Bravery

I Promised I'll Never Love Again

 

As several weeks have passed, Siwon and Miyoung gained further knowledge of each other. Miyoung would constantly find Siwon silently grinning in which it somewhat freaked her out. One day, Siwon gathered his courage and did something that no one would have expected. That’s right. He asked Miyoung to be his girlfriend.

“M-Miyoung?” At first Siwon was hesitant about his decision, but then he wanted to know how she felt about him. Even if the result turned out depressing, he thought it was worth the risk.

“Neh?” She turned to face him. Her eyes were sparkling and Siwon couldn’t stop melting into her deep brown eyes. It was too mesmerizing.

“W-would you like to be my g-girlfriend?” He stammered a couple of words. He was afraid she would reject him. He was afraid he will have his heart broken again. He was afraid she would think of him as those random men who suddenly propose though he isn’t asking her to marry him.

“B-bwoh?” Miyoung’s eyes widened at the sudden shock she received.

“You. Me. Date.” He broke down the question into three key terms. Miyoung was silent for a while. They were both standing in the middle of a park.

The park across their apartment is the very first location where they introduced each other. It was their favourite spot as it constantly reminded them of the joyful times they shared. The park was their place. It’s an area where they would forget the past and carry on with the future.

“Miyoung?” Miyoung’s gaze was focused on the ground where their shoes were planted. Siwon placed a hand on her shoulder.

“H-huh?” She was distracted. Her mind wouldn’t gather the pieces to solve the puzzle. She was in a daze.

“Would you-” Miyoung decided to interrupt Siwon.

“Can you give me some time, please?” She asked.

“You can take as much time as you need but please, don’t make me wait for a long time. Every man has their own patience.” He smiled then kissed her on the forehead. Miyoung felt her cheeks heat up from the warmth of the kiss.

She gave him a weak smile, and then walked away. While walking back to her apartment, her mind kept on replaying the kiss she received on her forehead. She wondered what that meant.

 



Keke xD Very short chapter. What do you think is running through Miyoung's mind?
I may not be the best writer out there, so I apologize for any grammar/spelling/punctuations - mistakes.

Critiques are welcomed!
Please comment and subscribe!