Death is better than here

The plague doctor's

Kyuhyun and I woke opposite eachother in different cells. The area looked like your normal prison, which led me to believe we had been taken to the local prison nearby. My dongsae was frantically searching his cell for a way out, and even though his face was covered by the fox mask, I knew he was frightened.

“Kyu, Kyu can you hear me?” I whispered trying to gain his attention.

“Hyung, your awake, thank God.” Kyuhyun called back making me smile. I didn’t know what I would do if I had lost him.

“I’m sorry about this Kyu, I didn’t want you to get hurt.” I said easing closer to the bars. I smiled when he did the same.

“It’s okay, I’m fine they just threw us in here.” Kyuhyun explained.

“You were awake?” I asked confused.

“Barely, I awoke on the way in but made sure they didn’t notice that.” He replied.

“Good thinking,” I praised. Kyuhyun smiled at me before we heard a door open. Quickly the two of us waited for the footsteps to draw closer and appear to us. I felt my blood run cold when I saw the masked figure of three doctori being led in by the young girl who had brought us here. Upon closer inspection, I noticed she didn’t look any older than an eighteen year old girl. Her long raven hair had been cut short making it jagged looking. Her eyes were red and slitted and her skin pale white.

“Well, good morning to you boys,” the girl greeted with a sickly looking smile. Neither Kyu or I returned her welcome.

“So quiet, well anyway these three here are doctors and we would like to place you in surgery.” The girl beamed as she walked to Kyuhyun’s cell. I screamed, begging for them to leave my dongsae alone. I shook as Kyuhyun’s  screams filled the cells.

“Please let him go take me!” I pleaded as one of the Doctori grabbed his hair.

“We will see what all he can tell us about your little organization. But don’t worry you won’t be alone soon, we’ve already sent Doctori to your hiding place.” The woman stated. I blinked before flaring at the woman.

“You’re sick,” I hissed as Kyuhyun was taken from the room.

“I’m still alive,” was her comeback before I was left in darkness.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

I watched in horror. They lied when they said death was like slow motion. It isn’t, and as I saw the look of horror an surprise on his face I knew I wouldn’t survive. I couldn’t scream as the Doctori’s blade sliced his flesh. His head slid off his shoulders as his body hit his knees and then the ground, moistening it with his blood. My eyes watered as I felt my anger boil over as I ran forward uncaring if I lived or not. Because I knew I would die, but I was happy. The Doctori slowly turned to me raising its dagger; I knew it wouldn’t behead me. It was too low. My breath hitched as I hugged close to it. Its long beak touched the side of my head as I felt my blood dripping from my chest. I screamed in pain as it slowly withdrew its weapon from my chest. I fell to the ground gasping for any air I could find as my hand searched for my lover’s cold dead hand. We had been too eager to begin the mission. We hadn’t paid attention well enough and it cost us. My eyesight was getting blurry, but I could see the Doctori leaving. I returned my gaze to his cold dead stare and felt my breath become harder to inhale. I felt so sorry for him. He didn’t even have to be here. We were both in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now we were both dead on the streets alone. I closed my eyes knowing I would see him again soon. I whispered the final thought aloud as I released my final breath.

“Henli,”

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

So far so good, no Doctori were in sight. I knew he would appear soon, and Hyukkie and I would cover him. That was our job, to cover Minwook as they fulfilled their mission. It had been a joint order from both Hankyung hyung and Leeteuk hyung. Both men were my leaders.

“Hae, get ready, I see Wook,” Hyukjae whispered as he readied the sniper rifle in his hands. I nodded, as I too got ready to act. My eyes trained on the smallest member before noticing he had a slight limp.

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked as Hyukjae studied him through the scope.

“His leg is injured, but I can’t tell the extent from this angle.” He replied as I noticed Doctori following in behind the limping boy. Hyukjae began firing as I raced down the fire escape to grab Ryeowook. The boy yelped before noticing me and smiling.

“Minnie hyung should be close behind me.” He said as we waited. I looked behind us and jumped as a masked object came towards us. I pulled Ryeowook behind me, grabbing my pistol, when the object raised his hands and removed his mask slightly.

“It’s me, calm down. I got the file.” Sungmin hissed as he moved closer so we could climb up to join Hyukjae on the roof.

“Wookie, your limping what’s wrong?” Sungmin asked eyeing his partner.

“Oh it’s nothing, I just got bit by something in the sewers, nothing to worry about.” He replied as I quickly checked his wound. It was red, but nothing to horrible.

“Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get infected.” I instructed before Hyukjae came to our side.

“Let’s move,” he instructed making us nod before making our way to the rendezvous area to meet Hankyung and the others.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

The whole place was chaos, as we raced to find an exit not covered in Doctori. This place was supposed to be safe, why were our nightmares here?

“Leeteuk come on,” Kangin called pulling me pass some children who were crying for their parents. Fire was raging all around us as smoke made it nearly impossible to breathe.

“Kangin, we can’t leave them,” I whimpered.

“Leeteuk, we are in an age where it’s all men for themselves,” Kangin whispered, his eyes filled with pain and sadness. I knew the sight hurt him just as much as it hurt me. The farther we went towards another exit, the more dead bodies we saw of adults and children littering the ground. I held my breath from the burning corpses as I tried to find a safe exit. This was the world now, we were doomed to die.