Be Careful What you Wish for

Mission Impossible II

A/N: Sorry I took so long to update this time...Exams *vomits*...If you're still reading despite the rather y chapter before, my love goes ou to you guys *radiates warmth*. Do comment to tell me what you think of this story so far :))))) Thanks for reading, and to anyone who has upcoming exams and tests too, FIGHTING!!! <33

tumblr_m5mvhh583S1rnkj5ho1_1280.jpg

Dear Himchan, I don't think it's a good idea to get stuck inbetween Daejae... ><

 

"...What?" B.A.P looked round at each other incredulously. They turned to their manager and choreographer again, who looked resolutely back at them, already expecting their reactions.

"Eyyy, hyung, don't make such cold jokes..." Yongguk's mouth stretched in his trademark, gummy smile, as he nudged his manager with one elbow playfully. The manager hyung's earnest expression didn't change, and Yongguk's smile slowly faltered in it's brightness, then faded away completely. Yongguk looked around at his group for support.

Youngjae saw that the new B.A.P concept had been confirmed already, and shrugged his shoulders, not too perturbed about it. He'd pull this one off perfectly too anyway. He exchanged small smiles with Zelo, who was trying out novel facial expressions to fit the new theme, making him look (just slightly) constipated. Youngjae and Himchan exhaled a little at this. Zelo didn't really need to try that hard: this concept seemed to be made for their maknae. Himchan looked in their dance studio mirror, and practiced some poses, but he was another one of them who conformed almost effortlessly with the new concept.

This half of the group turned to look at the other despairing members, who either sank to their knees, begging the managers to reconsider, tangling their fingers in their hair and jiggling about in a desperate, hopping dance, or went to stuff themselves into a dark corner to try hypnotising themselves into believing that this whole situation was just a bad dream.  

Youngjae smirked and sauntered over to Daehyun, who was jumping about in a dance of embarrassed agony. Both boys remembered how Daehyun had mercilessly teased Youngjae earlier that day, and Daehyun backed away from Youngjae, groaning. Daehyun thought about their new concept--acting deliriously cute, On. Stage.

"Kill me now." Daehyun beat at the wall helplessly with one fist.

Youngjae swiped his tongue slowly along his lower lip with anticipation. Daehyun saw, and gulped. Hard.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"No, smile like thisss..." Youngjae grinned sweetly at Daehyun, motioning with his fingers. Daehyun rolled his eyes.

"I did." Daehyun tried again. His top lip curled awkwardly, then the right side of his mouth twitched upwards teasingly slow, eyes smouldering. Daehyun watched Youngjae's reaction.

Youngjae blanked out at the smirk for a while, then face-palmed at his stunning teammate's failed smile.

"No, smile like thisssss..." Youngjae demonstrated once more, and this time, he placed his fingers on the corners of Daehyun's mouth, and pushed them upwards, as far as they would go. Leaning back a little, Youngjae inspected Daehyun's face. He sighed. All Daehyun looked like now was a rabid frog.  

Behind Daejae, the rest of B.A.P had gathered to watch the spectacle of Daehyun trying to smile. It was infinitely hard not to laugh, and they all looked either on the brink of exploding, or like they were being slowly tortured to death. Their manager hyungs had joined them for a while, nodding with approval at Youngjae's flawless performance, and sighing at Daehyun's cringe-worthy attempts. Was it really all that hard?! The manager hyungs gave up after a while, and left them to carry on training for the next showcase.

Daehyun vowed to work hard, and master the art of smiling angelically, for his team.

"Like thissss?" Daehyun relaxed his cheeks, and scrunched up his eyes, stretching his lips as far as they could go, baring as much teeth as was humanly possible. Youngjae's mouth hung slightly open, and his jaw worked up and down, but no words sounded past his lips. Youngjae really didn't know what to say, as he stared at Daehyun's contorted face.

Daehyun looked like an agressive giraffe, the way his face was scrunched up. Youngjae paused and looked at the boy's face, lost in thought for a while. Usually, when Daehyun acted agressive, it was y, and nearly killed the fans, but Youngjae doubted anyone could call a snarling giraffe y. If anything, the face Daehyun had come up with this time was pure disurbing. Full stop.

"Yah! At least look human, won't you?" Youngjae raised his hand to whack Daehyun in the stomach, but was blocked easily by Daehyun's arm. Sometimes, it scared Youngjae how well Daehyun knew him.

"I know I'm other-wordly good looki--" Daehyun smiled then, as he spoke those words, eyes crinkling up properly this time, in happy half-moons. Himchan, watching Daehyun's face evolve, cut him off.

