Coma

Saved

"Stop pacing, would you? I'm sure he'll be fine. You saved his life. Stop worrying. " Kyuhyun said to Hyukjae. Ever since Donghae entered the operating room, Hyukjae had been pacing along the corridor. At the rate that he was pacing, he could burn a hole in the carpeting of the hospital floor. 

"How could I not worry? All the blood, abuse and being ...it was so horrifying and I wasn't...wasn't able to protect him. What kind of a boyfriend am I?!" Hyukjae sank to his feet, breaking down in tears at the thought of the brutality his boyfriend had faced, physically and emotionally, and it was all because of him. Kyuhyun sighed. Making sure that the sniffling Sungmin was comfortable on the seat, bent down to console the now sobbing Hyukjae, reassuring him that Donghae would be alright. 

Just then, the doctor and surgeon came out from the operating room. They both had a grim expression on their faces. Hyukjae tensed up, afraid of what they were going to say. 

"You are here for Lee Donghae right? Well, we're not very optimistic about his condition. He has several deep cuts which required stitching and several bruises and cuts all over his body. There were also tears in his , that was caused by the , leading to severe bleeding but we managed to staunch the blood loss. However, the most worrying problem is his cracked rib. It had ierces his left lung, causing it to collapse. We did a surgery to overwrite it but due to the lack of oxygen, he has slipped into a coma. Of you want, you can visit him but we're not sure when he'll wake up. I'm sorry. " Having said that, they walked away.

It was like hyukjae's world had collapsed at the mention of Donghae being in a coma. His legs became weak and would have collapsed to his feet if the Kyumin couple had not rushed forward to support him. Disbelief was written all over hyukjae's face. Why Donghae? He was innocent! 

When they entered Donghae's ward, the sight made them cringe. Donghae was hooked up onto so many tubes and wires that the only place free from them were his legs that were covered in the dirty beige blanket. Donghae looked so weak and lifeless that hjae wanted to cry and scream in anger. If it weren't for him being Donghae's lover, Hyoyeon would not have targeted Donghae. Of it weren't for hyoyeon's crazy obsession with him, Donghae would not be in the hospital, relying on a ventilator to help him breathe. 

Hkjae staggered to Donghae's side, clasping Donghae's hand in his as he watched the rise and fall of Donghae's chest. Hyukjae held on to the fact that Donghae was breathing, so Donghae would have to wake up in the end. The Kyumin couple sighed as they looked at Hyukjae's sullen expression, as if the world was going to end. They decided to leave Hyukjae alone and give him time to mull things over.They were consolated with the fact that Hyoyeon and Kibum had been arrested and placed in remand before their trial. They still could not believe that anyone could be this ruthless. 

Back in the room, Hyukjae was trying to coax Donghae to wake up although the effort was futile. 

"Donghae-ah. Wake up...for me, please? I'm so...sorry. If ... If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be here in this state. I wish I could swap ps with you. How could someone so innocent like you, have to deal with such things? Just...Just open your beautiful eyes and say you foror do anything! Just wake...wake up. Please?" Hyukjae said as he broke down in tears again. 

The next few days were a blur to Hyukjae. He was either by Donghae's bedside, self-studying, or rushing home to have a shower befor cominto the hospital - again. Hyukjae did not want Donghae to be alone, in case he woke up, so he would ask the Kyumin couple or Heechul (if he wasn't making out with his boyfriend every time Hyukjae called) to stay with Donghae in his absence. 

Event though Donghae had not woken up from his coma yet, physically, his condition was improving. Most of the tubes and wires wet gexcept for the oxygen mask as Donghae's lungs were still healing, unable to take in sufficient amount of oxygen for Donghae on his own. 

Everyday, Hyukjae would talk to Donghae despite knowing that Donghae would not respond. The doctor had told him that despibeing in a comatose state, he could still hear what was happening around him and it might actually quicken his recovery rate and wake up fros coma. 

So, Hyukjae would talk about how his day went and how the trial went, with Hyoyeon and Kibum being jailed for the next few decades with Kibum also being caned. Hyukjae hoped that this delightful news would soothe Donghae to know that he was safe and should wakup soon. 

 

Hi~I'm back! Lol. My deepest apologies for not updating sooner... I was lazy and had to endure the days of scoldingrom my parents for getting so low grades...yah... Hoped you enjoy this! AND comment!