Halma's Help

Expect the Unexpected

[A/N ]

OH MY GOD!

My phone screwed up when I was editing this T____T and some parts were deleted (and I didn't have a copy -____-"). I've re-written everything as possibly as I could to restore the dignity of this chapter (or maybe even better, hopefully)... to those who have read this earlier, I'm sorry if it's a bit different from what I had previously written...

I wanna cry right now TT___TT

PLEASE DO LEAVE A COMMENT T________________________T

I'm greatly disturbed >________________________<

 

Nevertheless, enjoy! :")

------

Heavy breathing and encouraging words bounced against the walls of the living room. Dongwoo was left with Sungjong to watch over Sungyeol while the other gents went off to pick up Hyejung, their Tablo-nim’s wife.

 

Dongwoo walked out from the kitchen, bringing two wet towels that he had soaked in cold water earlier. Sungyeol had been sweating a lot, they understood that Sungyeol was in a state wherein they couldn’t in and help. The least they could do is to assist the hurting young man.

 

Dongwoo stood beside Sungjong as the elder gave the maknae the towel. “Hang in there, hyung.” Sungjong said as he wiped Sungyeol’s temple that wrinkled with hurt. Sungjong could only sigh when he felt Sungyeol was gripping his hand again.

 

The two men silently watched Sungyeol who was panting and occasionally groaning when they heard the latter. “I’m scared.”

 

The acting eldest almost flipped out. Sungyeol was the one who was very eager of giving birth the natural way at home, but now? Dongwoo knew that Sungyeol was just experiencing the paranoia of pre-birth. “You’re going to be fine.” Dongwoo said, trying to alleviate the fear of the laboring man.

 

Dongwoo turned to Sungjong and watched as the maknae continued to wipe the sweat off of Sungyeol’s face when he remembered something. “Jongieyah, since when did Hyejung noona became a midwife?”

 

Hearing his hyung’s inquiry, Sungjong could only smile upon remembering the reason why they could find help with their boss’s wife. Maybe luck was on their side. Sungjong had let a smile spread across his face as he turned to look at Dongwoo, stopping his towel duties for a second. “No, hyung. It’s just that halmoni is at their home.”

 

Dongwoo was relieved. He knew the halmoni that Sungjong's talking about, she’s their Hyejung-noona’s eomma who, by chance, was a veteran when it came to assisting mothers who preferred homebirth during her yesteryears. The remaining problems left were for halmoni and Myungsoo to arrive on time or else they wouldn’t know what to do any longer.

 

As if on cue, the doorbell rang. Both Dongwoo and Sungjong were glad to hear the noise that annoyed them in usual days because of the kids that played with it in the normal afternoons. Dongwoo patted Sungjong's shoulder with a smile and made his way to the front gate, letting a lone cameraman follow his steps.

 

"Hyung!"

 

"Myungsoo-ah!"

 

Dongwoo almost ran to get to the gate and hurriedly grabbed the iron bar to open the metal piece that hindered Myungsoo from his home and wife. 

 

The men didn't wait for another second to pass, catching up should be done later when everything's over. They rushed their way back to the living room only to find a bewildered and teary eyed Sungjong and a screaming Sungyeol. Sungyeol immediately bit his lip and let the tears flow freely on his cheeks when he heard hurried steps was approaching the living room.

 

Myungsoo dashed to his wife, taking Sungyeol's hand that was held by Sungjong. "Honey, it's me. I'm here."

 

Sungyeol smiled as he saw the loving and concerned look of his husband under his half-lidded eyes. He was tired after feeling the recurrent pains since this morning. But he still managed to open his eyes despite the drowsy state he's in.

 

The couple's moment was only interrupted when a young intern in the production staff suddenly exclaimed. "Hyung... Sungyeol-hyung... he..." The young boy was pointing at Sungyeol's lower body. “Blood...”

 

Before everybody could react and panic, Sungyeol was screaming again, gripping Myungsoo’s hand and arm as he leaned in for a hug of comfort and relief from his husband.

