Bad Timing

Mission Impossible II

A/N: Hey my awesome, patient readerssss!!!! Thanks for not unsubscribing to my fic, even though I took such a long time to update>< *bows*. I didn't really think I'd be updating this until after my last paper on Tuesday, but I just checked my account this morning, and I felt so grateful that none of you guys unsubscribed (and that I'd actually gotten one more subbie), and so I decided that I had to update sometime sooner than Tuesday, because then I'll have a full blast of softball training, and the ideas wouldn't leave me alone, and I felt like I was going to go crazy if I didn't type it out to get it off my mind...so here it isssss... >< Whoo.

 daejae_gif_by_smoran-d5czhva.gif

Hahas, not really sure what this is about, but i think it's an ad for somethinggg...it looks like an egg to me?? O.o

 

Daehyun gave the hyung a look that was somewhere between polite interest, and slight disdain.

"I'm...trying to...ESCAPE." The hyung stopped squatting and standing up, trying to rub the ropes that bound his hands against the wall that (probably) used to be white. It didn't work at all, and he'd gotten frustrated, and yelled the last word.

Daehyun's eyes widened as he flung himself at the other guy, trying to stuff his shoulder into his mouth, getting him to shut up. They couldn't afford to let their captors know they were trying to break out of their cell. Duh.

Both guys snapped their heads around, when something slammed against the door of their cell (one of their prey probably kicked it or something). Nothing else happened, and Daehyun slumped back down, relieved. 

"Lower your voice, pabo," Daehyun rolled his eyes. He looked at the guy who had resumed trying to use the friction between the wall and the ropes to break them. "Only works in movies." Daehyun said pointedly, and leaned against the wall, closing his eyes in concentration while he tried to think of a more plausible way to free themselves.

Daehyun's cellmate took one look at where he had slumped down, and shut his eyes, and scoffed, loud enough so Daehyun could hear clearly, and long enough so that Daehyun could'nt ignore it.

"Better than you. Look! You're not even doing anything, for pete's sake. Stop sleeping! At least I'm trying."

Daehyun didn't even bother opening his eyes.

"Yeah, trying something useless. Don't waste your energy." Daehyun stretched his aching arms as far as they would go. Holding them bent against his sides was making them cramp up.

Daehyun's eyelids slid open a little, as he scanned the floor of their prison, looking for a shard of glass, a jagged pebble, a broken bottle-- anything that was sharp enough to cut through rope. The room was dim, so Daehyun couldn't really see much, beyond shadows cast by the single lightbulb on the ceiling, so Daehyun hopped about on his bound feet, searching the room. He knew he looked ridiculous, like he was impersonating a frog or something, but Daehyun was desperate not to let Youngjae free them. He didn't want the boy, nor his own pride to get hurt.

"What are you doing?" the hyung asked behind him, and Daehyun just ignored him, focusing on the floor. Daehyun remembered all the junk--broken bottles, coke cans, strewn around on the floor outside the cell, where the girl had been when he'd entered the basement for the first time. There had to be something in this godforsaken cell too.

Deciding that hopping about was too tiring a method to travel around the room, Daehyun lay down on his side, curled into a ball, and started rolling towards the far corner to check. He ce, twice, thrice...

"Ow!" Daehyun uncurled himself, jerked his back off the floor, and rolled onto his tummy, wincing. He'd not expected that.

"What is it? What happened?" Daehyun could hear the hyung shuffling towards him on his bound feet, and soon two black converse shoes appeared in front of his face. Daehyun turned his face to see his cellmate peering worriedly down at him. Daehyun had found a shard of glass, in the most painful way possible.

Daehyun grunted in pain as a reply, and pointed his chin to his back, where the wet redness was starting to seep through his shirt. He heard the guy draw in his breath, making a sympathetic hissing sound.

"Ow..." the hyung agreed.

"Get...it out. Please." Daehyun looked at the guy, hating the way he sounded so helpless. The hyung stared at his back, and nodded once. "'Kay." Daehyun stretched out on the floor, and tried not to think of the pain. Hell, he was a spy, he wouldn't be affected by the stupid pain of one shard of glass in his back. No, he would be strong, he would be brave.                                                                                           

 Daehyun could feel the older boy fumble around with his hands, turning around and trying to pull out the shard with his bound hands tied behind his back, but without his eyes to guide his fingers, all he managed to do was to press the offending piece of glass even further into Daehyun's back, making him groan. Daehyun turned around slightly, clutching the hyung's arm desperately.

What did the idiot think he was doing?!

Daehyun opened his eyes to glare at the hyung, but screwed them tightly shut after he saw the guy lean closer, and felt him kneel on the backs of his upper thighs, to gain better access to the annoying piece of glass. Daehyun's cellmate leaned down, so that he was beside Daehyun's ear. Daehyun shuddered involuntarily, thinking of what was going to happen next.

"This is going to hurt." The guy sounded apologetic already.

"Yeah. I know. So just hurry up. Do it." Daehyun spoke through gritted teeth.

"God. You're supposed to be screaming at me not to hurt you, because it'll really hurt, and if you die from the pain, I don't want the rest of your fanclub trying to kill me. It's a huge piece of glass stuck in your shoulder, you know? Are you even human?"  The hyung sounded confused, and even though Daehyun felt like his back was on fire, he couldn't stop himself from rolling his eyes at the floor in front of his face.

