I'm gay

Saved

'Hyukkie?" Donghae asked timidly. 

Hyukjae widened his eyes in surprise. So, Donghae did remember him. He grinned. Never had he felt so happy in his life to know that Donghaeremembered him. 

"So you do remember me, eh? How have you been? You seem slightly scrawnier and more reserved than the Donghae I knew back then. What happened to you?" Hyukjae asked, curious as to know how the guy he loved felt. 

Donghae just remained silent. Unsure of how to tell his childhood best friend that he was bullied because they found out he was a ''. He was afraid that Hyukjae would judge him and furthermore, it was only the first day of school. He just wanted a day without criticism or being aabnormal. Donghae shook his head, not wanting to tell Hyukjae of who he was and being looked down on.

"Donghae? What's wrong? Is there something wrong? We used to have no secrets between us. What changed?"

"I became a . That's what's different! Are you happy now? What's wrong with people these days. Judging people for liking the same . Are you going to make fun or hurt me like everybody else did?!" Donghae nearly shouted, tears in his eyes, waiting for the bullying and beatings to happen as it always did. 

Hyukjae was stunned. This was the first time Donghae was this agitated. Was he treated that badly in his previous school because of gender preference? His heart ached for Donghae. He was so sweet and innocent yet he had to endure this treatment from his schoolmates. Reaching out to hug Donghae, not caring that they were in a class where people could see, he whispered sweet nothing's to him. Enforce broaching the sesnsitive matter. 

"You ought to know I won't do that. What happened?" 

"When they found out about...about my gender preference, they beat me up. They said I didn't belong to this world. It...it happened every...day. " Donghae said as he sobbed. Donghae shivered at the thought of the beatings he had to endure, still frightened by what happened. 

Drawing circular shapes on his back, Hyukjae tried to soothe Donghae. 

"If it makes you feel better, I'm gay too. " Hyukjae shared. 

Looking slightly wide eyed by hyukjae's honesty, Donghae smiled, glad to know he wasn't alone. That he now had a friend who could bhis confidante as well.