The Past and the Present.

I Promised I'll Never Love Again

 

“NO! YOU CAN’T LEAVE!” Tears were streaming down Miyoung’s milky cheeks.

“I’m sorry Miss Lee, but we tried our best.” The female doctor patted her on the shoulder, giving her a pitying look.

Two days ago, he was perfectly lively. Always so carefree, energetic, and cheerful. He even told me he would never ever leave me. Why did he suddenly leave me all alone? Leaving me alone in this bitter world? A world with many regretful decisions and hatred. Disappointment and love. She thought while crying hardly on the dead body in front of her.

“I hate you. I HATE YOU!” She continued sobbing, fingers intertwined together. “I hate you for leaving without me. Didn’t you promise me you won’t leave me alone!?”

Her hatred towards him only meant one thing. Love.

It was her last time seeing him; the only fact was, he’s dead. The tears kept forming constantly. She walked in the snow, carrying the depressing tears with her. It was just her, all alone in this world. The young girl looked up.

“Snow.” Again, her tears flowed down her cheeks as it did earlier. The pure white snow gently caressed her skin.

KyuKyu, saranghae.

Yes, Kyu was short for Cho Kyuhyun. She loved him and he loved her. They even promised each other that within two years on the exact same day, they will get married and live happily ever after. He even proposed to her, and she accepted the proposal. It would be lovely a fairy tale and its ending; just like Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella. Unfortunately, their promise was broken in one millisecond.

Cho Kyuhyun was such a loving boyfriend who cherished his adoring girlfriend, Miyoung. They both been through many hardships in order to begin dating. Kyuhyun’s parents objected their relationship, in high hopes of their son marrying some wealthy lady. They despised her, clearly due to her family background. She was an average yet beautiful girl who caught the eyes of Cho Kyuhyun. In the eyes of the wealth, average only meant poor. In the end, the son of the wealthy family decided to elope with the girl. Can’t blame the spell of true love. Once two partners fall in love, the journey starts there.

But now that he’s gone, she’ll be all alone. Again. It felt like she climbed the stairs, yet tripped and stumbled back down to the start of the path. He was no longer there, by her side to encourage her. To love her. To kiss her and hold her, just like he did every single day. She was all alone now. Just her and the cruel world.

By the end of the day, her eyes were swollen and bloodshot. It’s not entirely her fault, nor her ex-lover. No one is to blame, though it is partially their mistake. If only she didn’t tell him to go ahead of her, with her following after a few minutes. If only he hadn’t agreed to her decision, they would be on a perfect and romantic date right now. If only he stayed with her for those few minutes, they would be hugging and laughing at ridiculous and cheesy lines. If only he didn’t stop halfway, he wouldn’t have been in the accident. If only time could rewind back to 4 hours ago, then he would still be alive, smiling at her.

“If only…”

If only she didn’t fall in love with him, she wouldn’t be this hurt.

“I promise you I will never fall in love again. You’re my one and only, forever.” Crawled up in a ball, she whimpered quietly, allowing only herself to listen to her own voice.

That day, was the day of the first snow. It was also the last day she talked to him.

~ Two Years Later ~

It was the exact same day, the day in which he died. In no way did she forget something that meant the world to her. Not her lover’s death, but the day he proposed to her. Technically they’re engaged, not yet married. The ring he proposed to her with, she wears it without taking it off. It was an inanimate object and yet she treated it with care. With love, wholeheartedly. It was the last present he gave her. The last memory of him.

She looked up at the sky. It was snowing again, just like today from two years ago.

I miss you, Kyu.” She sniffled, reminiscing the past they shared deeply.

She stood there with both palms reaching for the snow. A gloomy and heartbreaking gaze on her face. The day of the accident was the day she never smiled again. A soft smile crossed her lips. Just as she was about to walk, she stumbled on a slippery area of the sidewalk. Instead of falling onto the ground, someone caught her by the waist.

“Agassi, gwaenchanh-ayo? (Miss, are you okay?)” The young man asked, pulling her back up from her fall. As she got back to her feet, she smiled at him. It was not the smile from before, yet it was still beautiful and lovely.

“Gwaenchanh-ayo. Kamsahamnida.” His gaze was fixated on her gorgeous appearance. She had beautiful light brown and wavy hair that has length past her shoulder. Her eyes were a darker shade of brown, emphasizing her eyes. They weren’t small and chinky eyes for an Asian. The girl had bright pink lips and was shining due to the sun. It was sparkly.

He noticed her skin as it looked smooth and milky. Without second thoughts, he was captivated by this young girl. His heart skipped a beat.

I think I fell in love. At first sight. He thought while gazing at her beauty.

“Mianhamnida, but I have to go.” She smiled at him once again and walked away. He stood there enthralled.

I am 99% accurate that I’m deeply in love with her. I am 99.9% sure we will meet again, very soon. I am 100% sure that she’ll fall in love with me. A smirk on his face as he watched Miyoung’s figure disappear into the shadows.


Keke xD First chapter of a new story is up!~
I may not be the best writer out there, so I apologize for any grammar/spelling/punctuations - mistakes.

Critiques are welcomed!
Please comment and subscribe! ^_^