"No, I'm an alien. I thought you were a fan?" Daehyun said sarcastically, before uttering a small, "Quickly.", to hurry the guy.

Daehyun ckenched his jaw when he heard the small clack of the hyung's teeth closing around the glass, and his warm breath on his neck as he exhaled deeply. This couldn't hurt all that bad. Daehyun tried out self hypnosis. Daehyun would bear it like the adult he knew he was, and...and...and...

Oh. Oh. Oh. It hurt. Bad.

The uneven edges of the glass tore the skin even further, as the hyung wiggled the piece around, and let Daehyun have a feel of how big the piece of glass really was. Panting and groaning a little, Daehyun couldn't help wondering what something like it was doing in their cell.

"Ah!" Daehyun's mouth fell open slightly when the glass was removed from his shoulder, and he released a breathy moan that didn't sound like him at all.

The door was flung open, and both captives froze.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When Youngjae reached the prey's basement, he stopped near his only exit, not daring to go any further in, until his eyes adjusted to the gloom. It hadn't really been all that much of a difference really, he realised now, when he'd entered at night, but now, he had just left the sunny (and friendlier) morning of the outside world behind him when he stepped inside, and boy, was it dark.

He felt a twinge of sympathy for all the people trapped inside the hell-hole. He would get Daehyun and his hyung out no matter what. How dare they do anything to them. They would pay. He calmed down his breathing from running all the way from the dorm, and scanned the room, eyes adjusted now.

The big space was still littered with random rubbish strewn around, and Youngjae briefly wondered how long it had been sinc someone had cleared the place up. Probably never.

Turning his mind back to the mission at hand, Youngjae hid in the shadow shrouding a small indent in the wall, which Youngjae barely squished himself into. Movement caught his attention, and he turned to look at where one of his prey stood over the people huddled against the wall, casting yet another ominous shadow over them. Youngjae wanted to scream out at him not to hurt them--god knew he had done enough damage to them already, when he saw the guy take something out of his pocket, shoving it into one of the girls' faces.

"Eat."

Well. That was unexpected. At least they feed them here. Youngjae mused to himself, but when he creeped nearer, his newfound relief melted away, and he looked at the food the girl had surprisingly ignored, uninterested. It was moldy birthday cake, way beyond it's sell-by date. It couldn't even be counted as food. Youngjae finally realised how the rubbish accumulated in this room. He was disgusted, and he made sure his prey felt his disgust when he whammed the guy over the head, and used a liquid-soaked handkerchief to cover his face.

The man slid to the floor, knocked out. Youngjae released his hold on him, and let the guy fall. He looked at the huddled people, and at least expected them to look relieved that one of the threats was gone, but they didn't move, didn't show any emotion. Youngjae felt cold, and stepped away from them.

He turned around to meet the second prey, who had come running after hearing the slight scuffle.

"You--" Youngjae sluggishly dodged the first blow, then blindly shoved the handkerchief to his face, because Youngjae knew he couldn't avoid the blows for long. The man struggled against Youngjae's desperate hold for a while, then slid down, like his partner before him.

Youngjae held up the bottle he clutched in his hand. Chlorofoam. It was what his hyung used whenever he had to steal away suspects and press them for information. Youngjae had never realised how useful the stuff was to agents like Youngjae and his hyung. They weren't really agents that were all that physically...active. Youngjae prefered solving puzzles mentally. The chlorofoam helped Youngjae knock out their prey when they didn't have enough strength to do so manually. He tossed the bottle in his hand once, and shoved it back into his pocket, satisfied.

Youngjae looked down at the two prey slumped at his feet, and suddenly felt a rush of power. He got into what he thought looked like a convincing kungfu position, and smirked at them, then dusted off his hands nonchalently.

Now all he had to do was look for Daehyun and his hyung. This wasn't such a difficult task really, considering that the basement room only had two storage-like rooms built into one of it's walls--and one of the storage room's doors was left wide open. Youngjae ignored that one, and turned to the other one.

They had to be in there, Youngjae was almost certain. When his hyung had screamed at the phone earlier, Youngjae could hear the way his voice bounced easily off the walls. It meant that he was in a small enclosed space, that was probably the aforementioned storage room.

Youngjae couldn't help scoffing at the primitive lock on the door--one bar resting across the door, keeping it closed. He shrugged. His amazing IQ was not really needed here.

He removed the heavy wooden bar, huffing a little, and grabbed the rusty doorknob, flinging the door open.

In the gloom that was only relieved by a single, tiny lightbulb on the ceiling, Youngjae could see Daehyun stretched out on the floor, with his eyes shut, and breathing quick and shallow, while his hyung sat astride him, nose buried in the boy's neck, lips grazing the top of his shoulder. Youngjae froze. He looked from Daehyun on the floor, to his hyung sitting on Daehyun's back, and let his hand drop limply from the doorknob. "...What?" Youngjae wanted to run over to his hyung, fling him off, and beat Daehyun up.

But he didn't. He simply stared at the two captives, and backed up one baby step.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ohohoho, baddd timing, Youngjae... ><