Trip to the Toilet

Mission Impossible II

A/N: What? 23 subbies even before I even start my first chappie?? Thanks guyssssss!!! *VIOLENTLY RADIATES LURRVVEEEE* I hope this chappie was up to your expectations. For Mission Impossible II, I think I will be focusing more on the fluffier, comedy aspect, and there (probably) won't be an episode of full-blown angst, like in Mission Impossible...Commenttt, tell me whatt youu thinkkkkk :)))))))))

 

 tumblr_ma56x7O2pe1qc65cro1_250.gif

Crash performance's sweet Daejae...moments before Youngjae drops Dae -.-

 

   Daehyun shoved his back against the pillar, and peered about cautiously. The basement of the building was dim, and lit up by small, ineffective bulbs, that studded the ceiling at irregular intervals. Daehyun tried to get his eyes used to the gloom. In the far corner of the big, underground room, were a few indistinguishable lumps: black outlines against a grey wall, worn and discoloured with age and dust. The smell of sweat and fear hit Daehyun as he shifted from his hiding place, and as focused as he was on his mission, Daehyun couldn't help noticing, wrinkling up his nose.

  Where were they?

  Daehyun was about to turn around, and climb the flight of stairs up, so that he could explore the rest of the building, and perhaps find some clues, when one of the lumps stirred and moved. Daehyun drew in a quick breath and observed it carefully at a safe distance, before grabbing a mop that lay where it had been discarded by someone on the floor, god knows how many centuries ago.

  Why the mop?

  Daehyun hadn't had the time to retrive his weapons of choice from the agency before setting out on this mission, as he'd only been notified late into the night, and they'd needed him there right away. Daehyun knew the importance of correct timing in his undercover job, and had rushed over without his usual ammunition--which was stupid, and risky--but Daehyun loved the thrill of the risk. And, he knew (from previous experience with an exasperated team member) how much a mop could hurt someone if used correctly.

  His fluid actions caused some of the lumps to shrink away from him, and Daehyun took this as a sign that whatever it was, it didn't pose that big a threat to his life. Brandishing the mop like a sword, he advanced.

  As Daehyun neared, and his eyes finally adjusted to the meagre light, Daehyun could see that the lumps were huddled under blankets, some individually, and others had to share the cloth. The filthy material draped over the forms, and gave the lumps their irregular shapes.

  Daehyun was starting to feel like he had a contagious disease or something. Every step he took towards the huddled shapes brought them cowering away from him in fear. So, he stopped, and just watched them.

  The 'lump' closest to him turned around slowly to look at him. Two eyes peered out at him.

  That was all he could see of the girl's face, but they told him enough. The eyes were wide, almost to the point of hysteria, and the pupils were dilated, partly with fear, and partly due to being stuck in this underground dungeon, Daehyun suddenly realised. The eyes were bright, but not like those of a live animal's. Watching his reflection in the shining orbs watching him, Daehyun couldn't help feeling that he was staring into the polished, glassy beads that toys had for eyes. There was no emotion, no hint of what the girl was thinking--or indeed if the girl had anything going through her mind at all. The eyes were simply huge, wetly glistening blanks--were simply abysmally empty.

  Daehyun had found what he was looking for.

  Bending over so slowly that even his well-trained muscles ached, Daehyun lowered himself to the same height as the human-shaped lumps, and put down the mop silently on the floor, so that he might give them the idea that he was here to help them, and not damage the already destroyed people.

  The girl gave up inching her body away from him--she was already backed against the wall, there was no where else to go. Daehyun looked at her, and hummed one of his songs slowly, to try to soothe her. He needed her to talk to him, give him answers. Then, he could complete his mission.

  Daehyun took a calming breath, and opened his mouth.

  Something else shifted in the darkness beyond the lights, and Daehyun froze. He needed to get out of here, fast. If someone found him here, where he definitely shouldn't be at this hour, it could very well mean the end of his life.

  Daehyun sprang up, body tensed, and swung his fists up in a defensive position. And forgot about the girl.

  She started, and it almost seemed as if she'd shrunk into herself in fear. As if in slow motion, Daehyun looked down at her a beat after she drew in a ragged breath, and opened .

  An unearthly wail left her raw lips, a scream of pure despair, that echoed around the whole room, bouncing off the walls and pillars. Shivers crawled up and down Daehyun's spine as he looked at her in horror and disbelief. It was as if all the emotion she'd lacked in her eyes were amplified in her voice, in her cry. Footsteps sounded upstairs, and the rest of the lumps came alive as well, whimpering, mumbling, whispering, as someone approached from above.

  Daehyun didn't dare to stay--he had too little information about the prey, and didn't know how to go about hunting them. He turned and slipped out the way he came again, for now.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Youngjae's breath quickened, as he followed his colleague into the dank, dim room. He absolutely hated the actual field work of his job. He really couldn't stand the danger, the stress, the adrenaline of personally being at the scene. He much prefered to stay at home, and work out how to hack into websites, or pass on information he'd gleaned through his own intelligence network. It was so much easier, than squeezing into narrow passageways, scrambling away from danger. Youngjae was more suited for the more IT part of this field of work, and he knew it. When he'd found out about Daehyun, he'd been surprised at how much he seemed to enjoy missions on scene.

  Youngjae let thoughts of Daehyun comfort him, as he stepped into the darkness. All they had to do was retrieve the chip, and gain access to the information about the deals his prey had made in his filthy trading company.

