My heart is breaking

A bad friend

The next day, Nicole didn’t go to school and Kris too. That creates a big question for EXOM. They plan to meet with Kris and Nicole to find out about what happened yesterday, but the two main characters was absent, so no one can answer their questions. Xiumin decided to call to Kris but Kris didn't have any response to them as last night. Finally Luhan called Nicole to ask her why she and Kris aren't present in the school. Results aren't as Luhan expected, Nicole can't answer anything for him because now her condition isn't good. The rain last night knocked her out. Nicole is now in the hospital because her fever was continuously extended.

They still shocked caused the news Nicole hospitalized and then EXOM add a heart attack when they went to Kris's house. It is an image that EXOM never see. As soon as they set foot in the house of Kris, EXOM really amazed. The room filled darkness and the smell of alcohol. Bottles are scattered around the living room while Kris was lying huddled on the floor along with the mess he has created. EXOM almost cried out when they see Kris at the time. He looked like a homeless man with pathetic shape that no one could recognize him as the prince of Konkuk University in the hearts of the girls.

Oh dear! What was going on? – Xiumin exclaimed in surprise.

Kris, wake up! – Luhan ran to Kris and called him.

Why do you drink so much? – Lay winced as for pungent smell of alcohol stormed into his nose.

Tao and Chen rush to turn on the lights and open the window to the room more airy. The noise comes from the last EXOM woke our prince drunk. After a night of burying himself into the jars of wine, his head hurt as if someone was hitting it with a hammer and his body completely tired no little strength. Lay have to help Kris can stand up.

When did you come? – Kris lazily sat up. He covered his eyes as the sun made ​​him uncomfortable.

Finally, you also wake up. So, tell me what happened? – Luhan folded his arms across his chest and wait answer of Kris.

Nothing happened! – Kris responded nonchalantly.

Nothing! Do you know that we almost rummaging around Seoul last night only to find you? But eventually you disappear in hell that we can't see? – Luhan begin explode.

I was at home – Kris continues with a short answer and it makes Luhan frustrating more than.

You have time to stay at home and drink so why don't you come to meet Nicole? You are a fool or you really don't know that she was worried for you? Why you can have a girl wait for you until too late like that? Moreover she isn't stranger but that is Nicole. What are you thinking? – Luhan angry and yelled at Kris. He doesn't want to say heavy words with Kris because he knows for sure between Nicole and Kris happened something unpleasant but Kris's attitude made ​​Luhan difficult to remain his calm.

Kris's hand rubbing his forehead, alcohol made ​​him a headache and now Luhan continue nagging makes him more uncomfortable. He turned away without even responding Luhan.

Your hand was injured. What wrong with you? – Tao was startled when he saw the wounds on the hand of Kris - result of anger last night. He worried look at Kris.

No, I’m fine. Don’t worry! – Kris lied to reassure him.

Nicole was sick, you know? – Xiumin notice and silently observed the expression of Kris.

She was hospitalized – Chen added.

It really is a blow to the heart of Kris, he paused for a moment after hear that.

I don't know and don't care anything about her. Thank for you come here to inform this to me. Now you can go, I'm tired and I want to rest – Kris said coldly.

EXO totally did not expect to hear that from Kris. They rolled their eyes at him as if he were strange creatures.

Kris quickly went into the bathroom and shut the door. He leaned back against the wall the door, completely chaotic mind. Kris looked straight into the mirror where reflects the image of himself.

A sudden loud noise came from the bathroom, EXOM jumped by fear. Kris ruined mirror. Wounds on his hands getting worse but he didn’t care. Now he just wanted to do something if he was going crazy.

A few minutes later, Kris out of the bathroom, everyone can see the wound on his hand still bleeding. Chen rush to get medical devices to treat his wounds. EXOM look Kris worry. They fell silent because none of them knew what to say at this time.

I think you need a break. We'll talk some other time – Chen said after he had wound dressings for Kris.

We will visit Nicole, if you need anything just call us, ok? – Lay reminding him before leaving.

Kris just nodded instead of answers. EXOM quietly leave, it returned quiet space for Kris. He stretched out on the sofa, staring at the ceiling. His mind filled with sadness and worry about Nicole. He wants met Nicole badly. He wants to immediately run to her, but he was afraid. He can't face with Nicole at this time. After what he did, he was afraid that Nicole doesn’t want to see him anymore. If Nicole can’t forgive him, it also means that the friendship between them is no longer. Think about Nicole and accidentally Kris put his hand on left chest to keep his heart from pain.

I’m sorry!

--

Hello, Miss! – Xiumin suddenly poked out the door. He appeared with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He smiled toward the bed where Nicole was lying. But before he can touch Nicole he was pushed aside.

Luhan pass Xiumin and rushed straight to Nicole as a storm.