 

-------

 

Woohyun parked the car and was smiling when he saw a familiar car outside the house. “Hey guys, Myungsoo’s home!”

 

Hoya and Sunggyu, being the usual gentlemen, got out of the car and immediately assisted Hyejung and her mother. The oldest woman, who preferred being called as Halma, was smiling from ear to ear as she looked at her daughter, Hyejung.

 

“Eomma. I think we should hurry.” Hyejung said as she tugged her mother’s hand.

 

“Halma. Let’s go.” Woohyun said.

 

The five people were only by the front porch when they heard a desperate scream leaked out the closed front door of the Kim’s residence.  They hurriedly knocked on the door that was immediately opened by one of the lighting staff that happened to stand near the door.

 

They were then greeted by the two managers who stepped inside the house a few minutes after Myungsoo, and acknowledged the arrival of an elderly woman who they knew almost half of their lives. “Halma!”

 

The old lady only gave a nod to those who greeted her as she remained calm despite the tension that had built up inside the quaint home. She looked around the house and took note that there were too many people. She didn’t care about all the lights and cameras, but she did care about the current headcount that filled the living room. It wasn't good for a birthing scene.

 

Halma approached Sungyeol and Myungsoo and instructed the latter without further ado. "Boy, I need you to transfer your wife..." Halma then proceeded to stand beside Sungyeol's legs. "Everyone, except those who I will need, stay on the other side of the room or the other parts of the house. Dino boy, bring me a basin of warm water. Warm, ok? Not lukewarm." She added.

 

Dongwoo made a firm nod and immediately made his way to his usual destination for the day --- the kitchen.

 

Halma continued to instruct and delegated the duties to the other Infinite members. Hoya brought blankets and had them spread on the floor, Sungjong brought additional towels and a larger shirt for Sungyeol to change in to, Sunggyu shaved some ice to quench Sungyeol's thirst and to keep him hydrated in minute amounts, and then Woohyun was asked to prepare Sungyeol's hospital bag and the car in case something would happen.

 

Myungsoo had transferred Sungyeol from the couch to the spread blankets on the floor with the help of Hyoan and Jungryul. He then moved behind his wife to support him in the birthing process.

 

Halma got another blanket and covered Sungyeol with it as she threw another cloth at Myungsoo. "Let your wife change into those, it'll make him comfortable."

 

Myungsoo did as what he was instructed to do.

 

Halma then held on to the waist band of Sungyeol's sweatpants. "Okay. Now, Sungyeol, I need you to lift your hips a bit. Slowly."

 

Upon removing Sungyeol's sweatpants with his boxers, Halma could only shake her head when she saw how soiled the garments were with water and a bit of blood. The presence of the red liquid was nothing to be scared with, it only meant that a muscle was torn because the baby's already crowning.

 

This is going to be a very painful push. Halma thought. It was one of the consequences of being a male experiencing the birthing process.

 

Halma positioned herself in between Sungyeol's bent knees after doing necessary sanitation rituals while Sungyeol leaned on Myungsoo's chest as he held his husband's hands. "Sungyeol-ah. By the count of three, I need you to push for 5 seconds and then catch your breath then push once then catch your breath again. Baby's already crowning."

 

Sungyeol nodded in understanding as Myungsoo moved a bit to position Sungyeol in a better angle and whispered in his ear. "I'm here, jagiya. I'm here."

 

"Okay. One, two, push."

 

"Ahh! Oh my.. help... mmm- Myungie... Ahh!"

 

Sungyeol continued to scream as he felt the baby move further, down his narrow hips. It felt as if his bones would give up and break. He could only hold on to Myungsoo's hand for dear life as he pushed the baby more.

 

Myungsoo felt helpless, he didn't know what kind of presence he should bring while he watched his wife suffer in pain. Myungsoo could only hold Sungyeol and he couldn't do anything more no matter how he wanted to.

 

"Very good. You're doing great, just push." Halma informed.

