Head Turner, Eyebrow Raiser

Expect the Unexpected

 

 

Dongwoo’s hands started to get clammy as he felt the curious prying eyes of every human being in Myungsoo’s living room. He was never comfortable of people giving their full attention at him. All eyes were on him the moment Sungjong’s stalking segment was done, totally forgetting the remaining parts of the first episode.
 

 

“Uhm… Look! There’s still Jinkyeong on TV!” Dongwoo exclaimed as he pointed at his current arch nemesis— the flat screen TV. He tried to coat his voice with utmost enthusiasm to cover his obvious nervousness, trying to avert every waking body’s attention from him but he failed miserably.

 

 

Dongwoo felt his insides flipping in all directions. He knew that the time would finally come. He even thought that he had to drop the bomb a week ago. But thanks for Myungsoo being too preoccupied with his daughter and for being not too meddlesome, he was able to keep his secret a little bit longer. Biting his lower lip, Dongwoo silently threw a pleading look at the first person whom he shared the surreptitious information with.

 

 

Sunggyu started to fidget on his seat as he witnessed the scene before him. He gingerly grabbed Woohyun’s hand that rested on his right thigh, seeking support and energy from the warmth emitted by the hand of his clueless husband. Sunggyu felt his knees go numb and shaky the moment the ‘scene’ was showed on air.

 

 

Myungsoo's eyes were able to catch Sunggyu’s unrest. “Hyung… what was that?”

 

 

Sunggyu and Dongwoo somehow flinched when the honorific left Myungsoo’s lips. The word was somehow making them feel guilty at the moment.

 

 

Sungyeol who was still into feeding his daughter, looked around and noticed that they were somehow lacking. He was sure that the seven of them were all in the living room. But where was his Hoya hyung? Sungyeol started to look around, only to find an already troubled Sungjong. “Hey… you okay?”

 

 

Sungjong had become restless and troubled.  He truly felt bad for what he did after hearing the last part of exchange of lines from his hyungs. “Omona hyung. I should not have done that. I thought it was just their normal bickering—”

 

 

Sungyeol was about to talk when the voice of a person he’s been looking for interrupted his and Sungjong’s conversation.

 

 

“It’s better like this.” Hoya said as he went back to his seat beside Dongwoo. Everybody gave him a puzzled look as he passed Dongwoo a mysterious looking bowl.

 

 

It’s not a mysterious looking bowl really, it was more like they were just curious as to why would Hoya take a bowl with him. They just had a full blast dinner this evening. Wasn’t it enough for the well toned man? Wait— not enough for Dongwoo?

 

 

They continued to gawk at the object, which was held by Dongwoo, as if it would fly right at their faces anytime soon. Hoya saw this and was slightly amused at his gaping co-members. “What?”

 

 

“Is that porridge?” Sungjong asked as he gave a peek at to what was Dongwoo holding.

 

 

Myungsoo’s brain suddenly clicked. The dots were actually starting to connect in front of him, but the last dot was still blurry. He had to ask questions. “So this has something to do with the porridge thing you mentioned last week, Dongwoo hyung?”

 

 

Woohyun, who was had lost track of the sense of the conversation just questioningly looked at Dongwoo. “Are you on a diet or something?”

 

 

“I wondered about the same thing, hyung!” Myungsoo bellowed as he pointed at Woohyun, totally feeling all jumpy after knowing that someone else wondered and came down with the same conclusion.

 

 

Dongwoo was completely lost on how he should tell the others of his ‘secret’. “Uhm…”

 

 

“I think we should stop filming for now. Let’s talk about this right at this moment.” Sunggyu cut Dongwoo and regained his composure and eyed their managers. Nam Sunggyu, formerly Kim Sunggyu, was finally back to his leader stance.

 

 

Hyoan and Jungryul had remained silent with their mouths zipped. They knew of Dongwoo’s predicament, but they just kept it to themselves for the younger personally talked to them and begged for them to keep it a secret. Dongwoo told them that he’s going to tell his dongsaengs himself.

 

 

Hyoan went to talk to the director and whispered the important points and rationale as to why they should temporarily refrain filming. The other Infinite members just continued to gape; they were still as good as a lost puppy in the middle of a bustling Hongdae-gu.

 

 

Jungryul held up three of his fingers in Sunggyu’s line of sight, an evident ‘okay’ sign was delivered.

 

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat as he sat up and gave a glance at Dongwoo and then to the rest of the group. “I expect everyone to be mature the moment we touch the subject.”