"Stop! Don't move! Right there! Hold it!" Himchan shouted, shoving his palm in the air for emphasis. Daehyun looked away from Youngjae, and his smile dropped, as he stared curiously at Himchan.

"...What?" Daehyun cocked his head.

The rest of B.A.P gave up, and patted demoralised Youngjae on the back.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Youngjae pressed the light-up button on his watch under the covers. Midnight. Youngjae's colleague would probably be there already, hidden as best as he could in the shadowy gloom of the night. Youngjae couldn't help shaking his head a little at the thought. He and his partner were way more suited for working behind the scenes. Look at the way they'd failed at their first attempt to get their hands on the computer chip with vital information! Youngjae thought about how Daehyun loved the action of sneaking around danger, and wished that he was his partner instead. It wasn't that he disliked his colleague--he'd just feel so much safer if Daehyun was there to protect him...

Youngjae knocked his head softly, to beat those kinds of thoughts out of his head. He sounded like a freaking damsel in distress, for god's sake! Youngjae tensed up reluctantly before the door (the window had become too risky), and slipped out, as silently as possible.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daehyun raised his head to check the clock. 1am. It was probably time for him to get going. Daehyun hated sneaking around like this, and deceiving his friends, but he just couldn't stay away from his undercover work for long. Painstakingly, Daehyun rolled up a black t-shirt (probably one of Youngjae's but Daehyun couldn't really tell in the dark), and arranged it above his bolster, on top of his pillow, so that it looked like he still safely tucked up in bed.

Daehyun couldn't afford for Youngjae to find out--he'd surely get stopped because of the high risk. Youngjae tended to worry too much when it came to him. 

Pausing before the door that was just ever so slightly left open (boy, was Youngjae getting careless nowadays, going to sleep without shutting the door, and even forgetting to close the window), and slipped out, as silently as possible, so as not to alert Youngjae, who he presumed was fast asleep in bed. Daehyun couldn't bring himself to look at the boy's bed--he felt too guilty from hiding this from Youngjae.

Reaching his destination, Daehyun found that the door he had to expertly pick open with a toothpick the last time, was left disconcertingly ajar. Had someone from the agency already gotten there, seeing as he wasn't there yet? Daehyun checked his watch. He was on time...

He scratched his head, and focused back on the mission. His prey had probably gotten careless, that was all.

Once inside, Daehyun backed against the same wall again, and stayed motionless, allowing his eyes to adjust to the murky darkness. He kept his ears tuned to the surroundings as his only look-out for danger. This was just about the riskiest part of the mission, and Daehyun was enjoying every part of it--until something came pelting out of the darkness, and rammed into him.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Youngjae's eyes were as wide as they'd ever been, as the boy ran around in the dark, eyes attempting to comb through the gloom, trying to locate his partner again. His prey had been ready for them that night, and had laid in wait for them, springing a surprise attack moments after Youngjae and his colleague had entered. Youngjae knew it was stupid that he'd gone on this mission, with someone as useless as he was in perilous situations, but Youngjae had never felt it so strongly as he did now. Youngjae had found something out, it didn't matter now. He knew they were closing in on him. He knew that he couldn't run much further.

Youngjae wanted to sit down, and sob his heart out, from the fear of losing everything. It wasn't so much the fright of losing his life, as it was not being able to see his funny, dorky, wonderful teammates. Youngjae thought of Daehyun, and the way they showed their close relationship, and affection for each other with off-hand and careless whacks at each other. Youngjae closed his eyes against the fear, as he ran blindly now. He knew it was almost over: it was dark, he couldn't see a thing, but they could, and he was in their lair now. He stood no chance against them.

All Youngjae wanted was to see Daehyun again, before he was killed on this stupid mission. Youngjae only wished to see Daehyun just one more time...

Youngjae's head rammed into what felt like a well-toned shoulder, and fell to the floor, giving up mindlessly charging around in the dark. When Youngjae opened his eyes, he found that they'd gotten used to the lack of light somewhat. He looked up.

"Game Over." The voice was husky, and undeniably y, and Youngjae marveled at his own weirdness. Familiar fists were clenched, raised in a defensive position, knees slightly bent, as if ready to pounce. Youngjae remembered how it had been, the first time he'd seen this. Youngjae gasped.

He should have been more careful about what he'd wished for.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There! More plot-ish this timeee <3333 Thanks once again for reading, and do remember to comment and subscribe, so I know what you think of this story so farrr :)))