Oh, my Cole! How do you feel? Your fever lowered? Why are you so pale? What's doctor say about your disease? – Luhan asked constantly makes Nicole surprised about the speed of his talk.

Luhan, I’m fine and you don’t have to ask many questions at the same time, it’s hard for me to be able to answer you – Nicole laughed for overly anxious expression of Luhan.

I’m sorry! Just because I was so worried about you – Luhan sheepishly scratched his ear.

Yah, I was the first to come here, why you can push me away? – Xiumin hit on shoulder of Luhan. But as soon as he finished speaking, when it comes to Tao, Lay and Chen continued pushing him aside again to move to Nicole.

Yah, yah, yah, how you dare? I’m the oldest person here – Xiumin angry stomping on the floor. But they completely ignore his threat, they only focus on Nicole.

Ok, Xiumin oppa come here – Nicole couldn't help but laugh when she saw Xiumin like that. He's always childish even though he’s the oldest person. She opens her arms to greet him. Because the laughter of Nicole, Xiumin immediately forgot his anger and he ran to hug her.

Aigioo, my Cole! I just didn't see you for a day that you thinner a lot. You should quickly healthy and oppa will cook for you a lot of good food. And this is for you – Xiumin brought flowers for Nicole.

Thanks, oppa. It’s beautiful! – Nicole smiled and received bouquets of Xiumin.

Noona, I'm also very worried about you – Tao ran to hug Nicole and said in a voice so lovely. Xiumin grimaced and looked at Tao, he was pushed asideo, he was pushed aside...again.

No need to worry anymore because I was fine – Nicole patted on the head of Tao to reassure.

Now, EXOM appear but still missing a person. Nicole looked towards the door but no one was there and she was a bit disappointed. Although she's mad Kris but she still wanted to see him. Nicole doesn't know why she can't hate Kris as she said. If Kris said sorry to her, sure she'll forgive him. But he didn’t come even when she was sick. Why?

Luhan quickly realized fleeting disappointment in the eyes of Nicole. “She was waiting for Kris”.So he will give reasons for the absence of Kris but he had barely said there was another person to replace him.

Ah, Kris today he's busy. He joined volunteer activities in kindergarten so he can't come here – Lay also know Nicole looking forward Kris so he lied but it was the worst lie. Kris never engaged in such activities, silly Lay!

That's right, Nicole. You know that Kris loves kids. Don't be sad, when he finished he definitely come and see you – Xiumin immediately assistance for Lay as soon as he realized the irrational in what Lay said.

If you don't know, you don't have to say. Do you think Nicole can believe in what you just said? Such a stupid reason Xiumin secretly scolded Lay and he only know bowed his head in regret.

Well, okay, if he's busy ...and I don't expect him come here – Nicole just let out a fake laugh. She knows Lay and Xiumin has lied.  

Looks like you still have a fever – Luhan put a hand on Nicole's forehead to check her temperature. He wants to change the subject so that she does not think about Kris.

I was okay! No more fever, Luhan! Maybe tomorrow I can discharge – Nicole reassure Luhan.

Really? So lucky! – Chen relief.

Lucky??I don’t think so. If I hadn't found her sooner, her situation may be worse than now – Dongwoon suddenly appeared from behind them.

EXOM looked at Dongwoon with an expression not good. Dongwoon intervened between Nicole and Kris. EXOM suspect he has something shady to divide them. Because he that Kris has suffered a lot, he is the enemy of Kris and that means he is also the enemy of EXOM. Now they are not afraid to express unpleasant attitude with him anymore.

Oh, Dongwoon, you come? – Nicole smiled with Dongwoon.

Well, I bring stew for you – Dongwoon put food on the table then towards Nicole.

Thanks. I have bothered you so much – Nicole sighed.

If you see me as your friend, you shouldn't say this – Dongwoon patted her head.

But a tall guy not to come? – Dongwoon turned to ask EXOM. Although his voice is very gentle expression on his face was very provocative for EXOM.

His name is Kris. Don’t call him like that anymore! – Tao replied in a nasty way.

Ok, whatever. I'm just curious to know why he didn't come here – Dongwoon smirked. It seems he knows why but he still tried to ask.

“This brat, we just try to lie to Nicole, now he deliberately mentioned to Kris infront of her again. Just wanted to give him a punch” – Xiumin silently cursed Dongwoon.

He’s busy – Chen replies.

Oh! Are you sure? He was busy or he doesn't want. It is also possible that he did not dare to come – Dongwoon raised an eyebrow.

What do you mean? – Lay frowned.

I think you already know. Nicole suffer like this because him. All thanks to your precious friend – Dongwoon said sarcastically.

 

Hey guy, beware your words – Luhan said sternly with Dongwoon.

