Big Day

I Promised I'll Never Love Again

Today is the day where the two souls meet. Their journey through life begins today. Their love blossoms today. Today’s the big day.

Miyoung walked across the park and sat on the bench. She slowly watched the snow fall to the ground. Oh how she misses those days. It was those days where Kyuhyun was there to be her heating bag. Whenever she says “I’m cold, Kyu!” he would wrap his arms around her small body and pull her in for warmth. As what people like to call it, a hug. Snow just reminded her so much of him that it made her even more depressed than when she walked out of the apartment.

At the same time, the young man from yesterday walked by and spotted Miyoung at the bench. I knew we would meet again; he thought then smirked at the sight of her beautiful face. He loved every features of her. Whether it is her hair, her eyes, her lips, or even her skin. He loved her for being so delicate and beautiful. By the time he had realized, the young man was standing in front of Miyoung.

“Is this seat taken?” He asked pointing at the seat next to the young lady. She shook her head. Where was that smooth and tender voice he heard he speak with from yesterday?

“May I sit down?” Again, just a light nod from her. The young man sat down on the seat next to Miyoung.

“I’m Choi Siwon, what’s your name?” He asked politely, hoping she would not find him creepy or anxious to get to know her. He hopes that she will not be afraid of him.

“Miyoung.” Was all she replied.

“What’s your last name, Miyoung-sshi?”

It took her a while before she answered,

“Cho. Cho Miyoung.” The smile faded from her lips in which a frown replaced the smile.

“What a lovely name, Miyoung-sshi.” He complimented.

“Thank you.” Her voice was barely hearable.

The conversation started with a question and ended with a statement. It was awkward for the two strangers. Considering they made self introductions, they can’t be classified as strangers. More like very distant friends or simply people who befriended each other several minutes ago. The atmosphere was quite tense. Neither of them decided to speak to each other. They just sat there. Quietness and emptiness filled the air.

“So...” He tried to start a conversation. “Where do you live?”

Oh no, I happened to ask a question that may ruin my reputation. It will seem like I’m a stalker! He thought inside, afraid she will think of him that way.

“Not very far from here.” He did not expect this type of reply.

“Same here. In fact, I live over there.” Siwon directed his finger to the big apartment across the park. It just happens that Miyoung lives there as well.

“I do too. Which floor do you live on?” She began talking as time passed by.

“I live on the seventh floor. What about you?” He turned to face her. Once again, the sunlight beamed on her brown silky hair. The lights reflected on it and her hair looked shimmering.

“Sixth.” It was still uncomfortable for Miyoung to talk. Though it relieved her to know that he lives one floor above her and he didn’t stalk her here.

The entire day, Siwon decided to bring Miyoung places such as the skating rink and café. Miyoung seemed to have enjoyed the events that were suddenly planned. They only met each other once or twice, but it felt like it’s been years. Miyoung felt like she knew Siwon since her past life and vice versa. It was such a coincidence that they both have common interests.

Miyoung and Siwon both enjoy listening to Mozart and Beethoven; the classical music genre. They also take interest in pop and R&B. Their favourite singer in the South Korean rhythm & blues artists list is Lee Sejin, also known as Lyn. Miyoung’s favourite song from Lyn would have to be Love...It's All Lies (사랑...거짓말). It’s a lovely and rhythmic song. It’s a wonderful piece.

“Did you have fun today?” Siwon asked as he walked Miyoung to her door. She told him he didn’t have to walk her to the door, but he insisted. Carefully seeing a young and beautiful lady go home safely is what a gentleman is responsible.

“Very. Thank you.” Miyoung smiled. This time, it was her genuine smile. She hasn’t smiled like that in such a long time, ever since Kyuhyun passed away. She supposes this is the cause of a very amusing day across the regional boarders.

“You’re very welcome.” He smiled at her before she walked inside her apartment. When he saw Miyoung close the door, he made his way to the elevator.

His heart skipped a beat for her. A very fast heart beat. He then knew he would not be able to stop this feeling he holds for Miyoung. It’s the feeling of…

Love.


Keke xD Siwon and Miyoung finally met each other. Hooray!~
I may not be the best writer out there, so I apologize for any grammar/spelling/punctuations - mistakes.

Critiques are welcomed!
Please comment and subscribe!