 

Sungyeol was still pushing and Myungsoo wasn't able to feel his hands anymore, but he didn't mind. He pondered, this was what his wife needed the most from him, for now.

 

Myungsoo was looking at Sungyeol's covered lower half, he was watching intently with his guts churning everytime Sungyeol would scream agonisingly painful. But his face was full of anticipation, he himself was excited that he would be able to meet the child that he created with Sungyeol with love.

 

Myungsoo could only grip his wife's hand in return and just coaxed him to push. "You're doing great, jagiya. This will be over, soon."

 

For Sungyeol, the five second push could par a million light years and Myungsoo felt the same. Myungsoo can't help it any longer, his heart felt heavy everytime he hears Sungyeol's whispers of pain.

 

Sungyeol caught his breath, then pushed and caught his breath once more. He was beading with too much sweat, some strands sticking on to his face and Myungsoo wiped his forehead as he professed his love and other sweet nothings to his wife's ear.

 

"Oh gosh, this hurts-- Ahhhn! " Sungyeol exclaimed as he felt something inside him had stretched much wider. Due to the worsened pain, Sungyeol bucked up, closer to his bent knees to which Myungsoo was caught off guard for he didn't see the sudden movement coming.

 

Myungsoo was perplexed, but Halma only looked at him with calm donning her visage as she waved to him to go near his wife. Myungsoo drew closer to Sungyeol and the hurting wife immediately snuggled onto his husband's neck as he moaned, trying to stiffle the loud sounds that escaped his mouth for far too long. But Sungyeol can't keep quiet when it hurt so much.

 

Sungyeol's tear-streaked face had hit Myungsoo... hard. Myungsoo could hear them very well --- Sungyeol's louder screams. But he could see Halma getting all worked up and excited.

 

"You're almost there! Just one more, long push!" Halma said, the baby's shoulders were visible and were almost out.

 

Sungyeol breathed in, deep as he tucked his chin closer to his chest and screamed as he pushed the baby hard. He wanted to finish it, now.

 

Everybody could hear the clock's ticking as they listened to Sungyeol's screams and pants. But not long after, the beautiful cry of a newborn invaded every man and woman's auditory senses. A new life was finally delivered into their world.

 

Sungyeol was panting as he lazily leaned on to his husband's chest. He was smiling, hearing their baby's cry took all the weariness in him. Sungyeol then turned his head to look at his husband when he felt that Myungsoo wasn't moving, and Sungyeol was shocked, what he saw was priceless. It was simply because Myungsoo was silently crying. Sungyeol only smiled more as he warily reached a hand to wipe Myungsoo's cheek. "Hey."

 

Myungsoo only cried more, especially when Halma did something that was too precious for him to handle.

 

"Aiyoo~! Time to meet Eomma and Appa, baby girl~" she cooed as she put the baby that was wrapped with a pristine towel on Sungyeol's arm.

 

"Hello, sweetheart," Sungyeol said endearingly as he cradled his newborn skillfuly. "This is Eomma... Look, Appa's crying..." he continued.

 

Myungsoo had actually stopped shedding tears as soon as Sungyeol carefully angled their baby for him to have a better look. "Hi, princess," he said as he enclosed his wife and child in a warm hug. ''Thank you so much for this wonderful gift, Yeollie. Thank you." he continued as he looked at his new family, his heart swelling with adoration.

 

"You know I should thank you, too." Sungyeol said.

 

The new parents were gazing at the child that was the fruit and proof of their love for each other. They were both captured and drowned by the presence of their small bundle of joy.

 

The couple then looked at each other and leaned closer to share a kiss, forgetting the world around them.

 

But it wasn't for long when a certain someone said something very apalling for everyone's hearing.

 

"Okay, that's it! Sunggyu, you're getting pregnant, tonight!"

 

"Shut up, Woohyun!"

 

------

and again PLEASE DO LEAVE A COMMENT T________________________T

I'm greatly disturbed >________________________<

//I'm actually dying right now... a freaking brown creature is flying around the living room! fuuuuuuuuuuuuqqqqqq @___@