It's Time to Move On

I Promised I'll Never Love Again

Miyoung sat at the dining table. Her fingers were wrapped around a glass of hot chocolate. Hot chocolate was his favourite drink, as well as Miyoung’s favourite beverage. They would enjoy each cold winter condition with a glass of hot chocolate to warm up their body temperature.

During the past two years she made friends indeed. Though they were her friends, none of them interacted with Miyoung. She was still the same lonely girl. Her friends were worried about her and tried to talk to her but she did not speak a word. Maybe she thought there was no need for friends. Maybe she thought there was no need to open up her heart to anyone. Maybe she thought that it would be best if she was a loner. As a result, she became distant towards the people surrounding her.

Two years later is today. Miyoung was still the same old person she was in the past years, a lonely girl. She doesn’t want anyone to interfere with her lifestyle. But what awaits her is that there is someone out there. Someone who can break the wall she built to separate herself from society. Someone who will treasure and lover her the way he did; ten times more his love. Someone who can truly open up her heart. Someone who she can express her thoughts and needs.

Little did she know her soul mate has already appeared before her eyes. He was the young man that she bumped into just a couple of days ago. As for the young man, he knew very well that she was the one for him. She was perfect, flawless, his ideal type of girl. Someone who is beautiful in every aspect.

Miyoung sighed as she stared at the photo frame of her and Kyuhyun. It’s been two long years and yet she can’t forget about him. There were times when she considered on walking across the line, moving forward to forget the painful past experience. At the same time, she’s afraid to love. Afraid to lose the one she loves; afraid her loved one will leave her without any further notice.

But what can she do? She can’t break the promise that she’s been keeping for the past two years. Miyoung is afraid that if she falls in love again, Kyuhyun won’t be proud of her. He will hate her even if he’s on the other side of the world.

“Eotokke, Kyu?” Sniffles can be heard and tears can be seen. Droplets of tear splattered onto the portrait of the couple.

The entire day, for about another week, Miyoung could only trap herself in her tiny apartment. She ate so little and barely had any sleep. There were dark heavy bags under her eyes. Her skin was paler than before. Her eyes were swollen from all the sulking the entire week. Her whole house reminded her of him. It was the apartment they both lived in. His scent still travels around the place. His clothes were still in the closet; properly hanged. There were picture frames of him and her hung up on the walls and placed in frames in the living room. On the coffee table were albums of the memories they shared.

It was true. She still can’t forget about him. He is constantly on her mind, invading her senses. He was her lack of sleep. The young girl would stay up all night flipping through each and every album. Each night she would sulk on the couch, the floor, her bed. It would occur for endless hours. How does she manage her tears?

“Kyu, eotokke?” She sobered like any other day in the past week.

She wants to move on in life; forget about Cho Kyuhyun. He was no longer apart of her life. He’s been gone two years ago. Two years without him made her suffer for long. Now she’s longing for someone to love. Someone who can cherish her the way he did. Maybe even more than him.

“Kyu, don’t be mad at me. I know you will. Please, don’t become frustrated.” She whimpered.

Miyoung finally made her decision.

“It’s time to move on.” It was very quiet whisper.


 Keke xD Miyoung finally made up her decision!~
I may not be the best writer out there, so I apologize for any grammar/spelling/punctuations - mistakes.

Critiques are welcomed!
Please comment and subscribe!