Bathing With The True Kim Myungsoo

Expect the Unexpected

 

It’s been a week and Myungsoo couldn’t help the feeling that he’s been missing something yet he couldn’t point his finger as to what it was.

 

Myungsoo was staring at the open window, clearly forgetting the task that he was supposed to do when a gurgling noise took him back to the real world.

 

Myungsoo looked down to the small infant that had started to play with her small hand, struggling to insert her stubby fingers into her small mouth as she cooed while doing so. Sungyeol’s about to give her a bath and he, Kim Myungsoo, was in the middle of untying his daughter’s tiny robe.

 

Myungsoo was amused and still couldn’t believe that a robe with such size really does exist in the world and that his daughter was the one who’s wearing it. Heck, only his three fingers managed to fit inside the sleeves of the robe.

 

Myungsoo smiled to himself as he watched his daughter try her best in stuffing her hands. But too much for Jinkyeong's amusement, her appa had to stop her.

 

Using just his forefinger and thumb, Myungsoo gently pulled Jinkyeong's small limb away from her face by tugging her tiny wrist carefully. He then slowly took her robe completely off of her as he started to talk to the innocent baby. "Who's taking her bubbly bathy bathe now, eo?"

 

Jinkyeong just mindlessly thrashed and yawned with a silent coo. She just then stares off to space, still oblivious to the fact that her father was practically head-over-heels for her. 

 

Myungsoo was drowning in his daughter’s round eyes but if it wasn’t for Sungyeol, Jinkyeong could’ve gotten cold. Myungsoo missed the fact that he has left her daughter undressed.

 

“Myungie, don’t you have plans of postponing your staring contest? How long do you intend to ogle at your daughter?”

 

Sungyeol just came back from the nursery room to fetch some of the baby’s bathing essentials. He and Myungsoo were standing beside the dining table where a makeshift bathing area was made. On the dining table, a rubber mat covered with a small cotton blanket was laid. On the mat’s left side were the baby’s liquid bath soap, towel, baby powder and clean clothes, while on its right, a canister of cotton swabs and a basin of warm water were found. 

 

 

Sungyeol didn’t wait for Myungsoo to answer. He purposely teased his husband for being too engrossed with their baby. Instead, Sungyeol paid attention in checking the water in the basin if it was too warm for their week-old baby by dipping his fingers.

 

Satisfied with the water’s temperature, Sungyeol smiled as he looked at his husband who was hunched over the table, doing all the baby talk and tickling to Jinkyeong.

 

Myungsoo was unaware of Sungyeol’s stares as he was too absorbed with Jinkyeong’s responses to his act. But Sungyeol knew how to get his partner’s attention.

 

“You can give her, her bath today.” Sungyeol posed.

 

Sungyeol was the one who has been giving baths to Jinkyeong since the third day prior to him giving birth to her, and Sungyeol wanted to let Myungsoo feel the bliss of the bathing experience.

 

Myungsoo paused and blinked upon hearing his wife’s offer. He has wanted to do the bathing the moment he watched Halma when she taught him and his wife the proper and various ways of bathing a baby a week ago. But Myungsoo doubted if he could do it right. What if the water would get inside Jinkyeong’s ears? And then she would become deaf? And then… and—

 

“Hey,” Sungyeol called out to break Myungsoo’s reverie and kissed the latter’s cheek. “You can do it. You’re the world’s best appa, remember?”

 

Myungsoo sighed and looked back down at his daughter. He was still a bit hesitant.

 

Sungyeol wrapped his arms around Myungsoo’s chest and said, “Don’t worry. I’ll help you.”

 

It took Myungsoo thirty minutes to finish from bathing up to dressing their little girl. He lifted Jinkyeong and kissed her neck as he cradled her in his arms smelling the baby powder and baby cologne which invaded his nostrils. He was greatly satisfied with the outcome of his work.

 

“See? I told you, you can do it.” Sungyeol remarked as he leaned close, peering at his daughter as he leaned on Myungsoo’s toned right arm.

 

Myungsoo was caressing the baby’s cheek and the lace of the baby’s dress, admiring the adorable sight before his eyes. Myungsoo was feeling ecstatic, their shooting was scheduled to be at their home again for the day and through that, they wanted to show the whole South Korea their beautiful child. “She’s all set to be introduced.”

 

Sungyeol was done with clearing the table and went back to his husband and child, smiling as he agreed with Myungsoo’s words. “Yeah… ”

 

The couple was then met by silence as they quietly watched their daughter who was curiously looking around her. Sungyeol smiled as he touched the soft crown of his baby girl, running his thumb up from her narrow forehead, to the side of her cheeks, down to her stubby chin.

 

“I can’t wait for her to see us…” Sungyeol whispered.

 

Myungsoo craned his neck to the side to look at his wife. “That’ll be soon.” He said and kissed his spouse’s forehead.

 

Sungyeol then slightly pulled away as he remembered a very significant subject. The first episode of their television special, Sesame Player, was scheduled to be aired on TV on that same night. Sungyeol quickly left the dining room and made a beeline to the kitchen to check the cupboards, cabinets and fridge, if they were appropriately filled with enough food. A lot of people would be present at their home since they had to film at the same time.

 

Sungyeol was mentally doing inventory, not caring about Myungsoo who was hot on his tracks.

 

“Jagiya, chill. They’ll be here by noon.”

 

Sungyeol continued with his current chore and took out his phone to type in necessary grocery items that he would need if he had to go shopping with the cameraman later. He had to make sure the total number of people in their house later if he’d go out to buy things, it’s economical that way.

 

Being disregarded by his preoccupied wife, Myungsoo found himself thinking of the thing that he had forgotten. He knew that he’s forgetting something. But when Myungsoo saw a clay pot when Sungyeol opened a particular cupboard, mistaking it for a food stash cabinet, he remembered the thing that he wasn’t able to remember.

 

“Jagiya, did you hear anything from Dongwoo hyung?”

 

Sungyeol, who just finished his inventory check, turned to look at his husband, his face full of confusion.  “What about Dongwoo hyung?”

 

While repositioning the baby in his arms, Myungsoo stepped closer to Sungyeol. “Is he on some diet or something?” Myungsoo inquired with seriousness evident in his tone.

 

Sungyeol laughed hard the moment his husband’s question registered in his brain. How could his Dongwoo hyung do diet? It was impossible. Dongwoo always ate to his heart’s content, and deprivation definitely does not par with satisfaction. Sungyeol looked at his husband who was completely flustered due to his sudden outburst. “What made you think of that?” he asked in broken laughs.

 

Myungsoo just shrugged and told his wife the reason why he was able to ask such question. “He said he’s been eating porridge, just thought if something’s wrong. Who knows, it could be serious.”

 

Sungyeol just grinned. “Don’t worry too much. I know he has his own reasons.”

 

This is the real Kim Myungsoo: concerned, worrywart and loving type of guy; a definite far cry to the image of ‘L’. Sungyeol thought.

 

------

(A/N)

To those who subscribed and will subscribe...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

To those who bothered leaving comments of appreciation...  *kowtows*   m(___)m

I really appreciate them, a lot. It makes me want to write more. <3

And for those who are planning to correct, criticize this work (or something of the like) ... please do so. I'm not a born writer. I worked more in to scene sequencing(story board) and lines/dialogue writing when we did filming way back 2009.

I'm having difficulties with writing.

I'm more into the verbal way of telling stories... more like retelling my friends about a particular KDrama, and that I wanted them to watch it as well... You know.. INFLUENCE xD

So yeah, this is basically letting myself practice establishing plots and lines and character composition.

I'd be very happy of anyone's assistance. :)