Although EXOM are angry with Kris but that doesn't mean that they will forgive those who say bad things about Kris.  Five boys stared at Dongwoon, their eyes as if they want to kill him.

Dongwoon, come on! Don’t talk about Kris anymore! Luhan ah, maybe he was just joking, don’t be too serious – Nicole noticed a stressful situation, so she quickly stopped them before things go too far.

I think we shouldn't bother Nicole, she needs a break. At other time we will visit you! – Lay quickly understanded Nicole intention. He don’t not want to make Nicole upset anymore.

Come on Luhan, this is the hospital we shouldn't mess things up. Moreover Nicole needs a break – Lay whispered at Luhan ear. Luhan nodded and received his comments.

Let's rest my beautiful. Keep healthy and never sick again! – Luhan smiled and gently patted Nicole head.

Yeah, oppa! Thanks for your visit! Bye bye! – Nicole smiled waved goodbye to them.

After say goodbye Nicole, they didn't forget send the murder stares to Dongwoon. When EXOM went out there, Nicole sunk into silence. She mused. It looks like she’s thinking something very deep and probably also very sad. Nicole didn't say anything with Dongwoon, she just facing the wall pretending to sleep. Dongwoon sighed looked at Nicole. He knew she was thinking of other guy whom he hated. Dongwoon quietly leave, maybe he should leave her alone. As soon as Dongwoon left, Nicole burst out cry. She tried to suppress her disappointment but until now she can't hold it anymore.

Kris, I hate you! I hate you so much! But why the more I want to hate you the more I was painful. Why are you avoiding me? Don't you care about me? You really don't need me anymore?

Nicole’s POV:

I cried until i fell asleep. In the dream, I saw Kris, he looked very sad. He quietly looked at me and then turned away. I chased him but everytime I was going to touch him, he runs away. I called him several times but he didn't come back. And I started to cry. But suddenly I felt someone’s hand touched my cheek. I slightly opened my eyes but I can't see who he is. He he gently wiped the tears lingering on my eyelids. His hand is warm. It gives me the feeling is very comfortable and familiar. His scent is very similar to someone I know. I tried to resist sleep. I want to open my eyes and see him clearly but my eyes too heavy and prevent me from doing that. I could only mutter: Kris, don’t leave me!

Kris POV:

I went to the hospital and wait outside. I was hesitant in front of her room for a long time and wonder if I should come in to meet her? Finally, I plucked up the courage to step into her room.  Fortunately she fell asleep. It made me feel more relaxed.

She looked so pale and fragile in suits for the patient. Although she was sleeping, but her face didn’t have any peace at all, seems like she is very sad, I can feel it very well. I heard a slight sob and the tears rolling down her cheeks. Nicole is crying. It makes my heart breaking. Nicole has always been a happy girl but today even in her sleep she was still crying.

What's she dreamed? Why is she crying? Who make she cry? Or did I make her cry? Maybe in her dreams I was a bad person?

She muttered something so small that I couldn’t hear. I leaned down and kissed her forehead and gently wipe away her tears. My heart is like being pinched. I held her hand and applied it on my cheek.

Nicole, I’m sorry! I’m sorry! – I continuously whispering to her and my tears began to fall on her hand.

Dongwoon POV:

I left the hospital but my heart weighed down by worry and guilty. See Nicole in such a pathetic condition I really heartbreaking. This is the first time she was shown a picture of grief like that in front of me. In my head raises the question: What should I do? Should I continue or give up?

~~Flashback~~

Last night I could not sleep. I looked at the clock, 2:10 am. I get out of bed and look out the window. Rain is still falling. In the dim street lights, I saw a girl standing in the rain and right in front of Nicole's house. But, no... I was startled to realize that familiar shape. Can't believe my eyes, I rubbed my eyes trying to see clearly again. My God! She is Nicole. What the hell she was doing?

I quickly ran out of the rain to pull her into the house. Nicole’s hand was very cold, her body trembling and... She was crying. Only one night I saw her cry twice. My heart hurts but what can I do for her?

After Nicole has a high fever and constantly, her mom are extremely worried so I decided to take her to the hospital. But Nicole's pretty bad condition so she was hospitalized. I have to stay there to be able to take care of her. She started delirium and she started muttering in sleep. I don't know what she said because it was so small and discrete but with a sound that I hear very clearly.

Kris ... Kris Nicole has constantly called his name. It makes me uncomfortable. Even in her dreams, she only to see Kris. I hold her hand in his hand and whispered to the girl fell into a dream filled with images of other guy that I hated.

Can you can forget him and look back me once, Nicole? Can you give me a chance to replace his position in your heart?

I asked her, but I also know the answer better than anyone else. After what I witnessed perhaps the answer was too obvious: Nicole not belong to me.

~~End of Flashback~~