 

 

Obviously, Sunggyu already knew of the yet unknown subject matter. He’s the leader after all. The group focused to Sunggyu and paid attention, more attention, to every word that the leader spoke. They were having that certain feeling that it was not about a simple dietary issue or a trivial nutrition program either. Infinite was more serious than ever, not even caring that a mere porridge would be a big issue to a bunch of kids. Ahem. Adults, rather… But their little concentration bubble was seriously popped and had totally evaporated into the atmosphere, courtesy of Dongwoo.

 

 

“Omo, it’s getting cold! You should eat this now, Howonnie!”

 

 

The four other men were completely dumbfounded as they watched Dongwoo feed Howon. They were sure that their jaws had absolutely touched the wooden floor. Howon began silently eating the porridge yet not forgetting to savor the food before swallowing it. By simply looking at Howon, content was simply an understatement.

 

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat once again but failed to repossess the attention of the still dumb-looking men. Sunggyu decided to continue the explanation of the ruckus that they’ve been on. “As you can see… uh… It’s Hoya who’s eating the porridge, not Dongwoo.”

 

 

The four men remained stoic. But then Dongwoo decided to tell everything to get things over with. He was the one who’s supposed to tell, not Sunggyu. “I’m not on a diet. It’s just that…” Dongwoo breathed in deep and sighed as he looked at Hoya. “Howonnie has been craving for porridge these days.”

 

 

“Craving?” It was now Sungyeol’s turn to question, raising his left brow in pure interest. He’s very well acquainted with Mr. Cravings after all.

 

 

Dongwoo shyly placed a hand at the back of his neck as he awkwardly looked at his inquiring dongsaeng. “Y-yeah...”

 

 

“You mean…” Sungjong gasped at the obvious realization.

 

 

Dongwoo just smiled as he continued to feed Hoya who tugged at his sleeve when he talked to the others, unintentionally forgetting about his craving partner for a moment. “You see… Me… feeding him is a part of the craving. Weird, huh?”

 

 

Hoya swallowed the porridge and innocently smiled as he felt the food move down his throat. “Aren’t you guys going to ask how far along am I already?”

 

 

They just had to hear it finally from Hoya.

 

 

And all hell broke loose.

 

 

Well, not really.

 

 

“Hyung, is that why you were so freaking calm when Sungyeol hyung was into labor?” Sungjong squeaked, wide eyed.

 

 

Hoya just jutted his lip as he nodded. “Yep. Not allowed to be mentally and emotionally stressed, that’s why.” Hoya remembered what the doctor had told him, very well.

 

 

“Gyu, seriously, I need to get you pregnant ASAP!” Woohyun insisted in the middle off the conversation to which Sunggyu just face palmed.

 

 

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu groaned.

 

 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol didn’t even bother joining the verbal battle. They just took the chance to bond with their daughter more, just like during the other days. “Who would’ve known, right, yeobo?” Myungsoo asked his wife, still with his eyes glued to the innocent Jinkyeong.

 

 

Sungyeol produced a hearty laugh as he leaned over to his baby girl as he spoke to answer his husband’s query. “Yeah… Who would’ve known, our Jinkyeong’s going to have a playmate this soon!”

 

 

And they laughed while the others follow suit. Their family was continuously growing and nobody’s allowed to be a party pooper. Promotions, be damned. They could make adjustments anyway.

 

 

What are the words changes and adjustments are for? What are the positions managers and C.E.O.s are for? Such words and positions exist for the unceasing occurrence of some things unexpected. It’s clear as day; it always went like…One must always expect the unexpected.

 

 

----   THE END   ----

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SPARING YOUR TIME IN READING THIS FIC! :”>

 

To the following people who commented:

xinshuang  maedeh  noona86  KyuWookBiasedStalker  myliza92  beatriz19  Skyrumen818  helloimrayn MaEh2012  SnowAbyss1999  Ero-chibi  noramaia  junah_  MasterL  Kgirlz  ally-chan  TabiLee  deliciousyou

 

To my subscribers! I owe you guys!

To the silent readers, thank you still! :*

 

I really started to enjoy writing and learned to love the art more because of your heartwarming and flattering messages about this fic. It was supposed to be a two-shot, but hey, I ended up with doing 10 short chappies! I’m very happy to know from you guys that I’m able to let you feel and visualize things that are going on in this fish brain of mine. Haha! I hope you guys could take time reading my other fics as well. They were oneshots that I’ve tried to make to practice writing.

 

Anyhow,

I can’t thank you enough, guys!

Hope to see you in my future fics!

Ciao~~

Expect the Unexpected… Jetsora… Now signing off~ <3