Going... Home?

Expect the Unexpected

 

The other members were busy trying to get their heads out of the gutter. Remembering the weird food incidents of the past was causing them too much stomach ache. They were laughing hard for a few minutes now.

 

They were in the middle of talking about Myungsoo’s attempted retribution after eating the vinegar infused banana when all of a sudden, Sunggyu interrupted.

 

“Guys! How about we watch TV?” Sunggyu suggested as he lifted a brow.

 

Sungyeol was about to complain, he was more than comfortable on his seat now. Why did they have to move already?

 

The other members got the gist of their leader’s gesticulation. Oh yes. It was finally the time. Hoya and Dongwoo helped Sungyeol on his feet and even assisted the waddling being as they made their way downstairs. Sungyeol held his breath and inwardly winced as they walked further. He felt his abdomen constrict again. It happened first at morning and at noon.  It really worried him, what if something’s wrong with his baby? He can’t let that happen. No, not after only having a week left until his baby’s going to be born. Shaking his paranoia out of his head, he let himself be aided by Hoya and Dongwoo until they’ve reached the living room.

 

After helping Sungyeol on his usual seat, the members sat and made themselves comfortable on other seat spaces available in the living room while Sungjong pressed the television on.

 

Dongwoo was ecstatic, his visage full of anticipation. “Change the channel, Yeol-ah! Wait for the news!”

 

Sungyeol was definitely perplexed with how s were acting; but nevertheless followed Dongwoo's instructions.

 

Sungyeol tried to make himself comfortable on the couch while watching TV in the living room. He moved and moved as if trying to get the best position to enjoy the rare moment since he had always preferred being cooped up in the master's bedroom, always feeling lazy to go downstairs because of the additional weight he had to carry wherever he goes.

 

He started to feel the couch, looking for the presence of the recently misplaced remote control that he used a few minutes ago. He had to change channels, he was looking for news afterall. Not long after, he managed to find the remote which apparently ended being hidden behind the couch's throw pillow. Sungyeol was ureasonably ecstatic while skipping other channels, he didn't know why. But then he was brought to an abrupt stop after finding the national news that he's been looking for.

 

And he became more ecstatic than possible. He just heard the good news. His other half was already home.

 

Sungyeol missed his husband so much and knowing that he is home took all the worries that he had when the father of his child was away. But his happiness and relief were stripped away from him the moment he realized something.

 

Wasn't Myungsoo supposed to be home the next day? Why the sudden change of schedule? Did something happen? Was he sick?

 

Sungyeol began to tear up as negative situations invaded his thoughts. He felt his heart pounding, was he palpitating? No, he can't be. It's not good for him and the baby. Did he have too much ice cream? Too much sweets is not good for his blood which meant that it's also not good for the baby. Sungyeol was worrying more than necessary, he wasn't making sense when worry took over his every being and he started to inwardly panic as he felt himself tensing up yet again.

 

The members who were goofily smiling at the pregnant choding were confused as they watched Sungyeol. They were in no doubt that Sungyeol was happy when his expression suddenly changed to sad, somewhat troubled. Sungyeol felt his tummy tensed than the usual. Sunggyu was worried when he saw Sungyeol had started tearing up. He approached him and knelt down to his level. Sungyeol looked at Sunggyu as he gritted his teeth, "Yeol-ah. I -- We didn't mean to scare or surprise you like this. Myungie planned this."

 

Sungyeol was grateful with Sunggyu understanding his former predicament. But he can't answer his hyung at the moment, he was holding his breath, trying to endure the pain that he's going through. Sungyeol started to sweat when the hurt that he's feeling became more intense. Cold sweat ran down his spine as he clutched onto one of the couch's armrests.

 

The other men were troubled with Sungyeol's unresponsiveness. Sungyeol was supposed to be happy and surprised, not sad and distressed. They aimed for him to be surprised. That was the mission's objective. Hoya and Sungjong were whispering, confiding each of their ideas on how to cheer Sungyeol. The others were fidgeting; they didn't want to feel the wrath of a hormonal and very pregnant man. But their current distraught was broken by Dongwoo's panic-stricken remark.

 

"Oh no. No no no no no no..."
 

 

And now, the time has come for them to panic --- with passion.

------------

 

 
Car doors shut, followed by a deep sigh as Myungsoo sat at the backseat while Hyoan was on the wheels with Jungryul riding shotgun. Hyoan started the engine and began to drive out of the airport’s parking lot.
 
 
 
Myungsoo couldn’t wipe the smile of his face as his eyes turned into crescents; they were the pointers that the man was overly happy. These were not left unnoticed by Hyoan, albeit driving with utmost precaution. He can see the dark haired, handsome young man on the rearview mirror clearly.
 
 
 
“Hey, kid. It seems like you’ll be treating us out tonight.”
 
 
 
Myungsoo continued his mirth. He remembered promising his hyungs and co-members for a ‘meat-out’ as a part of the deal for them to help him in surprising his wife. “No need to worry, hyung. I already made reservations.”
 
 
 
The two managers high fived; they were obviously delighted and were excited. Myungsoo was amused, it was a rare sight. The two were notorious for being the ‘serious-with-work’ and ‘busy-all-the-time” types of gentlemen. Myungsoo was truly grateful though. The same managers were with them ever since they started in Woolim Entertainment. The two managers were included in his long list of ‘Thank you to’s’.
 
 
 
Myungsoo had to put his sentiments as he remembered that he had to update their current whereabouts to someone at home; he had another surprise for Sungyeol. He heard someone else’s phone rang as he focused on searching his contact list for a name to call. Tapping on a name that he first saw, Jungryul suddenly exclaimed. Myungsoo looked up before he could even press call and saw Jungryul gripping on Hyoan’s right shoulder. Hyoan was looking at Jungryul every now and then, asking Jungryul what was happening. 
 
 
 
Myungsoo watched the two in silence; he had the feeling that the sudden outburst had something to do at home. Myungsoo remained quiet in his seat when Jungryul looked at him, his face grim. 
 
 
 
“We’ll have to cancel tonight’s engagement,”
 
 
 
Myungsoo was about to ask what was the reason of his hyung's act when Jungryul cut him. 
 
 
 
"We're going straight home. Hyoan, change lanes." Jungryul continued as Hyoan got the catch of the present ordeal and did what he was told to do without further questioning.
 
 
 
Myungsoo just had to pray that whatever the problem may be, his wife and child would be safe.