Her Answer

I Promised I'll Never Love Again

 

When Miyoung woke up, there was an awful emotion of loneliness inside of her. She felt something missing from her life but she could not distinguish that thought. Glancing at the clock, Miyoung noticed it was past afternoon. When she got off the bed, her home phone rang. Slowly, she made her way to the phone and picked up the receiver.

“Miyoung! It’s me, Siwon.” He cheered brightly. Siwon was in his room, fiddling with his fingers as he was eager to hear Miyoung’s voice.

“A-annyeong Siwon-sshi.” She replied through the line.

“You can just call me Siwon.”

“Yeh, S-Siwon.” Miyoung stammered. She never addressed anyone informally, other than Kyuhyun. Every little detail reminded her of Kyu. The way Siwon spoke in a joyful mood and the way Siwon loves her. Miyoung knows very well how much Siwon loves her, but she is afraid to return those feelings.

“Do you want to meet up today at the café down the block?” ‘Please say yes, please say yes!’ His mind thought.

“Okay.” Siwon was hoping for a solid ‘yes’ but instead, she replied ‘okay’, which indeed confused Siwon.

“So is that a yes?” He asked.

“Neh.” Joy filled Siwon’s thoughts and stomach. He won’t be ordering food or beverages later in the day.

“I’ll come pick you up in ten minutes! See you later! I like you!” Miyoung felt her face flush pink when she heard his confession once more. When she hung up, Miyoung stood on the spot for another minute, trying to process what exactly happened a while ago.

He likes me. He likes me. He likes me, Cho Miyoung. She thought.

Miyoung couldn’t be happier. Although she still remembers about Kyu and his love for her, she is still glad to hear a confession from somebody other than Kyuhyun. Ever since she isolated herself from her friends, nobody dared speak to Miyoung. She was casted out of parties, no matter how convincing her friends were. Overall, Miyoung was glad to hear the confession from Siwon.

She now knows what her answer to his confession will be.

Miyoung finally snapped out of her thoughts. “Oh no! He’s going to arrive in ten- wait, no, make it 8 minutes!”

Anxiety filled her thoughts. The closet did not help her choose what clothes suited her best. Her mirror gave no suggestion on her overall appearance when she tried on many outfits. It took Miyoung a while to finally decide on her wardrobe for the day.

“Hm, I think this looks nice.” She examined her reflection through the mirror. “Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who’s the prettiest, of them all?” Miyoung giggled as she did not notice the change in her personality. As she continued giggling while speaking to the mirror on the wall, she gained more confidence and higher self-esteem.

Miyoung was no longer the Miyoung from last night, a week ago, one month ago, and two years ago. The present Miyoung has given herself a completely new makeover. She is now a new Miyoung that slowly opened her heart to Choi Siwon.

“Mirror, mirror, on the wall, tell me I’m the prettiest of them all.” Miyoung twirled around in her outfit. She chose a cat print t-shirt dress with black tights, followed by a pair of glasses to match the outerwear.

“This looks casual and cute.” She said to herself.

After choosing an outfit, Miyoung checked the time.

“Omo! I’m late for our date!” Miyoung was excited to have a date with Siwon. She’s never felt happier in her life, ever since the accident that occurred two years ago. But all will be gone by the end of today.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. That must be Siwon! Miyoung cheered on the inside. On the outer appearance showed Miyoung plastered with a genuine smile. When she opened the door, Siwon appeared to be holding a bouquet of flowers. It was pink roses, Miyoung’s favourite coloured roses.

“A-annyeong Siwon-ssi.”

“Annyeong Miyoung-ssi. You can just call me Siwon. There’s no need for the formality.” Siwon handed the bouquet of pink roses to Miyoung and she gladly accepted it.

“Thank you for the lovely pink roses. How did you know pink is my favourite colour?”

“You’re very welcome. Pink roses represent happiness and I hope you will live your life in peace and grace.”

“Thank you.” She smiled gleefully.

“Are you ready for our afternoon feast?”

“Most certainly. Allow me to retrieve my belongings.” She walked back to her bedroom, taking her pink handbag along with her. Miyoung headed back to the entrance door, taking the keys that were sitting on the counter, followed by blooming flowers.

“Kaja, let our afternoon meal begin.” Siwon took Miyoung by her slim wrist. Walking out and locking the door, they began their mealtime adventure.

-----------------------

As they arrived to Puccini Restaurant, Siwon being the gentlemen he is, pulled out a chair for Miyoung to sit.

“Thank you.” She thanked him.

“You’re welcome, my lady.” Miyoung giggled at his politeness. She wasn’t very used to it, although they met only recently.

“Welcome to Puccini, how may I serve you?” A handsome waiter by the name of Lee HyukJae, served his welcoming guests. Siwon flipped through the menu, ordering a variety of dishes for Miyoung and himself.

Once they ordered, the waiter bowed at his guests and left to the kitchen. Miyoung quietly giggled at the fading figure.

“What’s wrong?” Siwon asked.

“Don’t you think Lee HyukJae is handsome and cute? His attire makes him extra y.” She continued giggling. Siwon was surprised at the new Miyoung he was sitting in front.

“The waiter?” Miyoung nodded. “No, he can’t possibly be any hotter and ier than me.” Siwon joked. Miyoung’s giggled slowly became quiet. She was staring into Siwon’s eyes and vice versa.

“Siwon-ah…” Miyoung began.

“Hm?”

“I think I have an answer for you.”

Siwon’s heart began racing quicker than his normal heartbeat. He wondered what the result to his confession was. It could either be an acceptation or a rejection. Again, his heartbeat began beating quicker than normal. He was unprepared; suddenly Miyoung is willing to present her final response to a confession made not long ago, without any hint of notice.

Siwon gulped his saliva. Please don’t reject me…


Keke xD Mianhamnida (Sorry) for the two month hiatus! I hope you'll forgive me. I feel like I'm dragging the storyline a little overboard, but I promise you that next chapter will reveal the puzzle pieces.
I may not be the best writer out there, so I apologize for any grammar/spelling/punctuations - mistakes.

Critiques are welcomed!
Please comment and subscribe!