Commence Mission HS

Expect the Unexpected

This is unedited yet, so yeah... Sorry for typos >w<

Enjoy! :)

---------

Infinite had been on a year’s hiatus with every member focusing on their solo promotions. The said hiatus was pre-planned to be only a five-month break after two consecutive years of promotion. But two months after Myungsoo and Sungyeol tied the knot, there were inevitable change of plans. Sungyeol became pregnant, and so came the year long ‘vacation’.

 

The six men were comfortably lounging in one of the cutest rooms of the Kim’s humble abode – the nursery.

 

Sungyeol was sitting on the rocking chair across the baby’s crib while the other members were either on the floor or on one of the bean bags. The room was one of Sungyeol’s favorite places. He had to thank Sunggyu later for recommending the nursery room for the Q and A set to the director.

 

Be sure not to let Sungyeol turn on the TV unless clock strikes 3.

 

Sunggyu remembered everything their manager, Hyoan, said. He has to make things right, especially when his alone checking on things. Their manager had left them earlier.

 

 “15 minutes left…” He thought, rather loudly. Sunggyu realized that he said something louder than necessary. His eyes widened in panic but then he managed to recover from the initial shock quickly; he had to wish that nobody heard the slip of his tongue. But he was wrong. He was seated beside Sungyeol’s rocking chair which meant he’s close enough to the pregnant man’s hearing range.

 

“What’s with the time hyung? Are you going somewhere?” Sungyeol asked innocently as he repositioned himself on the rocking chair, supporting his huge belly, whilst oblivious to the fact that his hyung was having an internal World War III.

 

Shoot me naoe. “Huh? No! It’s just that I had to call Hyoan hyung exactly by 3.” That was close. Good thing he had an excuse under his sleeve. But it wasn’t really an excuse; he really had to give their manager a ring in a few minutes.

 

Much to Sunggyu’s relief, the heavens wanted to make things difficult to the 29 year-old leader. Of all days, Sungyeol had to be extra curious today.

 

“Wae hyung?”

 

Tsk. Sunggyu had to cross his fingers, mentally.

 

“I don’t know why either, Yeollie-ah.” He replied, shrugging his shoulders to make his act believable. Of course, Sunggyu knew why he had to call exactly by 3.

 

Sungjong on the other hand was trying his best not to laugh at his eldest hyung. Sungyeol couldn’t see his reaction though, he was seated at the other side of the rocking chair and Sungyeol was busy interrogating Sunggyu. Sungjong didn’t care if his current facial expressions were caught on-cam; he was having fun with Sunggyu constantly making excuses to save his .

 

Sunggyu almost compromised the mission. They were close to success but their leader had to slip; and so Sungjong decided to help.

 

“Hey, hyungs. Remember the vinegar scheme Sungyeol hyung did?” Sungjong asked. He had to start a very relevant topic to veer away Sungyeol’s attention from Sunggyu.

 

Apparently it worked. The other members were starting to groan at the gruesome memory. Dongwoo even had to shiver; he remembered how it tasted on his tongue and how it felt, down his throat. Ugh.

 

“Eeew! That was like, eight years ago? But I can still taste it though. Yuck.”

 

Everybody laughed at Dongwoo’s honest remark. It was so like him. But the one who actually had a good laugh was the culprit himself.

 

“Dongwoo hyung was really funny! He had the drink plus the banana!” Sungyeol said in between his laughs.

 

Hoya was also chuckling; he had a piece of that vinegar injected banana after all. But he made sure that he was not too engrossed with the conversation. He had other things to do, and by other things, he had to notify their manager about the recent incident and to remind Sunggyu of his assigned task. Hoya had to do his part in the most subtle possible way.

 

And so, Lee Howon used the power of texting.

 

After sending the message to the manager, Hoya placed his phone inside his pocket as he called Sunggyu’s attention. “Hyung, it’s 3.”

 

-------

 

A man in his mid thirties was sitting by the waiting lounge near the greeter’s hall by the arrival area.

 

While going through pages of a local magazine, his phone vibrated and he took it out from his pocket with ease as he looked at his watch to check the time. 14:59. Sunggyu was supposed to call him exactly by 15:00, and so he expected the call. He looked at the screen, only to see Hoya had sent him a message instead of Sunggyu calling him. He sighed. Hoya rarely texted him unless it’s something urgent regarding the members, but what could be so urgent at this point of time?

 

Hyoan tapped the screen and as soon as the message opened, He could only run his fingers through his hair.

 

Hyung. Sunggyu hyung almost spilled the beans.

 

He wanted to put Sunggyu on the edge of a board over a pot of boiling water, how could he slip in the most critical part of their mission?

 

The gods must have heard Hyoan’s desire of murdering his precious dongsaeng. His phone went off again but this time, Sunggyu’s calling.

 

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” Hyoan hissed with apprehensiveness evident in his speech.

 

“I’m sorry hyung. But Jongie managed to alleviate the situation...”

 

“Ok. That’s good,” Hyoan sighed and looked at one of the screens that displayed the aircrafts that were scheduled to land Incheon International Airport by 14:45. "I think you can bring him in the living room now.”

 

“Roger that, hyung.”

 

Hyoan dropped the call and searched for a certain person in his contacts list. However, before managing to press the call icon, the same person already called him first. He could only smile while he answered the phone. “Jungryul-ah. How’re the customs officers?”

 

The man on the other line chuckled at his colleague's greeting, “They’re fine; we’re almost out,” exhaustion was clear in Jungryul’s voice. “How’s the situation there?” Jungryul asked.

 

Hyoan walked near the arrival area and scanned the place for the possible presence of media men. He could only see a few. Hyoan clucked his tongue, he was well aware that they’ve managed to spread the information about his dongsaeng’s return for the next day through made up rumors that they’ve posted online, which was apparently a false info. Everything had to be plausible for their mission’s accomplishment.

 

“Only a few…” Hyoan trailed off when he saw a horde of reporters started swarming the front of the sliding doors. “I guess not.”

 

“Yah! Help us here!” Jungryul shouted past the reporters despite having his phone still on call. He was using his Bluetooth earpiece for him to move with more ease during similar circumstances.

 

Without further ado, Hyoan ran to aid Jungryul in shielding the home comer away from the press. As soon as he was near the celebrity’s earshot, Hyoan smiled as he greeted the Infinite member that he wasn’t able to see for such a long time.

 

“Welcome home, Myungsoo.”