  His colleague motioned him to slow down, and placed one finger on his lips. Youngjae strained his ears to hear what his colleague was listening to so intently. From the gloom, came a voice humming, and Youngjae recognised a few notes from B.A.P's song, 'Power'. He paused, tilting his head and frowning. His prey was a B.A.P fan?

  His prey was a baby?! That just sounded wrong.

  A little distracted, he let his mind wander away from work for the moment, and his foot brushed against some rubbish that had been left strewn about on the floor. He froze, heart banging against his ribcage, as the coke can clanged away, into the darkness.

  His colleague mouthed a swear word, as they whirled around, and scrambled out of the door they'd disconcertingly found picked open already. His colleague threw a desperate fist in the air--their signal to split up and return home. It was too dangerous to continue working here, for now.

  A dark shadow rushed past Youngjae in the dark, and he shunned away, grateful that he didn't get caught by whoever it was. Although Youngjae squinted at the receeding form, he couldn't make out the features of the person clearly, as he disappeared into the gloom too quickly.

  Youngjae frowned again.

  Who was that person? Why was he running away from the room, like them? Was he the one who'd broken into the basement first?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   Once back at the dorm, Youngjae looked up at the familiar building, and the window he'd climbed out of to go on his mission. He sighed. He really didn't feel like climbing back up through the window, after all the excitement just now, but he couldn't afford to be detected by his group. He sighed, and got into position.

  Inside Daejae's room, Daehyun hauled himself away from the open window Youngjae must have forgotten to close before going to sleep, for some reason. Daehyun glanced at Youngjae's bed, to check that he hadn't woken him up. Daehyun froze.

  Youngjae wasn't in his bed. Where could he have gone? Daehyun cracked his knuckles nervously. Even though his teammates had accepted his undercover jobs, he didn't want them to know that he was on this particular mission this time, because it was one of those high-risk, dangerous ones that he'd promised them he'd stay away from. Daehyun sighed softly to himself. It had been too tempting for him to resist...

  Daehyun's eyes widened as he heard someone else scrambling after him through the window, into the room. Had they followed him here? Daehyun leapt into bed, and covered himself with the blanket, pretending to sleep, and preparing for a surprise attack.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Youngjae jumped into the room, and looked towards the boy sleeping on the bottom bunk of their beds. He grinned. Daehyun looked so peaceful and child-like when he slept, that it was almost impossible to imagine he was the same ruthless tease he always was in the day. Youngjae studied Daehyun’s face as he neared the bed, and gave one of his amazingly wide smiles that would usually land him with a face squishing from Daehyun during the day. However, Daehyun was asleep now, and Youngjae couldn’t stop his lips from curving upwards as he looked at the sleeping form. Sighing, Youngjae stepped onto the ladder to his top bunk.

  Something grabbed his foot, and he gave a gasp of surprise, as he nearly fell to his death (what would his fans think?!). Youngjae looked down at the hand that had grabbed his ankle. His heart skipped a beat, when he saw Daehyun smirking up at him. And it wasn’t only because Daehyun looked so unnervingly attractive, with his half smile, head tilted up at him, hair beautifully messy.

  “Where were you just now?” Daehyun squinted up at him. Youngjae gulped. How should he answer that?

  "Tell me." Daehyun tugged Youngjae's ankle, and made him fall onto the bed beside the other boy. Daehyun's warm breath ghosted over Youngjae's ear when he breathed those two words, and made Youngjae want to melt into a puddle of goo.

  Youngjae took a deep breath, and looked at Daehyun. He couldn't have been awake this whole time... Youngjae's face cleared as he muttered a response he deemed plausible.

  "Toilet." Youngjae continued climbing up the bunk, and collapsed onto the matress.

  Daehyun raised his eyebrows at Youngjae. He'd just climbed back into their second-floor bedroom, through the window no less, back from using the toilet?

  Both boys turned to their door, as they heard Himchan hyung shuffling aroudn in his bedroom slippers, preparing to go to sleep after using their dorm toilet.

  Daehyun finally understood.

  "You were that urgent, huh?" Daehyun said, mirth showing in his voice. He imagined Youngjae squatting down in the flower bushes they kept in their back yard, and tried to hold in his laughter.

  "Yeah, stomach upset. I had to do the number two. Guess I had a whole lot of crap piled up in me.." Youngjae murmured sleepily. Daehyun had to admit, Youngjae did seem rather tired out after the ordeal, and so he tried to feel something other than amusement--maybe something along the lines of sympathy or something.

  "Gross. Too much information..." Daehyun paused, curious, "So you dug a hole, and..." Daehyun couldn't say anything more, without bursting into laughter. The image of Youngjae using their flowerbeds as his restroom was almost too much for Daehyun to bear.

  "What hole? I didn't dig one." Youngjae muttered, almost to himself, as he drifted on the brink of consciousness. Why wouldn't Daehyun let him fall asleep?! He'd given a reason already, for his absence. What more did Daehyun want him to do..? Youngjae felt slightly irritated.

  "Wait. You didn't dig a hole?!" Daehyun's smile dissolved into a shocked expression, mouth forming a small 'O' of disgust.

  No response.

  Daehyun stared up at the bottom of the top bunk, as he settled down, silently noting to himself to be careful of where he stepped when he went out the next day.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hihihi, hahas, I guess nothing much happens in this chappie, huh? If this wasn't really interesting for you, I'm really sorry, and I'll make it up to you guys with the fast-paced chapters coming up nexttttt <3333333