you, you didn't have to come," I said, tiredly.

"What? You're the one who told me you were almost dying." She showed me a text on her phone.

Confused I replied, "I didn't send that text." I then looked over to my table. My phone was gone.

"How did you get in?"

"Through the front door, it wasn't locked," she said.

I glanced around. "Thanks Katie," I mumbled.

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

She sat down beside me.

"You didn't come to school today, what's going on?"

I shook my head, "Just tired."

"So not true!" Katie jumped out of nowhere, with her hands on her hips. I glared at her before chucking a pillow.

"Wow, no need to throw things. What did you do this time?" Sammy asked, seeing she couldn't see Katie at all.

I took a deep breath. "I broke up with him."

She eyed me, totally shocked before breaking into a grin. "That's not very funny."

"I'm not joking. I told him yesterday that I like someone else." I said in a wobbly voice, knowing that tears would be escaping. I took a sip of water.

"Are you high?"

I punched her arm.

"Ouch! I'm serious, what are you trying to get?" She stood up.

"It's easier this way, and you don't have to feel bad for doing it for me." I explained, maintaining the calmness. I tried not to reveal my stressed look in case she does something stupid to help me. She sighed, looking distressed and gave me a tight and supportive hug. I could see she was almost crying.

"You're crazy," she said quietly. I hugged her back.

"Learnt it from you."

 

 

"Great one Klas," mocked Sammy as she put the mask on.

"You didn't have to come," I said, sweeping the ground.

"No one knows how to take care of your other than me."

We cleaned the streets, in our navy blue uniform we borrowed as I constantly watched the photo shoot in the middle of the park until I finally saw him. I quickly threw my broomstick on the ground and hid behind a tree, eyes still permanently attracted. He was in a white suit that shone brightly under the sun, light brown hair, perfectly matching his eyes and holding a bunch of bright coloured balloons.

"Is that why we're here, pretending to be some trash cleaners so you could stalk him."

I turned around. "I just want to see him for the last few times."

"Last few times?" she raised her eyebrows.

"You know what's going to happen to me next," I rolled my eyes.

"And we totally needed to dress up looking like complete freaks."

"How should I say this? He's creepily smart he can recognise a piece of my hair."

She grimaced. I whipped back around, catching his attractive, natural smile while positioning for the camera. A pearl of fluid slid down my cheek which I swiftly wiped away.

"I know this will sound cruel but it's probably better to not see him at all."

I nodded, covering my face with my hands. "It's unimaginable how much I'm going to miss him."

Sammy put her arm around me while I in the tears.

"But he won't forget me that easily. What should I do?" I rested on the cold ground. Sammy shifted her gaze to the photo shoot, biting her lips.

"You said you told him you were with someone else." she sat down next to me.  

"Yeah."

She stopped. "I feel so guilty for telling you this."

"Just say it!" I demanded desperately, almost screaming.

"They best way is to actually show him."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys... I just realised my story involves a lot of crying and I'm sick of coming up with different descriptions for it... meh oh well :)

Please subscribe! :D